• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    My first time through the Elite four, only took some ethers and a couple of super potions, only used my Typhlosion and Arcanine....I was all like shibby! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I went in to the Elite Four with a full set of six. I wasn't planning to do very well (all my pokemon were under level forty five) and so was going to start training by just fighting until failure, this was my first round.
    I went in, with Red Gyarados as a lead, as I was training him at the time. I used a dragon dance, and took out all Will's pokemon with Ice Fang/Crunch. That was fun.
    Next was Koga. Two Dragon Dances against a crappy ariados, got rid of my poison, then swept with a mixture of aqua tail and ice fang. Somewhat surprised at this point.
    I went up to Bruno. Dragon danced 4 times (hitmontop kept using counter), swept with Aqua Tail. It started to occur to me that I was sorta kicking ass. I'd still only used ONE POKEMON.
    Karen. Dragon dance twice, 2HKO espeon with aqua tail, Ice fang and aqua tail took care of the rest.
    HOLY **** I MADE IT TO LANCE ON ONE POKEMON. Who uses dragon types, and I have ice fang. I figured I'd switch it up, I started with Feraligatr. he got owned. Sent in Ho-Oh. Also owned. Gave up, switched back to Gyarados. After a Max elixir, two dragon dances, and a hyper potion, swept with Ice Fang.

What was his level? 43 or 42 at the start, 45 at the end.
    YES A LEVEL 45 POKEMON SWEPT THE ELITE FOUR.

Uruss

Bill The Butcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Training Tyrogue against pathetic Level 2 Rattata...

Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Tyrogue used Tackle! Tyrogue missed!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tail Whip!
    Rattata used Tackle! Critical Hit! Tyrogue fainted.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

lolol, that's always fun when something like this happens

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I went in to the Elite Four with a full set of six. I wasn't planning to do very well (all my pokemon were under level forty five) and so was going to start training by just fighting until failure, this was my first round.
    I went in, with Red Gyarados as a lead, as I was training him at the time. I used a dragon dance, and took out all Will's pokemon with Ice Fang/Crunch. That was fun.

Yr gyarados knows Crunch ???...Or do U mean bite ??

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • When my 9-year-old cousin caught a Palkia after my teasing him about not having a Master Ball, and how he'd never catch it unless he had like 4895749856 Ultra balls..
    His first thrown dusk ball.
    In the middle of the day.
    With no HP lowered.

Cheeky little bastard.

Edit: Oh. Shhhh--.. I just realized this topic was in the HGSS section. Oh well. -Makes distracting hand gestures?-

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Seeing a shiny. In safari zone. It was a Chansey. It ran away after I got 3 out of the 4 random numbers correct, i.e. the ball moved three times.

If it was holding a Lucky Egg, then [beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...]

Black Twilight

A person.
    Years
  • Not exactly a WTF moment, but still.

I got a call (yesterday) in my SoulSilver.
    I look to see who it is.
    "Wait...Professor Oak randomly called me?"
    So I answer, thinking it would be something incredibly awesome.
    This is the entirety of what he said (as best as I can remember):
    "Hello Meta."
    "Are you doing well on your Pokedex?"
    "CLICK! *beep* *beep* *beep*"

...HE RANDOMLY CALLED ME AND JUST SAID TWO LINES OF DIALOG. WHAT.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • Rematch against Lance. I struggle to defeat all of his pokemon because mine were like only lvl 60 and then he uses Altaria who uses perish song and kills itself.

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
  • I'm battleing Red with the lv 100's I traded over from my Diamond game. I get detracted by the Tv, while stil periodiclally pressing the A button. when i look down again, the credits are rolling. :)

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Probably when I beat Chuck's(is that it?) level 31 Poliwrath. With a Slowpoke. At level 15.
    I was like =O
    =D
    Slowpoke (Nibbles) is still one of my favorite Pokemon.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
    Years
  • Got to Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, had a level 7 Slowpoke for Flash.

Mewtwo used Amnesia!
    Slowpoke used Yawn!
    Mewtwo used Guard Swap!
    Mewtwo fell asleep!
    Slowpoke used tackle!

Repeat until Mewtwo is caught.

I was amused.

Years
  • Was fighting Jasmine for the 6th badge and it eventually came down to her lv.35 steelix and my lv.29 Golbat, I somehow spamming air cutter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Okay so after trying over and over to catch kyogre by getting it down onto really low health and paralizing it. i tried again after it killed itself with struggle and straight away threw an ultraball at it and caught it. WTF?!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Erika's gym. Seriously? It was the worst gym to get through in the entire game imo.

I saved in front of her, beat her, and got out of the gym after about 5 more minutes.

I went down the cycling road, entered janine's gym, started to battle her, and..

-my ROM FROZE. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL! why did I not save? -.- I had to exit Erika's effing gym again. Ugggggh.

seriously I want to punch whoever designed that gym. <_<

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Recent WTF: Losing the pokeathlon skill challenge because somebody else's pokemon lost every match so they gained a huge bonus.

Geeeeez WTF!!

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Two of 'em for me.
    Morty used curse and KOed his own Haunter.
    Then Lugia didn't OHKO my Lv. 23 Electrode with Extrasensory.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • I have another WTF moment. :D

When I was close to finishing Karens Gengar, (her Gengar had really low HP lol and I had only 1 pokemon) She used Destiny Bond and I finished her Gengar. WTF!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back