• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Fighting the E4 yesterday.
    I was down to my last pokemon (toegkiss lvl42) with no revives potions etc.
    I was fighting Lances last Pokemon (dragonite i think) and hes just used a full restore.
    my togekiss has one hp left.
    no chance, i thought.
    anyway i used metronome for no reason (dragonite was faster anyway)
    Quick claw activates.
    Guillotine.
    One shot.
    Dragonite has gone.
    =D posibbly the most epic thing to ever happen to me :)

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • Me and my buddy were playing in class and he wanted to get to the E4 as soon as possible so he decided he would KO Lugia and come back to it later.

He starts the battle and turns to me and says "Somethings wrong with the Lugia"

IT WAS SHINY!

so he didnt kill it he caught it.

...and i currently have this lugia on my HG

:O You can KO Lugia and come back to it later? I did not know that.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Fighting the E4 yesterday.
    I was down to my last pokemon (toegkiss lvl42) with no revives potions etc.
    I was fighting Lances last Pokemon (dragonite i think) and hes just used a full restore.
    my togekiss has one hp left.
    no chance, i thought.
    anyway i used metronome for no reason (dragonite was faster anyway)
    Quick claw activates.
    Guillotine.
    One shot.
    Dragonite has gone.
    =D posibbly the most epic thing to ever happen to me :)
    lololololololol

That's so lucky!

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • My hell; or WTF moment; was Ho-Oh.

Thirty ULTRA balls, and like 50 Pokéballs, paralyzed, a sliver of HP left; and I didn't catch it! I gave up after that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    Lol, earlier today I was fighting a trainer who had a Level 29 Nidoking, I was like "wtf everyone else here has level 40's? oh well, Heracross kills it..." then he sends out a level 65 Magikarp. I just thought "WTF A LV 65 MAGIKARP?!?! AND HE HAD A LV 29 NIDOKING???" But it was kinda funny that he would train Magikarp more than his other Pokemon x]

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I was fighting Whitney, and her Clefairy used Metronome. "Cool, Metronome is always funny" I thought. The Clefairy used Judgement, and I lolled. The next turn, it used Metronome again, and guess what move it became? Judgement. Effin' Judgement two times in a row. I laughed so hard =D

Oh and @Le Creep!, that's just normal. For me at least. =D
    Ultra Balls are no good at any legendaries, I always have to wait 'til night and use Dusk Balls. And it has to be at 1 hp and asleep, so it might get caught after 30-40 Dusks.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was fighting Whitney, and her Clefairy used Metronome. "Cool, Metronome is always funny" I thought. The Clefairy used Judgement, and I lolled. The next turn, it used Metronome again, and guess what move it became? Judgement. Effin' Judgement two times in a row. I laughed so hard =D
    I had a similar problem. No matter which Pokemon I sent out, her Clefairy used Metronome and got a move that was Super Effective against that particular Pokemon... I laughed so much.

They didn't do much damage though, so I just waited it out until I used several X Specials on my Victreebel. Solar Beam beat the gym in to uses.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    dont u just love when this happens, i used 47 ultra balls on my a articuno, not captured, then of corse three pokeballs do the job and capture him. WTF

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
  • I had a pretty big wtf moment about two months ago.

I was replaying quickly through sapphire just so I could catch a few pokemon for my pokedex in HGSS, and slowly putting them all through pal park.

So anyway, I'm running around pal park and run into the torkoal that I'd caught earlier and ...*shimmer* I actually yelped in surprise.
    It was shiny!
    It was shiny and I didn't realize when I had caught it in sapphire!
    And I had so nearly ran from it when I fought it too...
    That was a VERY pleasant surprise, to think that I could've missed it haha.

This is why you should always pay attention to wild pokemon battles :'D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Lyra's Marill evolved. 7 times. Plus when I go check on it it's a MARILL!!!!

same here, I can't believe I actually cared to go see it!

