• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • There's a piece of evidence in BW that, to me, suggests that you may be able to travel to Sinnoh in Gray. After beating Cynthia for the first time, when you go back to her house and talk to Skyla, she says that her cargo plane could easily travel to Sinnoh. Perhaps you'll be able to take advantage of that fact in the post-game of Gray.
    One would need a reason to do so though...I hope it's to find Ghetsis and make him pay for his crimes...hopefully though after a rebattle against his level 70-80 something pokemon...
    Also one might be able to get Creation trio like this instead of having to rely on the Poketransfer ^_^

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    bw only used about 25% of what the cartridge could use. imo!!!

It used 200MB of a 256MB cartridge. The only thing larger is a 512MB cartridge used for just one DS game to date (possibly ever) and likely results in higher production costs per cart not to mention setting up production on a new cart instead of the same stock of 256MB ROMs lying about.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    1. I think trainers should have different dialog depending on how you do in battle. For example we all have experience with that one gym leader we lost to many times right, so instead of talking like its our first time battling i would like it if they acknowledge that we have been there before. And for trainer battles lets say you beat them with one pokemon they could respond with like a .... ..... ....wow.... ....your strong (dragon ball z talk) but if you just beat them barely they could respond like that battle was amazing but next time ill win, (or something like that). Each type of trainer could have a different response depending on there personality.

2. I think certain trainers and gym leaders should be able to move around instead of standing in the exact same place all the time. I think it would be cool to see a trainer you beaten in like route 3, at route 12 just going about his business .

3. I would like your x transceiver to work like the pokegear so people can call you up for rematches and other things.

4. I see no reason it shouldnt be on the 3ds

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Last edited:

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • While I definitely believe that Kyurem will be the 3rd game mascot and master of the Tao Trio, it's unlikely, but possible that the above moves speculated for Kyurem could be event-only moves, similar to Victini and V-Create.

Of course, due to the nature of the attacks Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, there's definitely a large hint as to being related to Reshiram and Zekrom.

I'm still hoping the 3rd Version will hit the 3DS, seeing as 3D models have been made of the new Unova Pokemon (Ignoring the unpractical large sizes they are in the Pokedex 3D for a battling sprite) and the DS is starting to bite the dust (As with most consoles at some point or another).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • While I definitely believe that Kyurem will be the 3rd game mascot and master of the Tao Trio, it's unlikely, but possible that the above moves speculated for Kyurem could be event-only moves, similar to Victini and V-Create.

I was thinking that too. What I'm thinking is they're either gonna be event-only moves, or Kyurem will learn them at level 100. I think the latter is more likely because right now, Reshiram and Zekrom learn signature moves at level 100, but Kyurem learns his last move, Hyper Voice, at level 92.

EDIT: One thing I think would be cool would be an event Reshiram knowing Ice Burn, and an event Zekrom knowing Freeze Shock.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    3rd Game: Pokemon Grey
    New Features: Weather is animated throughout battle
    New Evolutions for older pokemon
    Bring back time machine(for new evolutions)
    Gary will be the 7th Gym Leader(All Types of Pokemon)
    N will be hidden in the Challengers Cave after you beat the Elite 4/Champion twice
    Ghetis will return with Dialga,Palkia,and Gyratina as a national trio of roaming pokemon

Seppie

PokéMyths - August 2011
    Years
  • The third game will probably something no one even mentions on this forum... With an entirely new Pokémon made just for the sole purpose of being the mascot.

However, my money is on something outrageous. Like... Pokémon Pink or Pokémon Orange.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    It would be nice to visit a secret land after you beat the Elite Four that's whole of Pokemon from the Hoenn region, It will be near Mossdoop City but the rest of region will be blocked off apart from the Elite Four who will have pokemon above Level 80 :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • 3rd Game: Pokemon Grey
    N will be hidden in the Challengers Cave after you beat the Elite 4/Champion twice
    Ghetis will return with Dialga,Palkia,and Gyratina as a national trio of roaming pokemon

I'm sorry but the only thing that will happen in this is the name. \: Removing the weather animation was a good move to make. 3rd Games don't bring new Pokemon, they can bring new Form's but not evolution for old Pokemon. Why bring the time machine back? We can already transfer Pokemon from 4th Generation over to the 5th Generation. Lol no. Although it won't happen, but why the 7th? Meh, maybe. Um, I doubt it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    There needs to be a battle frontier like thing so that there's actually something to do post game! With that we can also get move tutors to teach you other moves. I really want my Golurk to be able to do a Thunder Punch!

I love Caitlin and I want to be able to see her more easily, so since she is such a sleepy lil boss, she should get out of the Elite 4 and go run the battle frontier. Have someone replace her and promote Drayden to the Champion and Iris to a solo Gym Leader.

The idea of the plane cutscene is amazing! I suggest using it as a platform for more wifi/post game events. For example like a wifi event allows you to fly to some small island to catch some rare exclusive pokemon with special skills or something.

The suggestion for gym leader minigames is also fantastic! What I liked about BW is that the gym leaders actually have more of a storyline now so it'll be fantastic if they can take that to the next level.

Nimbasa can also afford to have some minigames so that it's actually a proper entertainment complex.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    i know right.. it would be fun to do so in a mini game after you beat the gym. otherwise its such a waste of space. like you can't do anything with it after you are done with the gym battle.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • The third game will probably something no one even mentions on this forum... With an entirely new Pokémon made just for the sole purpose of being the mascot.

Can't entirely put this one off, considering the God's Stone (See This List for ingame details of the item) item could relate to the Original Dragon that Reshiram of Zekrom came from.

Although some people believe that Kyurem is what's left of that dragon anyways. In that case, the entire "Reshiram and Zekrom splitting from the Original Dragon" event could occur in this game, leaving Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem to all be catchable, something not unusual in a 3rd game.

Ugh, speculation, why do you give me such outlandish thoughts? >.>

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Boy, can you guys imagine if we actually got a brand new Pokemon as a mascot? It'd be a total break from the tradition, and totally awesome. The combination of all the dragons would be cool to see, but I still don't think we'll see it. If anything, perhaps a small depiction of it, in some way. Doubt we'll see it in sprite-form or any sort of detailed image of it (in game that is.)

I see no reason for GF to not do this, really. Unless, of course, they already have a whole thing planned out with the current monsters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd love a new Pokemon as the mascot ;__;

A COMBINATION OF RESHIRAM ZEKROM AND KYUREM. Despite Kyurem being a combo of them but whatevs.

Anyway, I'd also like you know that cave on route 3, Wellspring iirc, yeah, I want that to be closed up initially and to actually confront Team Plasma somewhere else, then with Wellspring having some greater point at the end. It just seems like a waste of cave as it is now. :(

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • 3rd Game: Pokemon Grey

Pokemon Gray is a cool name, Weather also. New evos?? They setted Boufallant not the PRE-EVO of Tauros. At Daycare Boufallant Tauros? No N-Pokedex.
    ??? Time Machine ???
    OMG! He must be the champion
    What? N?? Challenger Cave??
    Ghettsis returning? Legendaries
    bad idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back