• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen There's something about Rotom...

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I read online that Rotom is not a legendary, but is regarded as one sometimes.
    I was wondering whether you classed it as one or not and why.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    The amount of is Rotom a legendary threads across the net is amazing. It isn't a legendary and was proved in some Q&A thing on Pokemon.com.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I classify it as a normal pokemon. As Red Rain said on pokemon.com it was proved not to be a legendary and therefore, I'll classify it as a normal pokemon as Nintendo does as well.

OddBrad

Battlefield
    Years
    I used to think it was legendary but was proven wrong :x Bad times. I guess it doesn't really matter a hell of a lot unless you're using him in some writing.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    It doesn't matter if the pokemon is legendary or not. The important ones is the Power of the Pokemon.

Utau

t s u n d e r e
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    I never thought of it as a legendary. However, I read this Pokemon handbook that classified it as one. x_o

PokemonFanatic2

Under the rainbow
    Years
    Legendary pokemon are called legendaries for a reason, because they have a legend behind it. A pokemon does not count as legendary unless it has a legend, like dialga and palkia and giritina have legends behind them, which is why they are one.

Rotom, on the other hand doesn't have a legend behind it, so it can't be legendary.

People need to pay attention to the word legendary, and actually think about if a pokemon has a legend behind it or not. People just say "Legendary pokemon" as if legendary means 'strong.'

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Legendary pokemon are called legendaries for a reason, because they have a legend behind it. A pokemon does not count as legendary unless it has a legend, like dialga and palkia and giritina have legends behind them, which is why they are one.

Rotom, on the other hand doesn't have a legend behind it, so it can't be legendary.

People need to pay attention to the word legendary, and actually think about if a pokemon has a legend behind it or not. People just say "Legendary pokemon" as if legendary means 'strong.'

I have to agree with you on this. At first I thought it was a legendary but not because of the reasons you listed. I thought it was a legendary because of how it was only catchable once and there was an interesting music theme to it and it sounded like legendary music. I don't blame the people who thought it was a legendary though. It was tricky to see if it was a legendary, or not.

I thought it was at first, but now I know that it officially isn't. Mainly, it was because of its battle music.

The battle music for it was pretty tricky. It even tricked me. It sounded like legendary music so I quickly assumed it was a legendary at first. Though when I researched things about it and the abilities and all, I found out some information that lead me to saying it isn't a legendary.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I count it as a rare event.

I believe people in the Pokémon world see it, but often. Just not all the time, unlike legendaries, where people usually never see them, unless they are lucky, like Ash and Co. :D

The Dragon Master Is Back

Go For It Gengar
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    I know I thought it was too because of how you just cant catch it in grass or caves or in water you have to do a certain thing to get it...
    Like click on the TV for instance

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I count it as a rare event.

I believe people in the Pokémon world see it, but often. Just not all the time, unlike legendaries, where people usually never see them, unless they are lucky, like Ash and Co. :D

I would call it as an event, but I don't for several reasons. If it was a rare and special event it'd most likely be available in Toys 'R Us or a Wifi Event. Not always is it so, but most of the time it is. Rotom is only catchable once, but I think it isn't as rare as the Rotom formes. I would call the Rotom formes a rare event because it's only obtainable through the Secret Key event.

Anyways, to me they all could be mistaken for a legendary and all, but as some of us know it isn't and I guess we're going to have to face that fact whether we like it or not. Although they could be mistaken for one, I wouldn't want Rotom and the Rotom formes to be legendaries. For one, with the Rotom formes there are just too much for them all to be called legendaries and with that being so, what makes Rotom even more special? Not saying I don't like the normal Rotom but I am just stating the facts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Honestly, I call it just a regular event Pokémon. It's usually not classified as a legendary

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Since it can breed 0_0 I think of it as a normal pokemon.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    People think it was a legendary pokemon mainly because, I think a legendary music is playing when you encounter one. Also, because you can only get one per game. the same goes for Phione, people think it isn't a legendary.

The Dragon Master Is Back

Go For It Gengar
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah I Guess So...
    But like I said before...
    You cant catch it like any other normal pokemon.
    Well I still am stuck in the middle.
    Its 50% Legendary and 50% Non Legendary
    Yeah and Phione has a legend behind it so it should be classified as a legendary pokemon.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yeah I Guess So...
    But like I said before...
    You cant catch it like any other normal pokemon.
    Well I still am stuck in the middle.
    Its 50% Legendary and 50% Non Legendary
    Yeah and Phione has a legend behind it so it should be classified as a legendary pokemon.
    Oh, and so is Spiritomb. You have to fish with the Odd Keystone (Plat), and talk to 32 people underground for you to encounter it in the Hallowed Tower.

cheese rox!

And in came cheese
    Years
    I thought it was ledgendary because of the movie, and the fact that there are only one. Then I asked some people, and found out that it isn't ledgendary.

Back