• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Cool but I think Lenora needs some more Unova pokemon :3 Replace Zangoose with Buoffalant and Kangaskan with Sawsbuck imo.

Replace Skyla's Staraptor and Crobat (she already has a bat and Unfezant) with Braviary and Mandibuzz.

Drayden is like way to hard. Get rid of Gyarados and Salamence or Garchomp and give him a less used/less powerful Flygon and Kingdra.

Iris only has one unova pokemon D: She should have the same as Drayden only Dragonite, Altaria and Milotic as the foreign pokemon.

Yeah idk that's just what i think.
    I liked how the HG/SS post-National Dex gym leaders have Pokemon from different regions, so I decided to give the Unova gym leaders the older Pokemon.

I wanted Drayden and Iris to have different Pokemon to make things more interesting (giving Drayden the more intimidating Dragon Pokemon and Iris the "cuter" ones). The reason why I gave them Gyarados and Milotic respectively is because both Pokemon are counterparts to one another and have dragon-like characteristics.

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
  • Those sound more like post nation dex teams than teams they would have in their first battle.
    I think Iris should have the three headed dragon but that would mean three people would have it (her, N's father, and the Champ)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Those sound more like post nation dex teams than teams they would have in their first battle.
    I think Iris should have the three headed dragon but that would mean three people would have it (her, N's father, and the Champ)

They're suppose to be rematch teams, aka post-national dex teams. :)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I think rematches should be included, since Emerald and Platinum had them (oh, and don't forget HGSS.) Is GF deliberately making inferior versions in order to make the third version sell more?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they do...or maybe the third version is just a chance to try out new things they might not have thought of if they had put rematches in the duel version and had stopped with that...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's definitely the idea of trying to keep ideas for a third version, it's quite obvious.

As I've said before, I think it's a bit disappointing that they're not trying to be a bit more original with new ideas for a third version. They could have easily put in rematches in these games, and had something more interesting and new for the third version (maybe like triple or rotational battles with gym leaders? Things like that.)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • If they made a third, say, pokemon gray, I would buy it only if it featured a new legendary.
    I'm pretty sure it's going to feature a new Legendary Pokémon; like they did in Pokémon Platinum.

I'd be nice to see a completely different Legendary, with some interesting history behind it and a new Legendary ability. Maybe a a fire-type and dragon-type Pokémon? Just, so it can be unique.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's going to feature a new Legendary Pokémon; like they did in Pokémon Platinum.

I'd be nice to see a completely different Legendary, with some interesting history behind it and a new Legendary ability. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Maybe a a fire-type and dragon-type Pokémon?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Just, so it can be unique.

Spr_5b_643.png

Err...Reshiram?

Or do you mean a pure Fire-type legendary Pokemon and a separate pure Dragon-type legendary? Theoretically, Game Freak could introduce/preview a Generation 6 Pokemon or something, though it's a bit implausible. Still, as long as said possibly-appearing Generation 6 Pokemon is not made catchable, it's a conceivable idea. It would be quite the unprecedented move.

But anyway, it's pretty much a given that Reshiram and its counterparts Zekrom and Kyuremu are returning... :\

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    It's gonna be called Pokemon Puerto R... *Shot*

Pokemon Grey, definitely Pokemon Grey. >.>

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    I say Pokemon Gray with Dragon/Ice as mascot
    Hoping for:
    -Trio battle with first gym & double battle with final gym
    -Gym re battle
    -Able to walk with pokemon upon choice
    -Travel to different regions and battle gyms and catch legends some what like Hg & Ss
    -Battle Frontier

Years
  • Holy cats, this thread is still going?! I haven't been around since last October, and it was already old by then!

Some things I want to see in the third version:
    * More double and triple battles. Please. You don't get your first triple battle until AFTER GYM 5!!!
    * Rematches
    * A healed Kyurem with a full wingspan and the two moves that coders/hackers found
    * A higher ratio of female starter pokemon

And two things which are a long-shot:
    * New pokemon. There are some great ideas in Gen V, but most just aren't taken far enough. Some of these new pokemon desperately need evolved forms. I'm at the 6th gym, and Emolga is already useless. Also, if they want to sell the third version, what about completely new pokemon like an Electric monkey to make the trio into a quartet.
    * Create-a-trainer. Rather than using the male or the female sprite, for goodness' sakes, let us design our own character already.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Holy cats, this thread is still going?! I haven't been around since last October, and it was already old by then!

