• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you thought about Poke'mon, that now you realize were wrong

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
When I first read the name 'Bianca', I read Bee-ans-ah, do not ask why.

I also had some confusion with Yveltal, calling it 'Why-vel-tal' before realizing it was probably 'ee-vel-tal'.

I pronounce Lugia Lu-GEE-uh, and apparently thats wrong.

I pronounced Xatu Ex-Ah-Too for the longest time.

Katunei999

Katunei
Years
I remember when I was a kid and playing Silver, I had a Mareep, but I always called it 'Marpy'. I was talking about it with a kid at school and he corrected me. I was pretty embarrassed.

Also, when I was playing Emerald, I was lying on my bed when the screen glitched out. It kept happening and I freaked out, but it stopped after my Magikarp fainted from poising. It was only a year later that I realised the glitching was supposed to happen. Whoops.

Years

Also, when I was playing Emerald, I was lying on my bed when the screen glitched out. It kept happening and I freaked out, but it stopped after my Magikarp fainted from poising. It was only a year later that I realised the glitching was supposed to happen. Whoops.
When I first saw that in Gold, I thought my player character was being photographed or something. o_O

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I used to always spell Qwilfish with a u instead of the w. Quilfish just seemed so much better than Qwilfish, and I spelled things how I heard them. I also spelled Quilava "Qwilava" at some points due to this error. :x

Years
These occurred when I was young, so let's get to it!

1. I thought that legendaries would stay where they were if you ran from them. When I was fighting Mewtwo in my Yellow, I tried catching it only for Bill to inform me that I had no room left in my box. I ran from it, changed boxes, then came back only to find it wasn't there.

2. I thought Pinsir evolved into Heracross. They were right next to each other in the Johto Dex with Heracross coming right after Pinsir, so I believed I'd be able to get a Heracross from evolving Pinsir. I ended up getting my Pinsir to level 50 in my Gold before finally realizing that it didn't evolve into Heracross.

3. It took me the longest time to remember that Azurill was Normal, not Water. I remember always being confused as heck when I'd use a Grass or Electric type move against it only to deal neutral damage. Thank Arceus it gained the Fairy type rather than drop the Normal typing, else I would've been even more confused XD

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
Years
Pokemon Blue NPC: if you lose to the elite 4 you'll have to start all over again!
I was around 6, and I read this and thought it meant if they beat me I'd have to start the game all over again.
I lost, I sobbed like a baby, then realised I was back in the pokemon centre! Phew!

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
after i watched the anime episode "tentacool and tentacruel" i thought all tentacruel were super gigantic

as well, also because of the anime, i thought all meowth could talk in human speech

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
i used to pronounce Girafarig Gir-a-fig (no ar) cause i never saw the others letters until recently >_<

pronounce Illumise Eye-loo-mise (still do :3 )

pronounced Archeops Arch-E-ops (not Ar-ke-ops)

and briefly (before its anime introduction) pronounced Dedenne Dee-den (but that ones hard right?!)

Years
I still spell Carvanha wrong, and I used to pronounce it Carvana (or something like that.) I will continue to spell it wrong for the rest of my life :'(

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
I used to think Charizard was super cool and i could ride it every where but then i learned it cant learn fly and according to the Poxedex entry it is smaller than me!

Years
I used to think Charizard was super cool and i could ride it every where but then i learned it cant learn fly and according to the Poxedex entry it is smaller than me!

If you mean in-game, it certainly can learn Fly. According to Bulbapedia, Charizard is 5 feet tall, so you may very well be right, haha. n__n;

I've always spelled Hoppip with one 'p', but only recently learned I was misspelling it. I would name some Pokemon that I haven't been pronouncing correctly, but that list would be incredibly long and probably astound everyone at my overall stupidity, so I'm going to just say that I've been saying a lot of their names wrong.

Back