• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    my biggest one is my playthrough on my ss

i start with cyndaquil, catch a sentret, pidgey, geodude, weedle, and rattata all before i beat the first gym

and those 6 r the only ones i use through the entire game, and im going wtf when im walking into the league with my highest poke a lvl 36 pidgeot

dont ask how i did it, i have no clue.... at all....

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    I was training my pokemon, preparing for the battle with pryce on the road above mahogany town. Ok, so i got bored and saved and turned the game off and stuff. The next day, I turn it on, and continue my training, and the first Pokemon I see? Raikou -.-. I'm like "what are the chances of THAT?" I only had 1 fast ball and several net and ultra balls. So I'm like "Screw it" and throw the fast ball. and I catch it.. on my first ever encounter with Raikou at full health.. 0.0

Kianna

blip blip
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    When I was cutting across the lake to Ecruteak and ran into Entei on the water. :P

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    My friend finding a shiny. Before he could buy pokeballs. And me EV-training a Metapod (yes, I know), and finding Raikou. Scared the crap outta me so much I turned off my DS, hahaha!

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    When Ho-oh had 1 HP and was asleep and I still couldn't catch it >_<
    Took ten ultra balls after I used false swipe and hypnosis D:

i did that but ended up using a lot of ultraball but then it killed its self with struggle.

one time i was player with a so called friend who had a hacked spiritomb with wonderguard ran away and went to bed, but later i released it into the wild and sadly had to replace it with a different shiny spiritomb no wonderguard.

ChaoZZ BuBBleZ

Mightyena Lieks You! ^^
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I tried battling Red for the first time in HGSS with my level 50 Rhyperior...
    Defeated Pikachu with some Earthquakes
    Horn Drilled everything else with no misses...
    What are the Chances of That!

looper

German Hacker
    Years
    had seen the three dogs, walked to a route; at first, i found a shiny(!) Entei. Tried to throw a pokéball on it; it escaped(incredible :p). After that, I walked down the route, and had a wild battle with.... Shiny Raikou!.... Whatta shame, i didn't got one of them

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    On my SS, I went through the first 6 at the Battle Something and get defeated by the 7th cos it had like Latias and stuff O.o (I think it was on wi-fi though).

On HG, I beat the E4 and after beating Lt Surge and Sabrina, I decided on switching my team up and replaced Politoed and Honchkrow with Milotic and Jolteon. So Jolteons like level 20 something and I decide to battle the E4 just for easy level ups (that and I wanted to evolve my level 53 Dragonair). I planend on just like getting defeated by one of the E4 because my Politoed with Ice Beam was with me and Jolteons like way underlevelled. I managed to get to Lances last Pokemon (Dragonite lv 49) and I'm like Ok, I can take this guy (I used Dragonair, which was my last pokemon and had Draco Meteor) Of course I didn't KO his Dragonite because of Draco meteors stupid S.Atk Lowering thingy. WHAT THE FLIP-FLOPS.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    had seen the three dogs, walked to a route; at first, i found a shiny(!) Entei. Tried to throw a pokéball on it; it escaped(incredible :p). After that, I walked down the route, and had a wild battle with.... Shiny Raikou!.... Whatta shame, i didn't got one of them

Since you met them for the first time and they were shiny. They will always be shiny when you meet them. If you make them faint they probably will go back to normal after u beat the Elite 4 again.

GO FOR IT

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    How Jolteon used ONE Double Team attack and all of a sudden 13 moves missed in a row, wtf.
    How I was soft resetting for a male extremespeed Dratini, and I got 29 females in a row, wtf.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Not much to say, but i remember soft resetting about 30 odd times trying to catch HO-OH without using the master ball. I paralyzed it, put it to sleep, used false swipe till it was down to 1HP and no matter how ultra balls i threw, it was not happening!

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
    Nope. You have to have Blue's Badge, The 8th Kanto Badge to use HM8, Rock Climb.
    Blue says this himself after you beat him.
    THEN you get Rock Climb HM8 from Oak.

This is nothing to worry about.
    If you KO HO-OH before the League, you can face it again after you beat the League! =3

My WTF Moment is the fact that I was against HO-OH, wittled down to 1HP, asleep.
    I had 30 Ultraballs. 30!
    Everytime it broke out without one little wobble for at least 20 PokeBalls.
    Everytime it woke up, I put it back to sleep.
    Last Ball, asleep, 3 wobbles...

It broke out.
    I actually shed some tears from all of the frustration.

*Turns game off, closes DS, throws game as hard as possible into a river*

Lapras uses Sing, Arbok falls asleep.
    *Uses Awakening*
    Arbok wakes up. Lapras uses sing, Arbok falls asleep.
    *Uses Awakening*
    Arbok wakes up. Lapras uses sing, Arbok falls asleep.
    WTF
    Recalls Arbok and sends out a sacrifice Weedle.
    *Uses Awakening on Arbok*
    Lapras uses sing on Weedle, but misses.
    Weedle uses Poison Sting and Lapras is poisoned.
    Lapras uses Body Slam and Weedle dies.*Sends out Arbok*
    Endures singing, body slamming and Awakening for 15 more minutes while the poison slowly deteriorates Lapras's health.
    ONE HP LEFT ON LAPRAS AND IT USES REST.
    W.T.F.
    HP healed, Arbok is KO'd with Body Slam.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    My wtf moment was when I was catching ho-oh. I had 30 ultra balls and 40 poke balls. Sadly, I used them all, and the rest I had was... 5 net balls. Turns out my 3rd one did the charm! But.. net balls are good at catching water and bug pokemon... O.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back