• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

things people say you are tired of hearing

Sir Codin

<insert country here> has this thing, so America should have it as well...

Oh, lawdy, do I f***ing hate this one. The only time I find myself agreeing with it is if it's the metric system and LGBT rights.

Last edited:

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • "You don't understand/Wouldn't understand/ You don't know what its like."
    Sure, I may not know your EXACT feelings but I've experienced things too, I've probably had something similar happen to me and I at least can comprehend your situation.

"It gets better"
    I've never had it 'get better', new crap just comes along and makes me worry less about the old stuff.

"You're so Immature/ Act your age"
    Just because I enjoy things like Pokemon or Anime doesn't mean i'm not mature when I need to be. Am I not allowed to have fun anymore just because of my age? Is it suddenly a law now that I can't laugh in public or fool around with my friends? If i'm not hurting anyone then there's nothing wrong with it.

Charcoal92

Banned
    Years
  • This. Along with "You look so big now!" So you expect me to stay the same height forever? Yeah no.

For me personally:

When I'm with my older brother: 'Are you guys twins?"

No we're not. I can see how we look similar , we are related and share some of the same traits/genes. But we're NOT exactly identical looking. I don't get how people don't notice the difference between us. The only thing I can see how people assume we're twin is that we're pretty much the same height. That's all though.y

"You're __? I thought you were 16/17 years old?"
    No I'm 21. This is why I grew out my goatee. It makes me look older. I still get this question though. Freaking youthful face. D:

When I tell people my mom died when I was 8:"You were so young. That must of been hard to deal with at your age. You're so brave."
    No not really I had my dad and most of my family there to support me. I made it through with their help.

When I tell people my mom died :""I know just how you feel. My ____________ passed away."
    Cause you know, it's not like death is a part of life or something. I get you're trying to relate to me and show sympathy, but that's something everyone deals with. Everyone knows someone in their life who died. Not just that, this saying is so cliche that it's tiresome.

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?"/"Do you have a crush on anyone?"
    My aunt is usually the one who says this, but also many other family members do too. I know I'm 21 and most people my age have had at least one relationship and some are even married, but I'm just not looking for anyone to date atm the moment. I'm not interested in anyone either so please stop asking after I told you the billionth time no. I don't mind being single.

I agree with all these. I'm fine being single, plus it's hockey season. When my mom died when I was 7 everyone would not drop it.. It got so annoying. My brother and be where mistaken as twins even to today. He is 15 months older.. Gah!

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
    Years
  • Hmmm, the immediate ones pop off the top of my head!

"Why don't you have a boyfriend? A girl your age should start looking for a long term boyfriend."
    Because no one in my area interests me. This is what happens when you live in rural by the book country and every girl around you is either just graduated/engaged/pregnant or seniors/planning families/settling down. Besides the guys around here don't like pokemon or TWD or any stuff I like so we'd really be doing nothing together...

You've changed a lot, what happened?
    oh would you like me to spill it all out for you? I'd rather have no friends and be who I am instead of making you happy while I do stuff I don't honestly care about and you think everything is perfect just like that. I'll be happy to be called whatever slander you throw at me, better than letting you drag me around and down.

you don't look your age
    blame genetics~

stop being a baby the needle/strep test will only hurt a second!
    No oh-so-kind nurse, I know you'll jam the needle in my arm to make me bleed or you'll stick the swab so far down my throat I'll be kicking you like I have every other dang doctor that doesn't get that my gag reflexes+asthma is a red flag to be slow and careful when swabbing the back of my throat! But yeah, when I was little it was worse because I would jumped and I would land a kick in the doctor's abdomen or crotch.

and the MOST annoying thing I hear actually comes from my mom. I love her to death but she says the same thing when someone gets something nice or she thinks they don't deserve it (usually she does this when she's pissed off.)

oh it must be nice...
    literally she's been doing it since I was little and it's my biggest pet peeve. I Tell her not to care about what others do if it doesn't affect her but I can't get it through her skull. I could remember as a kid I'd tell my family about what my friends were doing and that would be the first thing out of my mom's mouth and it always upset me she couldn't be happy for anyone. That's my stubborn family for ya.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • "I'm on my period."
    - Well, sheiße. Guess what? I don't give a fluff. It's not an excuse to act like a female dog.
    "Wow, you don't believe in God? I'll pray for you."
    - Oh no, I don't share the same beliefs with you! Shame on me.
    "nirvana sucks kurt shot himself l0l y dnt u liek 1d n jb?/??/"
    - Sorry, I couldn't hear you from all the BS.
    "You're a girl and you play games? WEIRDO."
    - Sorry, bro, I should go back to the kitchen and make you a sandwich.
    "What does the fox say?"
    - It says "shut the fudge up".

That's just a short list. :P

Edit: I had to replace the swear words with forum-friendly ones.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Geez, I get tired of so many things people say at work, especially when I work the desk.

The list is;

"Did it rain today?"
    "Workin' hard?"
    "Oh no, is it raining?"
    "How's the weather?"
    "I didn't do it!"

About the weather ones, these people are locked inside all day, so it's understandable that they wouldn't notice it raining. But when you're standing in a room that is ninety ****ing percent windows, do you really need to ask? And then it's EVERY BLASTED PERSON that walks through that mentions the rain.

I HATE rainy days. Some days I just want to yell back, "NO IT'S FREAKING SUNNY! LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT."

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • A lot of my bosses used to say this at work: "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean." Okay, that's easy to say if you're not the ones cleaning. Most of the time they would say that then they would go have a friendly chat with another coworker. It would really perturb me.

