• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There goes my stomach again... but I can't eat!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • As a Muslim, I am supposed to fast for a whole month. Fasting is when people (in Islam) don't eat from sunrise till sunset. I can fast the whole month, but I die from hunger. xD

So my question to you is: Do you think you can fast for a day? a week? a month? even more?

reyzn

Years
  • I could probably fast for a week, if I had a reason to like religion. However, if I was merely doing it to see if I could last, I don't think so. ^^;
    I snack too much throughout the day!

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I could. I eat alot, but I could stop.
    But I don't think I should, I'm already classed as underweight on the BMI whateveritscalled.

That said, I don't gain weight from eating, ever. So if I fasted I would go even further underweight and I would end up being dangerously underweight, not so good.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have fasted for two months in a row before. Not because I am religious, but because I wanted to know what it was like.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I don't think I could make it through even a day. I guess it's from inherited genes, but I have a really fast metabolism (I think that's the term, could be wrong. It's something like that), so no matter how much I eat, I get hungry within the hour and it's impossible for me to gain weight. I may gain two pounds from dinner, but all that is gone in an hour. So, I'm already underweight as it is and I'm not even on a diet. It really sucks. I'd probably end up in a hospital after a week with no food.

Well, maybe it's not that dramatic (the metabolism thing and needing constant food is true, though). Who knows? Maybe if I tried it, my body will surprise me, but I don't think so.

Oh, and just wanted to say that I admire all of you that can fast like that, because I could never ever do that. : P

Edit: I mean, I'm almost finished with dinner as I'm typing this, and I still feel hungry. So, yeah. I need my food.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • A day is probably my limit. I have stomach problems that pretty much prevent me from eating when it starts acting up. Even with that, I still feel hungry and it's pretty hard resisting. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've fasted for a week before...more because I couldn't afford food than for a religious reason.

As a Catholic, the longest fast I've had for a religious reason was 30 hours, and that was relatively easy. :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I fasted for two weeks before (drinking a ridiculous amount of fruit juices) without any problems in the summer.

The first thing I demanded to eat was a spicy chicken fillet from Wendys XD

Years
  • If I'm properly focused or distracted I can go a long time without eating, but having no food all day tires me out. I'm pretty sure I could do it for a month, not that I have any reason to.

I wonder what Muslims who work nights do. Seems like it would be easier for them since they'd sleep during most of the time they're supposed to fast.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I really wish I could have the self control to fast, but unfortunately, if there's food, I'll most likely end up eating it.. :/ So basically, I'm not sure if I could or not, but I did end up fasting, my parents would probably think I'm becoming anorexic and make me eat ;P

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I could probably fast for a few days or maybe a week. But, in all honesty, I don't think I could fast for very long. If I had a reason to, I would. But, since I don't, I never have.

I fast with my electronics from time to time when I have important things to do, and it really sucks since I am addicted to my 360. >.<

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    If I ever fasted, I would probably suffer from extreme exhaustion since I work out pretty much every day.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I guess if i was muslim i couldnt make it on the football team with all that weight and muscle id lose from fasting that long haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    As per the Islamic fasting, eating only when the sun is not in the sky, I'm nocturnal so it goes without saying how that would go for me.

As per simply not eating at all, I'd have to be forced to, really. I lack any willpower or reason to do it.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I would do my best, I eat pretty much whenever I can as I love food. I really do give Muslims a lot of credit for their dedication to their religion and making that sacrifice that would take me a while to try and adjust to doing for even a week, none the less a whole month.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I fasted for two weeks when I turned 18, but that was mainly because I was horribly depressed. I have to eat quite a lot during the day. The only time I'm not hungry is when I'm depressed and I have a lot on my mind.

Food makes me happy.

Back