• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you believed when you were young

Years
  • I was tricked by impish family into thinking that I was actually born with a tail that later fell off naturally.

I also heard it said somewhere that if you crossed your eyes but got hit in the face, then your eyes would get stuck like that forever. I began trying to warn my fellow elementary school students of this potential danger, and my word was taken as the gospel truth of course.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My Mom always told me I had a sister that I would never see. She called her "Sister Cait" and told me she only came out when I wasn't around. I would always try my best to get a sneak peek and try and find her but never could.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I remember one Easter I awoken and the window was open in the first living room, which led out into the gardens, and there was a half-eaten carrot that lay underneath the seal. My Mother told me that I had just missed the Easter Bunny. Naturally, I went outside and searched for it until I had exhausted myself. Still, I feel, that is an impressive way to both get rid of your children for a while and tucker them out simultaneously so that they won't be too hyper later on.

Years
  • I remember at my cousin's house my Auntie and Uncle would always say that they had security cameras in every room and were always watching us to see if we did anything naughty lmao. I was then convinced that my family just spied on me in their respective houses and when I was at home, was a pretty good method to keep us from being mischievous haha.

Years
  • Also, my mother told me that she had eyes in the back of her head. I parted her hair with a comb once, and searched her scalp for the eyes.

Naturally I also considered there was a distinct possibility of the existence of Santa Claus. I would leave him a plate of cookies, and anxiously sit up late on Christmas Eve, wondering if I would earn a visit or not.

I also came to believe the Cheshire cat from Wonderland was a real kind of cat. Nobody told me this, I just thought it sounded like a breed that would exist. Tbf if there are Japanese Bobtails, Scottish Folds, Siamese, Russian Blues, English Shorthairs, Persians, Egyptian Maus and more, then why not a Cheshire Cat? That could be the part of England where such cats were bred.

Years
    • Seen today
    On my elementary school bus, there were these kids talking about the Bloody Mary trick in the mirror, and how if you said it three times you would be killed.

10 year old me believed it and I was terrified to go anywhere a mirror. When I went into a bathroom I would duck my head when passing the mirrors.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Someone told me that chalk tasted good, lol. :p

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Someone told me that if you crossed your eyes for longer than 10 seconds it could get stuck forever and that scared me from trying. One time when I was 8 I was testing out the telescope my family bought and I thought I saw this huge fireball. I kept telling my family i had pointed my telescope at the sun... it was not the sun but I believed that for a while!

I also used to believe my lamp in this house was haunted as I would get this feeling of dread every time I walked past and my house is over a century old. One time I thought I hallucinated a ghost in my room and had to sleep with the light on for years. I also thought it was lethal to swallow chewing gum. Also this is the most ??? one but when I was a child at school and a lot of people were talking - naturally all the conversations blend together to create this overall mumble. I believed people were making this noise by themselves and would try to recreate it and be lost at how people were doing it because it didn't sound like anything I'd heard of. Yeah...

I was not the brightest kid at times and I'm sure there are many other things I believed but those were a few. :D

Bay

Years
  • Some members of my family believe in ghosts and to not make them mad, so I was scared that they were real when I was younger. A few years ago my parents, sister, and I visited some relatives out of state and we started discussing about haunting ghosts and the sort. At one point my sister and one of my cousins were doing something outside to send out one of the ghost but nothing happened lmao.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to believe that Dunkin Donuts made their donuts from scratch. How mislead I was.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My mum told me that fairies live in moss under mushrooms and as a child I would be so excited to see mushrooms grow, thinking there were fairies living on our property, haha. :')

Years
  • In middle school a classmate of mine shared her words of wisdom with me and all the other girls during gym, cautioning us not to go to sleep wearing our bras, because in the morning we would wake up to discover ourselves 2 sizes smaller.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I used to believe that ghosts and demons where not real and everything had an logical explanation or that it was just a figure of my imagination
    exception of my grandma and my mom, all my other family members kept insisting it, so believed it

that was until I experienced and encountered many paranormal incidents
    I now know they are real

the other one might be silly, sine I only learned about it in 2017 - used to believe that General Tsao, Crab Rangoon, Potstickers, Egg Rolls, and Fortune Cookies where Chinese origin... then I learned it was an American invention to replicate the Chinese taste

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I believed in santa when i was a kid. every year my dad would go outside and shake jingle bells to make it sound like santa was nearby. one year he even paid the maintenance man of the apartment complex we lived in at the time to climb on the roof with a big shovel and run across the roof scraping the shovel across it so it would sound like santa was leaving and the sleigh was taking off back into the sky. I remember hearing the scraping sound that morning at like 5:30am and i was so excited to open my presents that i couldn't go back to sleep after that.

Back