Same in my workplace haha! I make sure my work station is spotless before I start talking with anyone to be honest. I'd stand up straight as well, they can't say you're leaning now... ;P

However my managers aren't really serious when they say that, just mucking around.
    Except the store manager however. She always yells at us straight up ''Clean! Clean! Clean!'' followed by ''Oh my life...'' *sigh* She wants us cleaning 24/7 or something? xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    "Literally". It is literally my least favourite word in the English language. Literally.
    RIGHT???????? GOD I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE LITERALLY ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY USE IT THE WRONG WAY

"i literally **** a rainbow trying to finish my homework last night"

wow thats great maybe next time we can find a pot of gold inside your toilet bowl so i can pay my rent GOD DAMN IT I KNOW YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT BUT NOTHING ****S RAINBOWS IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO **** RAINBOWS YOU DO NOT PUT "LITERALLY" RIGHT BEFORE SOMETHING THAT IS COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL AND IMPOSSIBLE YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT OKAY!!!!!

edit:
    i also mean to add this

"well i/(insert any other name here) did it so why can't you"
    wow congratulations on that mr olympic gold medalist. why isn't everyone in the world like you/(insert any other name here) so we can all collectively solve our problems in a snap of a finger because you/(insert any other name here) did it? and to think people can be less helpful and sensitive than they already are -____-

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Two things that I find annoying when I hear them.

1. When I talk to someone about one of my male friends (and I only say something simple, like their name or what grade they're in) and the person I'm talking to says "OOO! Are you two dating?"

2. Me: "What time is it?"
    Other Person: "Time for you to get a watch!"

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • 1. When I talk to someone about one of my male friends (and I only say something simple, like their name or what grade they're in) and the person I'm talking to says "OOO! Are you two dating?"
    I know the feels. Apparently men and women can't be friends.

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
    Years
  • Temporary. I'm so sick of that word. I'm required to take medications right now that make me feel like crap and sometimes be in the hospital for a few days. Everyone keeps saying "Oh but it's temporary." Yes, but it still sucks.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    From the perspective of someone who works at the till in a Supermarket:

When an item doesn't scan: "Well, it must be free then!"
    no.

Yeah, I hated working as a cashier hearing the same jokes from every customer. It was the same when I worked as a teller.

Me: "Anything else I can do for you today?"

Customer: "Yeah can I get a free sample?"

Sure if you wanna join me in a jail cell.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • "You can't do anything right"

No, seriously. It's something my dad says to me all of the time. Thing is, he doesn't realize how much it not only bothers me, but that it only makes me feel worse. Like, my mind is programmed differently than his is. I can't just get up and do something without my anxiety disabling me from a simple task that "normal" people like him can do.

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
  • All of you need to act your age! Goodness, Elementary students act better than you guys! says teacher*

Uh, personally I don't like to be called on as a group, a whole in a class, especially when it's people that I don't even talk too/ or like. Also, the way I see it; people don't necessarily "grow up" we just learn how to act in public. However, I have seen elementary students act way worse!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • When I'm out with my daughter a lot of people ask me about her mother but refer to her as "my wife". We're not even together, let alone married, and I'm tired of people assuming that. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a single father but I don't even get the chance because people jump to conclusions right away.

Years
  • I am sick and tired of hearing these things:

"Boys will be boys."
    Just because he is a boy doesn't mean he can do whatever the **** he wants, while us girls have to go by rules.

"You'll know how it feels when you get married and have children."
    No, I don't want kids. I don't want to be a mother. I will never be ready for motherhood.

"All you need to do is believe in God / Jesus Christ."
    Uh, no I don't. I am an atheist. I do not believe there is a god. Stop pushing your belief that God exists down my throat!

"You can't do anything / you're useless."
    Why don't you do it instead of bothering me, then?

"Why aren't you more like your sisters / brother?"
    'cause I'm not disgusting like they are, nor am I their clone.

"Why don't you ever get full marks in school?"
    Because I hate school, and I know grades don't determine a person's intelligence. They just see how good you are at remembering things under pressure.

"You're stupid / dumb."
    What, you expect me to know and remember everything? Seriously?!

"You went to school for nothing."
    Well, duh! I learnt nothing useful during my 13 years of wasted time there. What the **** am I going to do with English and Computers? I already know English and how to use a computer.

The most annoying thing I've heard is...

"Why aren't you a doctor / nurse / lawyer yet?"
    *sigh*
    How 'bout NO!
    I will live my life the way I want to. It's my life! MINE! Not yours. When will you get that through your ****** skull? You know full well that is just for the money, status and to 'honour the family.'
    Why didn't you become one when you had the chance instead of pushing it on me?

Last edited:

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • A few people here have hit the nail on the head...

"Boys will be boys."
    Your gender doesn't excuse your behavior.

"You can't ____, you're a girl!"
    For starters, I'm not a girl unless I tell you I'm a girl. I don't think it should be the job of other people to determine what gender I identify as. Secondly, girls/boys/genderqueer/trans*/bigender/agender can do anything they'd like. Activities/clothings aren't explicitly made for just one gender identity.

"I can't believe you still play Pokemon, that's so childish."
    I like being childish. I like still having fun doing things that maybe are a little silly. It's not anyone's business to judge me!

"You spend too much time online."
    I'm part of a generation that has been raised with the Internet. As a socially stunted child, I found solace in people online who shared my interests. I still do.

"You should really exercise more."
    This drives me insane... My body, my decisions. I can do and look as I want.

"But... they're your family!"
    Not everyone has a good relationship with their family. I don't.

"You'll change your mind when you're older."
    No, I won't.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Anything that has to do with me and my twin. "Oh can you guys read each other's emotions when your at a far distance apart?" **** no, just because we're twins don't mean I'm some sort of god damn super human.

Back