• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Things you like about B&W

Years
  • I liked the weather system a lot, and having seasons makes me thrilled every time I see them along with a pokemon that changes form based on the seasons. It's kind of awesome really.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • -The design of the "Lady" NPC trainers
    -PLASMMMAAAAA! and "Plasbad!"
    Yes, those were pretty funny. "Plasbad." *chuckles*
    -Our favorite "Bye bye a go go!" Team Rocket member
    zomg him! I hadn't realized that it was him until now! He's awesome. <3
    -Skyarrow Bridge and coming into Castelia City.
    That view is plain fantastic.
    Everything I commented on, really.

I loved how you beat Ghetsis after the E4 too. Oh yes, and the seasons, right.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I absolutely adore everything about Black and White, best Pokemon game ever! I even like the ghost girl on the bridge and biker Charles, just everything :p

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I like how they didn't require you to use HMs (except for Cut once) to beat the game, yet they still put them in for those people who like exploring and surfing and such.

I also like how they made Rock Smash a TM. That actually makes it useful, especially considering when you get it.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • I loved everything! If I had to pick out a few things, I'll say the way the gyms were handled (love the puzzles) and the entry gate to Victory Road. That was pretty amazing.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • I like the animations of the Pokemon -- makes them feel more lively.
    Would be cool if in the next release they make Pokemon not only animate their standby pose, but also when they attack, get hurt or eat berries etc.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I like the attention to detail, especially the battle animations and scenery changes throughout the seasons.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The soundtracks and the seasonal differences between the tracks, I just love the accordion that plays on route 11 during the summer time. I also love the dive/underwater segment of the game. It brings back memories of the 3rd generation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the fact that Zekrom is on White Version and Reshiram is on Black, what a way to mess with people's heads.
    100% awesome imo. Mainly cause I like Zekrom and loved White, but yeah! nevermind that I got Black too :x

Me? I like how you go to Skyarrow bridge (I think its called) and the view changes to wide, side, every which way you tried :)
    Yeah that's one of the best bridges really, the only issue is that you can't create your own angles and they aren't set in stone, lol :( Still a great feature though.

Each month is a different season. Better than animal crossing imo.

The foreigner who took the machine part in Kanto is in Icirrus City... I met him.

bye bye a go go!

+ Team Rocket theme in Gamefreak building where you battle Morimoto.
    I keep forgetting about the seasons actually. XD; However! When I remember them, they are indeed awesome.

Yeahhhh I love that theme, I've only gone there a few times admittedly buuut still it's awesome to hear sometimes. :3
    When in Skyla's gym, one of the cannons hit you straight in the wall, and you can hear your OW slide down slowly. xD;
    I KNOW. IT'S AWESOME BUT I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE PROTAGONIST. :(
    I liked the Opelucid gym's puzzle. It was cool walking on robotic dragons as part of the puzzle. Even though I hate anything to do with slippery ice normally, I think the Iccirus gym's puzzle was interesting because of the curved paths. I also like how Iccirus is the only city where you can find wild Pokemon just by walking around.
    Omg yes, the dragons were awesome, but amazingly annoying to escape when you wanted to heal yourself, ugh. XD; And Icirrus' is awesome too, I was jumping along those two side slopes for a few minutes at one point loool.

i liked how you caught the game mascot wit the the first ball you used unless that was jus my friends
    Saving balls + saving time = yes.

I absolutely adore everything about Black and White, best Pokemon game ever! I even like the ghost girl on the bridge and biker Charles, just everything :p
    Agreed with best ever!

I like how they didn't require you to use HMs (except for Cut once) to beat the game, yet they still put them in for those people who like exploring and surfing and such.

I also like how they made Rock Smash a TM. That actually makes it useful, especially considering when you get it.
    Yeah I was glad we didn't have to abuse HMs :x

The soundtracks and the seasonal differences between the tracks, I just love the accordion that plays on route 11 during the summer time. I also love the dive/underwater segment of the game. It brings back memories of the 3rd generation.
    Ooh I love the different music for the different areas + seasons, it really enhances the experience imo.

I'd add my own things but it would be a list that is waaaaaaaay too long. I'm just going to say however that I love basically everything about the games.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I love...
    - that the heroes are actually older than the standard ten-year-olds of every other generation.
    - that the Pokemon move around during the battle instead of a static view that we always had before.
    - that the seasons change every month and cause the landscape of Unova to change with them.
    - the fact that you don't become the Pokemon Champion during the main storyline, something I've been asking for since Gen 1.
    - that they finally put in some unique, new combo types of Pokemon, like Fire/Psychic and Ghost/Ground.
    - how many things there are to do every day in Unova, both daily and weekly events.
    - how long the storyline took to complete. My play time to finish the main storyline the first time was at least three times longer than the time it took me to complete Platinum.
    - the reduced amount of HMs compared to most other Gens.

And most of all, I LOVE that TMs no longer disappear on use--that you can use them as many times as you want to. Seriously, the best change to ever come to his game, imo. ^_^

Years
  • What I love about Black & White

- Sprites moving in battle
    - Seasons
    - The graphics
    - Reduced HM's
    - The designs of Hilbert and Hilda
    - The starters (especially Oshawott, as you see in my signature!)
    - Reshiram and Zekrom
    - Cheren and Bianca (I love their designs and I knew that Cheren was male)
    - Reusable TM's
    - The Gym Leaders (coolest designs ever, especially Elesa)
    - The concept of Black & White resembling Yin & Yang

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    • Age 28
    • lol
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Pokemon always in motion, makes the battle more intense
    quicker battle speed
    reuseable tms
    easy leveling
    overall cool stuff

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • I love the time of day changing, though I wish the lighting and presentation was more like Gold and Silver. I also love when it snows, like in Sekka City.

I really like that the sprites are animated! Some are very cool, some very cute, and some downright funny (like Gamagaru and Muggyo).

I love the battle music when you fight Cheren or Bel. I think I associate with when I first started playing (sentimental value there) and I just like the fun sound of it. I love watching Mijumaru dancing around to it.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Oh gosh, I liked almost everything about BW :'D I really liked team plasma, the animations, the music, the new pokemons, the gym leaders especially Elesa and Skyla 'cause their designs are cute :3, N, Touko, FerrisWheelShipping :D, the seasons and how wild pokemons are affected by the seasons too, re-usable TMs, although it makes it harder to find them. D: I like everything about it I guess. xD;;

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Most enjoyable experience in B&W?

In HG/SS, I found the Pokeathelon was great fun, because we got to use our Pokemon in Races etc. and they really came alive. As for B&W, the battle subway was fun, but there's no real excitement that comes out of it. Exploring further and catching other Pokemon from the other regions was also great (I mean Dragonite and Milotic in the WILD?!), but as I said before, doesn't compare to the Pokeathelon or the Battle Frontier.

So yeah, what did YOU enjoy most in Pokemon Black and White?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I enjoyed using the new Pokemon and the game's storyline itself. I also enjoyed battling in the Battle Subway, despite it being a replacement for the Battle Tower.

Back