• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
    'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.
    Gray is the color of Kyurem, so its possible. That and Black + White = Gray.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think it would be really cool if they updated Torterra's sprite so it's top tree would change depending on the season, like Sawsbuck and Deerling.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    All I want is, if not made for 3DS, that at least has a 3DS feature which takes use of the screen resolution, I know Nintendo said that they could make DS game to have 3DS features but would be rare.

That was a misquote that turned out to be completely false. Nobody's ever mentioned such a thing since that IGN blunder.

We then come back to the problem of lower-resolution graphical assets displayed on a larger and wider screen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think it would be really cool if they updated Torterra's sprite so it's top tree would change depending on the season, like Sawsbuck and Deerling.
    That's a nice idea they could also do the same with other leave losing tree pokemon...of which I can't think of any other than Torterra's line at the moment...
    I would like to explore more of N's castle, maybe Genosect could be hidden there and the player finds it by accident before fighting Kyurem...though it's not likely...
    I would kind of like it if the castle began to collapse after you beat N and how you try to escape only to find Ghetsis stop you from escaping or something around those lines...

Years
    The way Gamefreak names games is pretty weird. Pokemon Crystal shared no resemblance to Suicune, unless they meant Crystal-Clear, which Suicune does (purifies water).

Pokemon Grey would fit these games perfectly, since Gamefreak has decided to go and have a look at opposites (Black and White, truth and ideals, etc.), and if they do choose another name for it I hopeit fits in with the theme, because last time I checked Diamonds and Pearls do not make sense with Platinum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pfft name discussion is boring. :(

Anyway, there have been hints within the game which point to Grey, so unless GameFreak doesn't want to be creative, which they probably don't, then it's likely to be Grey. Idk if that made sense without re-reading it.

Though!

maybe Pokemon Turquoise.

I like that. That's probably fourth in my favourite name suggestions.

Oh yeah, actually, in the third game, I want to be able to get Surf sooner. We get it too late imo in B/W considering we can't get the fishing rod til the end.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We could still get Surf earlier on. Maybe once we reach Castelia cause y'know that's surrounded by water and all. Besides I still can't see why we can't surf around Castelia, so... why not have Surf then? :(

It would be most logical!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No, I can't you can't surf in Castelia, what I'm saying is, it would flow better in the storyline if you were given surfaround Castelia in the third game. It won't stuff up any game mechanics tbh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    I love the idea of having more pokemon change depending upon the season! If previous gen's could do that it would be really need.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    A Battle Frontier will be included. Every "3rd game" in the PKMN has a new Battle Frontier. Also, I think we might be able to battle all of the 7 sages in Team Plasma, I think.

Or maybe, you will get to face N more than ever.
    Lastly, I think that Tag Triple Battles might be included as well.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    A Battle Frontier will be included. Every "3rd game" in the PKMN has a new Battle Frontier.
    No, This time because there's no battle tower in B/W there will be no
    battle frontier, But there's battle subway I think they will do others
    like battle plane, battle ship,.... Like battle frontier but with a different name maybe.
    I think it will be located in Anville town instead of Nimbasa city.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Stickied :D Due to end of weekly polls, we can afford to have this as a sticky now.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of a battle subway and a factory in the third game. Why not just extend the battle subway and relocate it near the elite four and get Caitlin involved cause she likes battle factories? :3

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    ^Yes I saw that, probably mentioned it before too. So maybe she'll actually fly us somewhere in the Third Game or perhaps it's for an event Pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I just saw that Amity Square thread in the D/P/PT section and thought, if they're not gonna bring back the follow feature, then at least bring Amity Square back.

So yeah, I would love it if they bought Amity Square back, but probably not with the limited selection of Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back