• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
  • Heres one from the deepest crevices of my mind:

Game: You caught kyogre!
    Would you like to nam-

Me: What... hey the controls are unresponsive... Dammit! The game froze! It took me several hours to catch that bad excuse for a whale! * turns off *

Game: Save game data was corrupted.

Me: WTF! My game was erased!

WTF.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Okay, well I had a competent win streak in the Battle Tower of 11, and on the 12th match, there's this Riolu. I send out my Nasty Plotting Porygon-Z, and spend the first turn setting up. Then, WHAM! Brick Break! Porygon-Z has the red HP bar and an annoying bleepy noise.

Then, just to top it off,

RIOLU used Bullet Punch!
    PORYGON-Z fainted.

My sweeper, who's been in every one of my Gen 4 games, got KO'd by a Riolu.

Damn.

So, I send in Godzilla, my Quagsire, and kill this noobish CPU with Surf.

Also, this happened about five minutes ago.

Years
  • My true wtf moment happened recently: my Aquanette had a gender change. I originally had a female azurill, and named her the very feminine name of Aquanette. Then she evolved into a marill, and I noticed her symbol turned into the blue male sign. WTF?!

I thought it was a glitch, but I read somewhere that because azurill have a female to male ratio of 75:25, and marill are 50:50, it somehow turned into a dude. So I had its name changed at Goldenrod to Aquadude. That was very strange.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • I always have WTF moments. :D

In a battle with my friend,
    My Lv 100 Arceus vs LV 1 Rattata.

Ratatta uses Judgment!!!

WTF HAX

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Shedinja in every BF battle...seriously,the most idiotic Pokemon in history....

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • My WTF:
    I felt so jealous when I heard that my friend caught Dialga and Palkia in Platinum with ONLY ONE ULTRABALL. Well, same happened to me with Ho-oh and Lugia. Why? Every time I tried to catch them, they would either break out every time, K.O. my team, or I K.O. them every other time, and I was forced to use a Masterball out of frustration.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Found a shiny Kakuna 2 hours within SoulSilver whilst training my Pokemon and hit it with pound to lower it's health down a little, it was a critical and killed it...

PKMN Trainer Silver

PKMN Master
    Years
  • So I'm surfing from Mahogany to Ecruteak, right? All's good.

THEN RAIKOU APPEARS ON THE WATER.

biggest wtf I've ever had in a game. I can understand Suicune, but Raikou, yeah whoa.
    I had the same thing happen with Entei...very awkward.

My biggest WTF moment was when Lance fainted my entire team with his Gyrados until than my Steelix...and then I won. Not his Gyrados, Charizard, Areodeactyl or any of his 3 Dragonites fainted Steelix (I only used 2-3 Hyper Potions surprising)

Years
  • This happened in HeartGold:

In the patch of grass at the end of the bike path, I ran into Latias! I didn't expect to run into it so soon, a few minutes after I talked with the Hoenn champion in Vermillion City.

There is a Ninja trainer in the Battle Castle that says, "You, transgressor! Hold still, I say!" Then he shows up again in the Battle Arcade.

Also in the Battle Arcade, this rich lady trainer says, "If I were Honey, you'd be Gooey Mulch, I think." I can't believe she would say that.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Well, on the previous page, I posted about narrowly defeating Bruno.
    After that, I managed to defeat Karen and went on to battle Lance.
    My team was around level 62 at the time.

I wasn't expecting the level 72 Salamence! o.o WTF?!?!
    It took me so long to defeat that, I knew I couldn't win. Ampharos managed the Gyarados and then his Garchomp destroyed me.

That was the first loss I've sustained in this game. TTATT

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • This wasn't really a WTF Moment...it was a bit more of an "F U" moment:
    In the Goldenrod Radio Tower, your Rival says that disguising yourself is the typical idea of the meek. Well, HOW CAN I EVEN PROGRESS IN THE GAME IF I DON'T?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Grinding and grinding and GRRRRIIIINNDING my Totodile on my DS and i hadnt saved and i was against Bugsy or something.
    And Then -

RANDOM BLACKOUT.
    * Back On * * Opening Screen With Oak * Then This Happened Once I Saw That...:
    The "WTF" Moment Thread

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Oh yeah my biggest wtf moment when i was using machamp against Karens honchcrow and it used fly, outspeeding me and i thought well bye bye machamp
    but machamp continued on to use ice punch on thin air and killed the honchcrow
    this is when i figured out even though the pokemon isn't on the screen (dig dive fly etc) no guard still works

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    NoGuard can hit through a protect... HAX!

That happened to me once.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Okay, so I encountered a Mantine while training my Crobat, so I thought, "Cool, I might as well try to catch this rare Pokemon." I didn't want to use a Flying move since I had a Shark Beak and Crobat was about 13 levels higher than Mantine. So I used Bite, and got it in the yellow. Then I confused it, but even by hurting itself once it was still in the yellow. I tried to catch it with a few of my little amount of Great balls and failed. It snapped out, so I confused it again. This time it didn't hurt itself, so since I didn't want to attack it and I didn't want to waste any Great Balls, I used Confuse Ray which of course failed since it was confused. But then it snapped out again, so I confused it again. This repeated until I was all out of Confuse Rays. By then Crobat was in the red, and could've been defeated by a Bubblebeam, and I had 1 Great Ball left. I took a chance since I could just SR, and threw it, this time successfully catching it! I may add it to my monotype flying team. (By the way, thanks if you took the time to read this wall of text.)

Finding a Shiny Pidgey in the beginning of my game and not being able to catch it -.-

wtf.
    This happened to me too, except it was a Sentret. I hate it when that happens.

Morty had his Haunter use Curse.

It was his last Pokemon.

It had less than 50% Hp.
    Eusine did the exact same thing. I mean I expect wild Pokemon to do that, but it's just sad when a trainer does it.

Last edited:

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
  • My second WTF moment was when I had been hearing how hard it is to catch Lugia and then i go get it down to read expecting it to break free and then i use a dusk ball and captured it on my first try.

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Not really a WTF moment but this is pretty hilarious.
    Route 32 fisherman says this when you don't accept his offer for his phone number:

Oh...My own kids won't eve give me their phone numbers...I guess that's just how young people are these days.
    Epic LOLZ!

Second moment:
    Pigeotto: Quick Attack
    Mareep faints.
    Pigeotto is paralyzed, it may not be able to attack! WTF!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back