• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
  • The point is, even a critical shouldnt do over 10x the damge of a regular hit... at 202 HP i didnt feel the need to be defensive anymore :(

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Critical hits ignore buffs like cosmic power.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    I was trying to catch Lugia, and i wasn't really paying attention, and i caught it, but when i looked at the screen i saw the empty cavern, and, thinking i had killed it by accident, restarted. I then realized he wasn't poisoned/burnt/whirlpooled/fire spinned. WTF!?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    in the soul silver of my cousin, i catched lugia with just one ultra ball without attacking it xD

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
    Years
  • I was trying to catch lugia in heartgold. Until my last ultra ball, it always broke free. Before the last ultra ball, I was thinking that I was gonna catch it. So what happened? I've caught it in that Ultra ball.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
  • I was trying to catch Ho-oh in a pokeball in my SoulSilver, and I had 60 of them. After three full battles of either running out of balls or it killing itself with struggle I finally caught it on my fourth try with my second ball. WTF.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Gyarados can follow you indoors and it's 21' 04".

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre can't whilst every single one of them is significantly shorter. Seriously, WTF?

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • I was trying to catch Lugia for like the tenth time... I had only Meganium left with 20 hp... Lugia's only move was Extrasensory, and with 100% accuracy, I knew I couldnt survive for another turn... So, I was like "Get in ze ball!" and threw a Dusk Ball at it while doing a mad face... And what do you know, I caught it xD

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • My wtf moment in heartgold was when my level 8 Caterpie KO'd a sleeping low-health Entei. I was not expecting a critical hit from caterpie, like really wtf? I didn't save for the past 10 Pokémon I caught, and I didn't save after the badge I obtained. Sigh...

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    My WTF in SS was when i met the person with the slowpoke tails. I was reading a walkthrough to that point, and when i read that you needed 100,000 cash to buy it i thought i really needed it. so i went back and tried looking for a place with trainer battles. I figured it was probably a secret thing i didnt know, so i just tried walking past him without paying. To my surprise, when i talked to him he just said (Tch, i thought kids were loaded these days) ..................

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Wow, This happened to me once and I thought, Rom Glitching, But no it happened 3 times in a row!
    Is it possible for Double Slap to hit 5 times! its called double slap! so after its used, shouldnt i see ''it hit 2 Time(s)'' Not 5! lOL :p

iKokoro

Yada Yada
    Years
  • Biggest WTF moment, I was single battling this guy and it was my Honchkrow vs his Dragonite. He knew he could OHKO my Honchkrow so he spammed Dragon Dance to prepare for the rest of my pokemon. I kept using Drill Peck until he was at 1/3 HP then when he was about to take me out, Quick Claw on my Honchkrow kicked in and Drill Peck Critcal'd, KOing him.

Me: ...
    Him: ...

Both of Us: WTF?!!! LUCKY!!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I was training my Riolu the other day on route 34 and I ran into Entei, I figured that was fine but I couldn't catch him so I ran... it failed, then he ran.

I continue my training and move on to tougher pokemon... I was only just above Goldenrod when BOOM, another Entei encounter, I was like "SRS?!"

I got done training and was headed towards Mahogany after walking through the park and GUESS WHO DECIDED TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

It was Entei, ready to run from me laughing again...

Since then I've yet to run into him, even when I'm trying...

elroid

Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    I was playing battle tower and met a really not gentle gentleman, Joachim. Faced his articuno 7 times and his sheer cold never misses. I gave up on challenging battle tower because of this

Betwixt

[ The Unknown Enigma ]
    Years
  • When I was playing Heart Gold a couple months back I was excited because I was close to having every badge in the game. I finally came up to Blue and he wasn't that hard at first, but then he sends out that basturd Machamp out on me. This thing was a beast and it completely obliterated my team. My team was Typhlosion, Fearow, Jumpluff, Stantler, Politoed, and Umbreon btw. I did beat him, but on a lucky critical hit.

It's scary to think how how Red will be.......

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I was trying to get a Murkrow to trade over to the Platinum I will be buying soon.
    It took me forever to catch a Murkrow. It took me long enough just to find them, I found like 15 of 'em each with several Pokemon in between this. Almost every ball I threw at it got to 2 or 3 bumps and then it escaped. I actually got so desperate I tried the Select+"Gotcha" trick. Ironically, that was the time it finally got caught.

ILoveCally

Finally starting Masuda Method
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    When, Whitney's Miltank used attract on My Crocanaw, it was a girl, and it worked........ I was like whoa, lesbian pokemon.

Biggest WTF moment, I was single battling this guy and it was my Honchkrow vs his Dragonite. He knew he could OHKO my Honchkrow so he spammed Dragon Dance to prepare for the rest of my pokemon. I kept using Drill Peck until he was at 1/3 HP then when he was about to take me out, Quick Claw on my Honchkrow kicked in and Drill Peck Critcal'd, KOing him.

Me: ...
    Him: ...

Both of Us: WTF?!!! LUCKY!!

L.O.L that is so amazing. I wanna do that now.

Last edited:

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • My moment is when I was training my nidorino to lv 43 and a weepingbell shows up and uses stun spore i run and look in my bag and guess what a paralyz heals there i did'nt even know i had one

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back