• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    The only WTF moment I can think of right now is when I caught a Raikou with an ultra ball on my first encounter with it. I had just exited out of Ilex Forest after using the dowsing machine to find some items, had my super repel on, and all of a sudden I got into an encounter. I could have sworn my repel wasn't done yet, and lo and behold here's Raikou. I knew I wouldn't be able to catch it just yet since my team was not good enough to even do a little damage so I threw the only ball I had in my bag at him for a little laugh. WTFBBQROFLCOPTER the ball caught the thing. o_o
    I saved my game like ten times after that happened. I was not about to get rid of that sucker.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Am I the only one who thinks that my Level 75 Charizard shouldn't be intimidated by a Level 23 Ekans?

Well...At least a lvl 5 shinx didn't intimidate your lvl 85 arceus ...Seriously..A poke God intimidated by a lion cub ??..

Years
    This morning I went to the viridian forest and try to catch me a pikachu. I let it run away all the sudden. I was sure hope to find a male pikachu next round. Instead I found a bunch of bugs.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    This morning I went to the viridian forest and try to catch me a pikachu. I let it run away all the sudden. I was sure hope to find a male pikachu next round. Instead I found a bunch of bugs.

[AGELIMIT]That's not WTF, that's just luck.[/AGELIMIT]

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Safari Zone, checking it out after playing around with it. First Pokemon I run into is Lunatone, and my instinct is to catch it (I've never had a Lunatone before). I throw mud at it. Throw a ball. One shake. I throw some more mud, and it stays. A second ball, it goes three shakes and breaks free three times. "STOP TORTURING ME WITH YOUR RED EYES!" Finally it stays in the ball... and I also catch Rhydon in a different part. After hours of Rhydons resisting capture, I come across one which took two mud balls, and one ball. I'm wondering, "Did this thing just give up on me?!"

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    my biggest WTF moment would have to be in my Emerald version...

I was Repel spamming the ash pits near Fallabor, when I got into a battle! it was a big enough WTF, because my pokemon were High levels, but the next thing I see is a Shiny Skarmory!

my WTF is my current SS spiker when I play against the Elite four. It still provokes questions by other members i (used to) Wi-Fi battle with
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if you want my HG/SS WTF - it's in the route just before the moomoo farm...

I had bypassed a trainer near the beggining, (the sailor next to the grass) so I went to battle him, but as I ran up next to him (in the grass) a Wild Entei appeared! I managed to Mean look it, but by the time I caught it it took down half my team (I just parylised it, false swiped it, and ball spammed)

I lost to the sailor

Last edited:
    Years
    Today on platinum I encountered giratina. Right away I threw a pokeball at it. It shakes once. Twice. And I catch it. Giratina has a catch rate of 3 (?). It didn't have very good IVs or a beneficial nature, though, so I SR.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    I don't know why, but the Battle Frontier is a source of many, MANY of my WTF moments.

Today for instance, brought down on Tower by a Chansey who must have had about 1000 HP and exhausted ALL the PP of two of my team. Oh, and it magically used Aqua Ring via Metronome and it's Refresh meant I couldn't do any kind of status condition to it long....From now on, I'm keeping a ghost type with Curse for @#$%^& guys like that.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Just happened to me, The Ball Spin Glitch!
    I battled the trainer above Goldenrod City and then my Poké Ball ran around for infinitive days and years.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
    Just had another WTF moment. So I have my Charizard in the Pokewalker and I named him Troy so this is what it said after I returned from a stroll:
    Walked 2113 steps!
    Troy is so very happy, it's
    frolicking around! It seems like it will jump on your back. o_O

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Pokemon emerald. Battle frontier. I save, I turn off. I turn on 2 days later. My blaziken is level 97, not level 93. I think: How did that happen? I go to the Seviper building, and talkt to the person at the counter. I try to register blaziken, and he says: Sorry, but LEGENDARIES are not allowed. Thank you for he compliment, person.

The Fire Hazard

Littly Baby Tododile
    Years
    Just today, I was training some lower level Pokemon and also trying to hatch some eggs in the tall grass south of Goldenrod. At one point I go back to the Pokecenter to heal, and when I come back, the first tall grass is a battle. I notice the music is different. So who am I battling?

A level 40 Raiku. Of course, the only Pokemon I have are a level 16 Butterfree and a level 15 Togepi. I was so angry...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    While fighting Morty in SS, I sent out a (very, very, VERY) underleveled Togepi (That knew... *Thinks* Metronome, Sweet Kiss... Umm... Some sleep inducer, and some stat booster)to distract Gengar while I healed my main tank.

Fifteen minutes later (Didn't I say this thing was underleveled? And I had a bunch of those sleep-moves, not to mention I had _really_ bad luck with Metronome), after a Strugglefest on both sides, Togepi fainted, leaving Gengar near dead.

My main tank comes back in, finishes it off, and goes on to destroy the weaker members of Morty's party.

All I could do was laugh and say "WTF".

@Fire Hazard: Entei did that to me. Several times. In both Silver and SoulSilver. Rage.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    I was in a tag team battle, I did not know his team until the beginning, during and end. And the fight was short...Because his team was full of Magikarps...like...WTF.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Pokemon emerald. Battle frontier. I save, I turn off. I turn on 2 days later. My blaziken is level 97, not level 93. I think: How did that happen? I go to the Seviper building, and talkt to the person at the counter. I try to register blaziken, and he says: Sorry, but LEGENDARIES are not allowed. Thank you for he compliment, person.
    Emerald? Thought this was HG SS :)
    Anyway, while doing a challenge with my Kirlia and battling Whitney, my Kirlia's Trace traced her Clefairy's Cute Charm. Kirlia used b headbutt. Kirlia became infuated! Clefairy used something(can't remember)! Clefairy became infuated! For five turns, they both were immobilized! They were a couple!

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    I have HG and i went to go get my self a Suicune, very little health and sleeping whenever gengar didn't miss and i used 70 odd Ultra Balls on it, ran out, so i restarted. decided to try and catch Lugia for some stupid reason, red health but not asleep, caught it on my 2nd Ultra Ball WTF also still don't have Suicune :(

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I beat Red quite a while ago. Just a few weeks ago I rematch him, probably with Higher levels than before, and I tried and failed like 3 times. WTF!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back