• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
Years
  • My WTF moment would've been when I battled Groudon and caught him with a Pokeball on the first throw. it's not really a wtf moment more like a good wtf :P

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • My WTF moment would've been when I battled Groudon and caught him with a Pokeball on the first throw. it's not really a wtf moment more like a good wtf :P

The same thing happened to me! I've caught almost all the legendaries in SoulSilver with just one or two pokeballs O.o I must have bought a batch of magical ones.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    the most recent wtf must be when i caught an articuno whit only 2 ultraballs....
    and also sometimes super effective attacks is not super efective O.o

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Some WTFs:

I can understand finding objects on dry land, but in the ocean? My Meowth and Munchlax who both have Pickup keep finding things when I'm Surfing and not doing any battling. Most notably, my Meowth keeps finding... Escape Rope. Escape Rope? In the middle of the ocean? Okay, fine; Meowth is a cat and cats hate water. Point taken. Maybe he just wants to get outta there.

Related to that, when I was training the same Meowth, a Graveler blew up in his face which made him faint. After I took him to the PokeCenter, I found out he had picked up something during the encounter. What was it? A REVIVE.

Munchlax evolves through happiness. I forgot about that only to remember too late when I begin my training for the Muncher after a period of time of simply having him follow me around in the game. He faints a Wooper - his very first Pokemon! - and I put down my DS to answer a question my friend sends me through IM... only to hear the evolution music being played. I think to myself, "That's bizarre; what's going on?!" and look over... and see that my LEVEL 6 Munchlax is now a LEVEL 6 SNORLAX! WTF?! He hadn't even learned anything yet!

Pokerus is apparently way more common for me than Shinies. I have caught Pokemon with PKRS in my Pokewalker and I have caught Pokemon with PKRS in my game and have even caught PKRSed LUGIAs for nearly a whole hour when I was SRing for good IVs and a positive nature... But NO Shinies. Not even one. WTF. What's wrong with my game?!

Currently, ^ that WTF right there is boggling me the most. I EV train my teams and would think that by now, I should have encountered at least ONE shiny Pokemon in the wild, but... no. Instead I encounter... PKRSed Lugias.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years
  • One time i was battling munchlax in the battle tower and it used metronome...it ended up using Shadow Force

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I'm training my Muncher and it still has Metronome since it's a Pokewalker Munch and... it uses Ho-oh's Sacred Fire. ... Against a Quagsire.

Phantoon14

Actions Define Users
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    My biggest WTF moment was in the Battle Factory of Pokemon Heart Gold, went up against a Walrein that was faster/tankier then any of my Pokemon at the time.. it used Sheer Cold, Fissure then Sheer Cold again. :|

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I was doing the Masuda Method, looked up at the Typhlosions who were in the day-care, talked to my MAGMORTAR with flame body, when it said:

"Da Powar is concerned about the other side of the fench, it seems."

LOL

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    I was stuck in Cerulean Cave with only 20 Ultra Balls, trying to catch Mewtwo... and failing multiple times in a row. I took lots of breaks, where I constantly used my Pokewalker to get a bunch of Dusk Balls. I ended up with about 30, and caught Mewtwo. Lol.

Baibanira

★ Impromptu Trainer ★
    Years
  • My WTF moment came when catching Mewtwo on HeartGold: it's run through my entire team designed for catching (and it's moveset isn't even that good!) I guess I should have trained them more, but then I get down to my HM slave, so I'm like "oh whatever!" and throw a pokeball randomly.

1 shake...
    2 shake...

I CAUGHT IT!

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • My only WTF moment so far with SoulSilver... I was walking around the map the other day, trying to track down the dogs. Every time I reached the route they were on, I missed them. I eventually gave up. Last night, while I was playing I wasn't even trying to find either of them. I happened to step into one patch of grass and... Entei.

... Really? :|

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • With the legendary trio, I once caught Entei with a Quick Ball. It had full health.
    Also, I recently received the WiFi event Shiny Suicune a few minutes ago. All you need is a proper WiFi connection a copy of Platinum, HG or SS, and Mystery Gift enabled. I REALLY did not think it would be so easy. O.O

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • My only WTF moment so far with SoulSilver... I was walking around the map the other day, trying to track down the dogs. Every time I reached the route they were on, I missed them. I eventually gave up. Last night, while I was playing I wasn't even trying to find either of them. I happened to step into one patch of grass and... Entei.

... Really? :|

This happens to me all the time! I'll spend hours trying to track down entei or raikou and it'll be a few days later, I dont even care at the moment about catching them (or don't have the right pokemon, pokeballs etc.) and they pop up. I get your same reaction: really?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    wtf moment...

this isnt exactly in ss but it was in my original silver, i was battling a trainer with a quilfish n i had only my weak metapod with one move (guess) left...

needless to say we were stuck in a battle of

quilfish used minimize
    metapod used harden
    quilfish used minimize
    -.-

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    In the days of G/S, I was fishing and found a Shiny Shellder. I lowered it's health and went to throw a Pokeball, only to receive the message: "The box you have chosen is full." or something like that.

WTF, such a weird feature it had back then.

Multigen

The Splicer
    Years
  • The first time I challenged the e4 in HG, I didn't really expect to win. I was just doing it for the exp, and to "Scope out" the teams. To my surprise, I made it to lance with my team of lower 40s, upper 30s. At this point, I was thinking "Whoah, theres no way I can beat him... right???" I had like two full restores and 3 revives. Anyway, it was down to my horrendously underleveled feraligatr and gengar vs. his last poke, altaria. So altaria reeled back for the winning attack and used.... perish song. ^_^ I switched to my Gengar and it killed Altaria. YAAY MEEE

Last edited:

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
  • Tonight - I was battling the elite 4 in gold with an exp share on my shiny umbreon (she's called 'Nyx' - faint attack, toxic, moonlight, confuse ray is the planned build) on the last battle against lance's dragonite I threw her out to buy a turn to revive my empoleon w/icebeam - she survived the fire blast despite beign lvl 38 (to its level 72..) She's high EV/IV-ed from selective and all that but I didn't expect her to survive... add to that moonlight and *eventually* the dragonite ran out of moves except safeguard (pp25!) so she was chipping away with faint attack (my whole team were healed by now) but I kept going until it was down to it's struggle attack and fainted.. so essentially my lvl 38 umbreon single handedly took down a lvl 72 dragonite.. I was well impressed!

PS if anyone has any levelling tips for a party for gold could they let me know via PM?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back