• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If it is going to be the cover in the next game they will not use it's form that it is currently in, in Black and White.

They will use it's new/altered/advanced whatever you want to call it form, that will be introduced in the 3rd game lol.
    Isn't that what I said lol, of course they will use the other form like they did with Giratina :P

Years
    Oh lol. I got mixed up because I thought you said before that it would remain in it's original form.

But who knows, it may not even have another form.

Only time will tell.
    Lol I said the only time can tell part too :P Only I put Dialga ;)
    yeah we have to wait some Dialga before the third game comes out...

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
    Let's look at it this way, Reshiram represents "light" and Zekrom represents "dark." I look at "light and darkness" as "heaven and hell."
    The thing that can be related to those are something that is living, something that does not belong to both places. "Life" is a perfect term to describe something like that. Probably a pokemon that represents "life" is a perfect third game legendary.

Years
    Also the third could represent nothingness, a place which is in neither light or dark but is a white colored waste land...that sounds like Ice...light is fire, Dark is lighting (like a haunted mansion or hell) and Ice is the nothingness...the ever lasting nothingness so I think it's the Ice/Dragon pokemon is going to be the Mascot :)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    It could possible be one of the genies. Zekrom and Reshiram separate it in the Pokedex. That doesn't necessarily mean anything but normally the trios are all next to each other.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Dragon/Ice has Pressure, while the other two have special abilities that seem to be Mold Breaker like. There really isn't anything game wise to link this Pokemon with the other two at all.

All the facts point against it being a third, I just don't see how it can be a third at all now.

Also the bit about them growing weaker, that was just flavor text to give them history. Magikarp will always be extremely weak until it evolves into Gyarados. For Regigigas, its history flavor explains its Slow Start ability.

There are other Pokemon that apparently existed for many year and didn't lose power, Claydol, the Super Ancients Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon.

For the Third Mascot clash for G/S/C, they just chose the Beast that had the greatest fan base and made a story around it. Suicune was liked the most out of the three, so they made a story centering around it. Yellow was made roughly the same way, the Anime was such a big hit that they tried to relate the Anime into the Game by making an Ash like playable character scenario.

R/S/E Rayquaza was mentioned in R/S as the Pokemon able to quell the other two Super Ancients, but was never shown in game to they gave it its own game and merged the stories together.

D/P/Pt was made to mimic Giratina's involvement from the Movie, Giratina and the Sky Warrior. Giratina wasn't even thought of as a member of their trio until Platinum came out. Before that, it was heavily debated rumor that they were a trio that had very little evidence (more than now though) to help it.

If the Ice/Dragon doesn't have a signature Ice version to Cross Thunder or Cross Flame or something new that JUST it has, it seems extremely unlikely that it would be a third. If it is, its like I said, just a random throw in.

King Gumball

Years
    Your point about Suicune being chosen for G/S/C proves against the point you are trying to make Xander0. So what that the Ice/dragon pokemon's stats and abilities aren't too similar to the Zekrom/Reshiram! the fact is that it looks extremely similar and is the most realistic and obvious choice and out of all the other legends it would make the most sense if it were as the 3rd game mascot .

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Your point about Suicune being chosen for G/S/C proves against the point you are trying to make Xander0. So what that the Ice/dragon pokemon's stats and abilities aren't too similar to the Zekrom/Reshiram! the fact is that it looks extremely similar and is the most realistic and obvious choice and out of all the other legends it would make the most sense if it were as the 3rd game mascot .

I completely disagree with you. It looks nothing like Zekrom nor Reshiram and seems the most unrealistic choice to be in their Trio.

And no, Second Gen didn't have any other Legends to use that weren't event. Using it doesn't hurt the argument unless the person arguing against doesn't know anything about Pokemon or the history. Suicune also was part of the Beast Trio and isn't even considered to be equal to the Legendary Bird DUO of G/S

Only two games that can be easily compared to are R/S/E series where it was written in before Emerald, and This set is still argued today to be a Duo with a Master, but has insufficient evidence to back it up, rather than a Trio with a self ruling Master. And D/P/Pt which pulled a R/B/Y and based the third Game off of the Anime/Movies.

IF the dragon can relate to them, it will be in Black and White's history for it. So far, the Dragon/Ice has been shown but hasn't been given any info on relation to them. Only that you find it near a lake that suddenly freezes.

Its ability not relating, lower stat which ALL TRIOS ARE EQUAL with exception to Rayquaza because he is a Master, AND not having a perfectly matching attack list to the other two, this all says that fan speculation has very low chance for success.

What I'm trying to say is I don't believe its a Trio. As for Mascots, any NON Event Legend can be the Mascot. We don't even know what the name of the third game would be and would have to wait 2 years before anything could be hinted.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    If it hasn't already been said, I think I figured it out. Zekrom represents technology, and Reshiram represents nature, right? We can all basically agree on that?

