• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, the user said there won't be animations because of the third games, so I assumed so. XD I was pretty sure the sprites changed, though. I think the pixelated back sprites will be fixed in the third game, since originally that was a big complaint.

Koh

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I'm positive it'll go along the basic rules:

-Alternate Trainer outfits.
    -Third Legendary Pokemon that ties in with the other two somehow.
    -Version exclusive Pokemon not found in Black or White.
    -Some new feature that wasn't in Black or White.
    -A few microscopic storyline changes.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

• I thought the previous third games did have new anitamtions... Oh well, I am sure it will happen with B/W too, along with a bunch of new sprites. I doubt all the pokemon will get new animations, just some, same with the sprites. I think they will do it for a little bit of change when battling pokemon. Seeing new animations in games makes a little difference in terms of exceitement and interest.

Hmm...I'd actually be willing to forego new Pokemon sprites+animations, if stuff like the Follow-Me feature, Apricorn Balls, PokeBall seals, Pokemon Contests/Pokeathlon, could be added instead (I'd kinda like Trainer animations, though). But mainly the first three features I listed...

(On second thought, I would like it if the animations of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza could be edited so that their markings glow)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Hmm...I'd actually be willing to forego new Pokemon sprites+animations, if stuff like the Follow-Me feature, Apricorn Balls, PokeBall seals, Pokemon Contests/Pokeathlon, could be added instead (I'd kinda like Trainer animations, though). But mainly the first three features I listed...

(On second thought, I would like it if the animations of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza could be edited so that their markings glow)

The Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza idea is good :) That would be pretty awesome I reckon, nice thinking ;)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm positive it'll go along the basic rules:

-Alternate Trainer outfits.
    -Third Legendary Pokemon that ties in with the other two somehow.
    -Version exclusive Pokemon not found in Black or White.
    -Some new feature that wasn't in Black or White.
    -A few microscopic storyline changes.
    This, and a few extra additions; I think you just struck gold.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    Aren't Kyuremu, Reshiram and Zekrom all Dragon types? And Kyuremu's colouring would also help the Pokemon Grey name theory, given that the mascots for Pokemon Black and White, are Black and White in colour.

Years
  • I found a small theory on the internet that could give an idea.

Spoiler:

I don't like this theory much, but I have to recognize it makes some sense.

What if Kyurem could use 'Cold Flare' only against Reshiram and 'Freezing Bolt' only against Zekrom? Maybe it could be a special attack that will only work when he holds God Orb (I'd prefer it was called Tao Orb or something like that). Cold Flare/Freezing Bolt could cause damage and reduce Resh/Zek power... That'd allow him to fight'em both.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't like this theory much, but I have to recognize it makes some sense.

What if Kyurem could use 'Cold Flare' only against Reshiram and 'Freezing Bolt' only against Zekrom? Maybe it could be a special attack that will only work when he holds God Orb (I'd prefer it was called Tao Orb or something like that). Cold Flare/Freezing Bolt could cause damage and reduce Resh/Zek power... That'd allow him to fight'em both.

I really hope Kyuremu's purported signature moves aren't restricted like Cross Flame and Cross Thunder are. Ick. :disappoin I'd prefer to use Cold Flare instead as a general Ice-type special attacking move instead of only being able to use it under certain conditions...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • maybe rural town-ish?
    But then isn't that like many towns? a mixture of civilization and technology?
    I guess it is, but it would make Fortree less rare if they made lots of towns like it...maybe a town with modern buildings but with plants growing on top of them that make them look enviormentally friendly? I have seen real life buildings like that before they could do that :)

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • My guess on the pokemon mascot is the same as everyone else.

As for the game name, however, if not grey, I was thinking either prism version or transparent.
    For prism, it refers to how white light is split into different colours. Using Kyurem's ice body as a triangular glass or sort, it can split white light? And that's where it can change forme?
    For transparent, well, ice can be transparent, where it allows light to pass through it.

For plot change, maybe we can have a further backstory on N. Like when he used to have a twin brother, though they have different ideals.
    Also, for this version N could catch either reshiram or zekrom, but not both. Instead of getting the other legendary, the player would get kyurem instead. And it can have 2 new formes, though it'll use one.
    After the story, the player can catch the last of the ele-dragon trio. Assuming a battle frontier is there, N can be found there afterwards. In addition to rematches, you can interchange pokemon with N by trading reshiram and zekrom.

Oh, and maybe zorua is obtainable in the third version too without any aid of events.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, I finally made it through the Electric Cave last night, and came across an interesting line from N, relating to the titles.

Now, my Japanese is rudimentary at best, but he definitely said this at one point:
    Spoiler:

Is that a hint to the title of the third game? I'll let you guys decide.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...wow. I'm amazed noone else mentioned this, really. If that's not a hint, I don't know what is.

So... Grey? D: The game names are going to be confu--assuming this hint is actually a hint :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So, I finally made it through the Electric Cave last night, and came across an interesting line from N, relating to the titles.

Now, my Japanese is rudimentary at best, but he definitely said this at one point:
    Spoiler:

Haha it possibly is, So the third version will be about us making sure the keeping of the world Grey opposed to N who turned it White in White and Black in Black also that makes me think that he won't get either legend in the third version like he did in B and W

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Spoiler:

Nice find! I think it's a credible hint...although I'd still like the third version to be titled Pokemon Crimson Version to avoid the title most fans expect, and to reference the phrase "What's black and white and "red" all over?" :D

I was also hoping that in the third version, the screen turns monochrome/black-and-white to highlight the yin-yang theme and act as a throwback to the Generation I games, where one's Pokemon journey literally started out in black-and-white. :)

(additionally, at this rate, the third version is going to have to be chock full with a better offering of move tutors than BW...!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back