• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's possible that there are things that will come before the third version such as more spin offs but it seems like it will come before the remakes in the line of the main series games. I think this is smart cause if Kyurem really did have a new forme in the third version and the remakes came before then only one of the 5 games of gen V will have that forme which might make those who bought the remakes (and Bw) upset as to get Kyurem's new form they now have to buy grey unlike gen IV where those who skipped on platinum got Giratina's other forme abit by an event with Arceus.

blue

gucci
    Years
    In The Anime Department
    Pokémon Movie News

Japanese variety show, Oha Suta, has shown the first details of the brand new movie. This movie, titled Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsmen (キュレムVS聖剣士), and is set to feature the legendary Pokémon; Cobalion, Terrakion, Vizirion and Kyurem. This movie is due for release in July 2012 in Japanese theatres. More information of this movie will come on the official site on December 17th. Our friends at Filb will have the trailer shown in high quality shortly. In the meantime, pictures have been added to our pre-release page

This was reported on Serebii and assuming that Kyurem is the mascot for the third game this may have some connection to the game being Pokémon Grey. This is by far no confirmation but it could be something.

Years
    Don't they usually announce the games around march though?
    How powerful do you think Kyurem will be? I think that it might be as powerful or close to Arceus' base stat total seeing how Kyurem might have to fight both Zek and Resh whicuh would be unfair. Afterwards it can turn back against Ghetsis .

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Assuming Kyurem is the mascot in the third game (which I'm now 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% sure will be "Gray"), I think they'll probably introduce another form, like Attack form or Sp. Atk form or something. Kyurem is only tad bit weaker than the other two of the trio (660 Base compared to 680).

That being said, if the third game (or hypothetical RS remakes) come out in Japan by August, I'm definitely going to buy them there, because I'm going to 1-2 month Asia tour in Korea, parts of China, Thailand, and (obviously) Japan after I graduate from high school. If it doesn't come out by then, I can still pre-order :D

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    To be honest, I was hoping that 'Gray' wouldn't be released just yet. And even if this new Corocoro issue says anything speculative concerning it, I'll feel it'll be too soon to have a remake of White/Black...

Grab our attention with those 'rumored' Ruby/Sapphire remakes instead...ending this generation (that is, depending on how long the current one will last) with 'Gray' seems like a better choice to go with in my opinion.

..But what do I know about this kind of stuff, with video game release sales and all :P

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    ChaosSonic has the right idea. It is better to end the generation with the third game. If it's released before the remakes then everyone gets really bored of Unova. If the remakes are released then we get a break.

Kyurem will probably get a new forme in the third version. This forme should make him the most powerfull in his forme and his two "signature moves" Ice Burn and Freeze Shock should not have to charge in this form.

Alternatively his new forme could be Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem all fused togethor like the original dragon. They would have to do this right though.

Years
    Yeah but if they do the third game last then one will only be able to get Kyurem to change forme in one game unlike Giratina and Shaymin who had three (Pt and HgSs). Though I guess they could do RSE first and then Grey followed by possible RGBY remake remakes (Lightning yellow and Oceanblue anyone?)

Years
    Is the third game confirmed to be called Gray? They could call it colourless in fairness or if they wanted to jump of the "colour" scheme, it could be called Chaos.

As for the mascot, it would probably make sense to have the Ice Dragon, in which case I think Colourless would make even more sense for the game title.

This is my post for the 9th December, Kaori.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Is the third game confirmed to be called Gray? They could call it colourless in fairness or if they wanted to jump of the "colour" scheme, it could be called Chaos.

As for the mascot, it would probably make sense to have the Ice Dragon, in which case I think Colourless would make even more sense for the game title.

This is my post for the 9th December, Kaori.

I really really hope it's not Gray, just because the arguments supporting it being called that are weak and the name is boring. :(

Years
    If it's not Grey then I hope it's called Prism because the colors the rainbow emerge from the prism plus it matches the ice type, much better than Pokemon clear in my opinion.

blue

gucci
    Years
    In a way its likely to be Grey but I hope not because it's way too predictable not to mention half of the people on here are assuming it will be Grey. It would be a nice surprise to have something unique like the previous poster said Prism would be good.

Years
    Though when one thinks about it Grey is the most underrated of the colors similar to how Kyurem is the most underpowered of it's trio along with the black and white morality= Grey.
    Maybe they surprise us by using the non us spelling...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back