Some things I want to see in the third version:
    * More double and triple battles. Please. You don't get your first triple battle until AFTER GYM 5!!!
    * Rematches
    * A healed Kyurem with a full wingspan and the two moves that coders/hackers found
    * A higher ratio of female starter pokemon

And two things which are a long-shot:
    * New pokemon. There are some great ideas in Gen V, but most just aren't taken far enough. Some of these new pokemon desperately need evolved forms. I'm at the 6th gym, and Emolga is already useless. Also, if they want to sell the third version, what about completely new pokemon like an Electric monkey to make the trio into a quartet.
    * Create-a-trainer. Rather than using the male or the female sprite, for goodness' sakes, let us design our own character already.
    It's Impossible for them to make more Pokemon , but there will be new forms.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Headbutt trees.

Night/Day appearance rates, changes, and exclusivities.

Berry planting spots.

Move Tutour for lost TMs.

VS Seeker (or Xtransceiver calls with image conversations)

Level 100 WiFi battles.

More Rotation / Triple battles (these are fun as Hell - four & one per game is ridiculous)

More Double battles.

Create-a-Trainer would be cool. There also needs to be more distinguishable differences between Male/Female Pokemon, because other than Jellicent and Unfezant, I don't see any.

Whoever said Emolga is useless, I sweep with that thing all the time. It's great without a held item (Acrobatics) and gets STAB from it, too. Can't say "no" to that.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • I say Pokemon Gray with Dragon/Ice as mascot
    Hoping for:
    -Trio battle with first gym & double battle with final gym
    -Gym re battle
    -Able to walk with pokemon upon choice
    -Travel to different regions and battle gyms and catch legends some what like Hg & Ss
    -Battle Frontier

Errrrrrrrr.... They already made a dragon-ice...Kyreum..
    How about a victini themed version?

Years
  • APPARENTLY CAN'T POST PICTURES CAUSE I NEED 15 POSTS. :disappoin

The image I was going to post was someones work on DevainArt and they created a cover for Pokemon Grey.

I can definitely see this being the cover and name to the third version. (Grey of course, with Kyuremu "cold form")

The creator of that image did an amazing job. Of course, I'd love some originality, but chances are we will end up with the same old "Black + White ... then Grey" sort of thing.

I would love to have the tag along feature again, I miss having pokemon following me :(

And I would love to see more of the rotation battles.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
    Years
  • I didn't like rotation battles oxo

I think they need to bring back more PC boxes. What happened to the 16 that were in SS HG
    I would also like pokemon to walk behind us again
    Some of the sprite animations could be better as well. I found some of them were lame.

But I think part of the reason they didn't have as much is a DS uses a little cartrage. It takes up a lot to hold that much data. Having animated sprites for the whole battle on every pokemon already takes up massive ammounts of space. If they didn't have that I think they could have added a lot more. It's amazing how thoes cartrages work though. All that pokedata on one little chip.

A Victini theme would be fun, but I have a feeling they are going to do something with Kyreum. That and Victini is a wi-fi pokemon, they might not use him because not everyone has him. It's going out on a limb but they MIGTH do some more with Zoroark. I think it was a big hype at first, then when he really didn't have much importance became a big let down. I personaly expected more of Zoroark. Just my personal opinion anyways.

Last edited:

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Well honestly I don't think it's going to be Grey... I mean normally they go with a totally different name for the 3rd game. For example Diamond and Pearl are both gemstone kind of things while Platinum happens to be a Metal. Same with Gold and Silver both being metals and Crystal being just that, a crystal. Nobody better mention Emerald and crap or I shall punt you into the outer regions of space. Oh, and to me Grey seems awfully, uhm, unattractive? I really would like to see more of the Triple/Rotation battles in the 3rd game, because I believe I only did one Rotation Battle the WHOLE game so far. I was really looking forward to them too. :/ I'm TM hunting and am done with the game for the most part. So that just says how rare those Triple Battles are.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I'd assume "Pokemon Grey" that would be a combination of B/W.

The pattern would make sense as first it was D/P then Platinum which combined both of them. Then after Grey maybe a new generation or a remake of honenn region

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back