My wtf moment was when I beat a Kimono's Espeon that was spamming Psychic in 1 hit with a Poliwrath.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    ok, i have cheats on my games (not hg, plat or diamond though) but i never use them. now my friend comes over and is facinated by egg cheats. so on my pearl, he turned the instant egg in daycare cheat and presses x. he thought there were pokemon in the daycare. FAIL. there werent. so he gets the egg hatches it and its a white square that has bulbasaur cry. then he said wtf and i said go relese it. so he goes to the pc and trys to replace it with another pokemon. it looks like a question mark now. he puts my gabite in my team to switch it out and....gabite goes through the question mark and turns red. then my friend went out and saved. in the end i had to delete my pearl cuz the question mark stuffed my pearl. NOT LOL!

Years
  • I wanted to trade my Crobat from my Platinum game to HeartGold game, so in Platinum, I offered it in global trade station for gyarados I had in HeartGold. As soon as I offered it, I turned off Platinum, and entered HeartGold. I was already in GTS, and I went to find Crobat. I found fast, and clicked to trade, but it said: This pokemon has already been traded. And I lost my precious Crobat!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I wanted to trade my Crobat from my Platinum game to HeartGold game, so in Platinum, I offered it in global trade station for gyarados I had in HeartGold. As soon as I offered it, I turned off Platinum, and entered HeartGold. I was already in GTS, and I went to find Crobat. I found fast, and clicked to trade, but it said: This pokemon has already been traded. And I lost my precious Crobat!
    Damn, that really blows.

So, I was offering a Machoke in the GTS for something similar, a haunter probably.
    While I was there, I decided to check for some minor trades. I found a Togepi on trade for a really common Pokemon and got it.
    After this, I decided not to trade my Machoke, I could trade and re-trade to get a Machamp later with a friend of mine. I take it out, and to my surprise it evolves!
    I check online to see if this was common, and found out that it's some sort of glitch that works in all Gen IV games!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was fighting Mewtwo. I was not maying attention and i accidently used a Moon Ball on him at full health. I hadn't thrown a pokeball before I threw Mewtwo. And I said to myself **** there goes a wasted Moon Ball....Then it was caught.... I said what the **** that was lame...

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    So, I finally got 4 stars on my trainer card after I unlocked the friendship room. Anyways, my WTF momemt is when I talked to Nurse Joy in the pokemon center in Ecruteak City and she spazed out because I had a silver trainer card. I did NOT expect that!

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
  • I was training my Giratina at Cerulean Cave, and I came across a wild Electrode. I decided to fight it to weaken it to catch it and tried to use Dragon Claw. Unforuanately, the Electrode went first and used SelfDestruct. So the game shows the whole exploding sequence and I was like, "...Crap D,:..." But then it said, " It doesn't affect Hades".

After that I was like, "WTFLOL, Suicide Bomber Fail xD."

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Here's a big wtf moment, I was tryin' to catch Latios, and so I gave my gengar (which was relatively low level, a choice scarf so that it could go first and mean look it. I then switched out to some other pokemon, it got KOed, I switched back into gengar so it could use shadow ball, and Latios fled. WTF, I USED MEAN LOOK, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I was battling dahlia 1st try and lost because her mdicham kept flinching my pokemon afterwards i try again and once i reached my 20th batle i lost!One more and i could have challenged her! WTF!! I screamed out loud and i took a break from playing my Heart Gold for a while.
    EDIT: Second try i beat her with my non trained moltres only and then later on i find a salamence and it completely pwns my team which strongly reminded me of the fact that i need mor ice pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I discovered that all my work, for the past three years has been flushed down the drain :O Cause my sister decided to delete my save game on Soul Silver! WTF!! D:

adamskillz

Trainer to the STARS!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Here's a big wtf moment, I was tryin' to catch Latios, and so I gave my gengar (which was relatively low level, a choice scarf so that it could go first and mean look it. I then switched out to some other pokemon, it got KOed, I switched back into gengar so it could use shadow ball, and Latios fled. WTF, I USED MEAN LOOK, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

If you use Mean Look with a pokemon and then switch that pokemon out, mean look is no longer in effect.

My WTF moment was when I EV trained my Metagross to Lvl 100, i was convinced it had perfect IV's and when i got to level 100 its attack was 403... max was 405. i was disappointed :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back