• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

things people say you are tired of hearing

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I hate when I'm talking to one of my bro friends and we start talking about a girl friend I have and the first thing they ask is "Is she hot?" or something equally piglike. Like I was sitting here talking to you about internet friends and relationships and the first thing you speak when I mention that I had an online girlfriend once was "Is she hot?"

More importantly, I hate it when discussions I have with people veers into sex and I hate when I hang out with people who do that, they point out girls that they're interested in having sex with our pointing out things that they like about people sexually. I have never been someone who really looks at people like that (at least not in that degree) so when that's done to me when I just want to go to Subway and get a footlong for lunch, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Can I just eat my lunch please and talk about something actually thought provoking?

Unfortunately, literally all of my guy friends are like that.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I hate when I'm talking to one of my bro friends and we start talking about a girl friend I have and the first thing they ask is "Is she hot?" or something equally piglike. Like I was sitting here talking to you about internet friends and relationships and the first thing you speak when I mention that I had an online girlfriend once was "Is she hot?"

I find this kind of thing quite annoying myself. Don't get me wrong I don't mind mentioning someone is good looking or that I would consider going out with them, but when my friends or even co-workers see someone and flat out say, 'Yeah I'd do her' or call me over to have me check her out is just plan annoying, even more so when it's clear what they're doing.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • " who are you texting"

when i'm texting people minding my own business and people come and start bugging me about it it really makes me mad it's like i just want to yell "Dude leave me alone i wasn't even talking to you get out my biz!" even if i told you, in 10 minutes it wouldn't even mater, you will have lost complete interest by that point.

thebluecrab

Sign Language is Handy
    Years
  • When people know they're losing an argument and they walk away and get mad at you. Also when they just laugh. They're future lawyers

This is kind of a natural thought guys have. Whether or not they say it is what changes things. It's not like they plan on stealing her or anything

Last edited:
    Years
  • I definitely agree with the "boys will be boys" saying. I think I lose it a little when I hear "that's so gay!", "no homo", or any saying that involves using slurs in a negative connotation. Honestly, some of those words hurt people, and it's more than a little crude to be throwing them around when there are plenty of other words for you to choose from that are less packed.

In addition, I find it annoying when you're arguing with someone and they use pet names while trying to make their point. It doesn't make you any better than me, and trying to belittle me certainly doesn't help your case, nor will it make me willing to compromise with you.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I say the word "YOLO" as a joke, and hearing it used by other people doesn't really tick me off, but the word "swag" makes me want to explode with rage. Absolutely no idea why, it just does. Whether or not it's being used in a serious or humorous context, it just pisses me off and makes me want to ram my face into a ceiling fan. It doesn't help that whenever I express my resentment of the word "swag", people just love to abuse it even more around me. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Other than that, I don't really find common sayings or words all too annoying. There are a few things people say often that baffle me or amuse me due to their inherent flaws, but otherwise, I'm too laid-back to care~

Back