Well supposedly the story behind Insekuta is that it was an ancient bug pokemon modified by Team Plasma. So it's like nature and technology combined! I didn't look at it's stats yet to compare them, but that makes sense to me. I would definitely want it to be the third legendary, so it gets a more detailed story behind it in the third game.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    it doesnt have to have a special ability.

palkia and dailga had pressure, and so did giritina, but when it was in origin form it had levitate.

so the third one having pressure is fine, since its not the main story line legend. like BLACK AND WHITE.

thats just my two cents.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    it doesnt have to have a special ability.

palkia and dailga had pressure, and so did giritina, but when it was in origin form it had levitate.

so the third one having pressure is fine, since its not the main story line legend. like BLACK AND WHITE.

thats just my two cents.

Giratina still had Pressure. Most of the legends get Pressure as a Default ability and some of the Trios get abilities that link them together. The Super Ancients for example. They cause weather effects and erase weather effects.

Giratina still has the perfect match up attack list, Pokemon stat (680) and ability match ups with Dialga and Palkia.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would very much like them to pull a Crystal and use another Legendary, someone that's very much unrelated to the two Dragon mascots.

I can't see GF using Victini or any of the last 3 legendaries as mascots, simply because I don't think they have anything that relates to the two Dragons, (for example, Suicune was one of the legendary dogs, whom related back to Oh-Ho) and the fact that they're single Legendaries, not being part of any duo or trio. If any of them are going to be used as a third game mascot, it'll be the Ice/Dragon or someone from the other two, confirmed trios. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they perhaps broke the idea of a single Pokemon being the mascot of one version, and perhaps used an entire trio. That would be nice for a change if you ask me.

Years
    I completely disagree with you. It looks nothing like Zekrom nor Reshiram and seems the most unrealistic choice to be in their Trio.

And no, Second Gen didn't have any other Legends to use that weren't event. Using it doesn't hurt the argument unless the person arguing against doesn't know anything about Pokemon or the history. Suicune also was part of the Beast Trio and isn't even considered to be equal to the Legendary Bird DUO of G/S

Only two games that can be easily compared to are R/S/E series where it was written in before Emerald, and This set is still argued today to be a Duo with a Master, but has insufficient evidence to back it up, rather than a Trio with a self ruling Master. And D/P/Pt which pulled a R/B/Y and based the third Game off of the Anime/Movies.

IF the dragon can relate to them, it will be in Black and White's history for it. So far, the Dragon/Ice has been shown but hasn't been given any info on relation to them. Only that you find it near a lake that suddenly freezes.

Its ability not relating, lower stat which ALL TRIOS ARE EQUAL with exception to Rayquaza because he is a Master, AND not having a perfectly matching attack list to the other two, this all says that fan speculation has very low chance for success.

What I'm trying to say is I don't believe its a Trio. As for Mascots, any NON Event Legend can be the Mascot. We don't even know what the name of the third game would be and would have to wait 2 years before anything could be hinted.
    What do you mean DPPt pulled a RGBY? The giratina movie was made after the announcement of Pt...so it wasn't based on the anime...
    Also the third one has Grey parts to it's body which is speculated to be the third game (though that rock/fighting dog is too) is part dragon, they are trying to remake the Fire/lighting/Ice trio and if it does gain another forme it's special ability would be something like theirs, also they might have given it weaker stats and diffrent ability to make it less predictable...

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    We'll know more about what creature is likely to be the Third Version Mascot (if we can even tell) once we have translations of important dialogue. As people are mentioning concepts of "Yin and Yang" and "Technology and Nature", I am also familiar with one element that works in nicely with both: Balance. My knowledge of Eastern lore is rather limited, but I believe the point of yin and yang is to strike a balance, and when balance is lost, to try and regain it. Should Team Plasma (or the player) destroy that balance, then some creature would need to restore it.

Honestly, this myth of "Yin and Yang" is starting to grossly resemble RSE's Legendary myths more than any other regions'. Water, Land, and Sky (with Sky acting as the balance).
    Granted, if Reshiram is related to "Nature", I wonder what (if any) relation it has to Kyogre and Groudon, who are "builders of nature"? Reshiram and Zekrom even have the same base stat total as Rayquaza.

Frankly, I'd like to believe that the Ice/Dragon makes a trio with Reshiram and Zekrom, but I don't believe there is sufficient information to support that.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Years

Then what Pokemon do you think will be the mascot? I highly doubt it will be any of the other legends.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Then what Pokemon do you think will be the mascot? I highly doubt it will be any of the other legends.

Come on people, if Reshiram represents nature and Zekrom represents technology, then surely the third one would be both combined, which is the bug legendary. >_<

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Come on people, if Reshiram represents nature and Zekrom represents technology, then surely the third one would be both combined, which is the bug legendary. >_<

o.o How does that bug represent nature, because its a bug xD
    I hope they wont make a third counterpart it would just ruin the balance -.-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back