• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    Stickied :D Due to end of weekly polls, we can afford to have this as a sticky now.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of a battle subway and a factory in the third game. Why not just extend the battle subway and relocate it near the elite four and get Caitlin involved cause she likes battle factories? :3

Yea.. and Catilin must NOT be at E4.
    Catilin at battle Factory and Palmer at E4, Steel type.
    Team may be:
    Spoiler:

Rematch team:
    Spoiler:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I don't think we'll get a battle frontier in the third game, hopefully they'll break this pattern. >:

I mean, Emerald's battle frontier was great, Platinum & Heartgold/Soul Silver was just terrible! >:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I don't think we'll get a battle frontier in the third game, hopefully they'll break this pattern. >:

I mean, Emerald's battle frontier was great, Platinum & Heartgold/Soul Silver was just terrible! >:

Well, since they have repeated this pattern for at least one time, I wouldn't be suprised if they repeated the pattern again.

Anyways, I would like to ask you a question.
    Why is Platinum and HG/SS's Battle Frontier terrible?

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    Yea.. and Catilin must NOT be at E4.
    Catilin at battle Factory and Palmer at E4, Steel type.
    Team may be:
    Spoiler:

Rematch team:
    Spoiler:
    I like Caitlin and I don't want to see her removed from the game and I don't think they will remove any other member, But I would choose replace marshal and battle him in a cave, like Steven.

Last edited:

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    There's no new main game this year?
    That means the third game and the remakes will be released at the same year 2012.
    But one of the new games will be released at the beginning of 2012 we might see
    an announcement of a new game this year.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Well, crud. That is pretty cool though. But, it'd be cooler if it wasn't just the Pokedex in 3D... Not like I can change that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ If you wanna share your thoughts on it, best to be discussed on the thread regarding it within spinoffs. :)

Anywaay, I see the third game being announced next year, actually. I'd like to think that R/S remakes will come first, but I have an idea Unova may be included in gen 6 so a gap between exploring Unova would probably make the most logical sense.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I hope we get Move Tutors with some new, great moves for some Pokemon.
    Knowing that the other games have move tutors, I have no doubt in my mind there will be ones in the next game. I'm just curious if they would bring any new moves in that were unteachable before. (As you said) And I'm also wondering if they are going to add some more new moves. (I doubt it, but I can hope can't I?)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Another thing I would like, in the same vein of my airplane suggestion, is for the Anville Line to have a nice cutscene added. Going through a field with a herd of Bouffalant running alongside the train, through the woods with Sewaddle running to hide, maybe a few examples of Pokemon interacting in the wild. It would really cement how far away Anville Town is from everything. Of course, the cutscene would have to be skippable, probably by making it only trigger if you look out the window, so you could get there quickly if you had already seen it.

I just love cutscenes

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Another thing I would like, in the same vein of my airplane suggestion, is for the Anville Line to have a nice cutscene added. Going through a field with a herd of Bouffalant running alongside the train, through the woods with Sewaddle running to hide, maybe a few examples of Pokemon interacting in the wild. It would really cement how far away Anville Town is from everything. Of course, the cutscene would have to be skippable, probably by making it only trigger if you look out the window, so you could get there quickly if you had already seen it.

I just love cutscenes

And the cutscene should also change with the seasons so in spring there might be Deerling skipping past, in summer there could be Swanna and/or Petilil/Cottonee zooming past, in autumn like you said and in winter some Vanillite scattering everywhere. I would also hope that someting more would happen with the air delivery service in Mistralton City. Maybe a place where you can trade items over wifi..?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    And the cutscene should also change with the seasons so in spring there might be Deerling skipping past, in summer there could be Swanna and/or Petilil/Cottonee zooming past, in autumn like you said and in winter some Vanillite scattering everywhere. I would also hope that someting more would happen with the air delivery service in Mistralton City. Maybe a place where you can trade items over wifi..?

Ooh that's an interesting idea. Kind of like a GTS with a plane; You can send off an item with a request for a certain item, and check the trades available. That would be awesome and completely new.

Or possibly, some items could be transferred over from a Gen IV game? Considering it's an airplane, it could easily fly over to Johto/Sinnoh and then back, with you sending say a Poke Ball, a Revive, a Potion, and a Parlyz Heal and getting back four random items from your old inventory, or a GTS-like system where you can get back the items you really want. Like your idea, except trading with yourself xD

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    ^He would probably be found in a dungeon as an optional battle, perhaps Dragonspiral tower?

Who would replace him?
    Drayden?

That could happen seeing as Iris would then take the place as the 8th gym leader. It would be like Emerald then.

@Toujours
    I don't think we will be seeing anything new to happen to do with the 4th generation. Seeing as we will have moved for passed that by then. It could have something to do with the Hoenn remakes though. Maybe it will be for trading or something and can only be done there. Or maybe it will happen between the ships at Castelia and Slateport/Lilycove City.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That could happen seeing as Iris would then take the place as the 8th gym leader. It would be like Emerald then.
    I like the idea of this. Plus if they made the order of the 8th Gym Leader/Elite Four Champion like that, it'd be some kind of hint for an RS remake (that is, if a third game were to be out before one).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back