• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Guys, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!, stop saying that the mascot is a Pokemon other than Kyurem, It's obvious that it's Kyurem, the battle theme of it is the same as Reshiram and Zekrom, also the god stone has to do something with kyurem, and there's other hints.

It's more fun to search for hints to something that's very unlikely than to repeat "It's going to be Kyurem" over and over again. Chill.

It's already been confirmed. An interview with one of the creators, designers or whatever confirmed that N's name would be revealed in the third game, and more. So it's definately coming.

I've never heard of this N thing, could you link to the interview?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It's already been confirmed. An interview with one of the creators, designers or whatever confirmed that N's name would be revealed in the third game, and more. So it's definitely coming.
    Source?

N's name?
    What will it be then. Nintendo?

Lol, i always thought N represents Nintendo.
    I kind of doubt Gamefreak would go as far as too name him after a video game system. Maybe his real name doesn't start with N and N is his codename. Nintendo Harmonia I guess it could work, but I'm not seeing it.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years

• People are still free to speculate however they wish, though. For example, think back to generation 2, it wasn't really expected that the mascot would be Suicune, was it? Sure there was no other "main" legendary, but still, the same thing can apply to now. Anything can happen for the third game including a legendary that isn't Kyurem.
    The reason that Suicune is the mascot of Crystal because Ho-oh and lugia doesn't have a third Pokemon that's
    similar or something has to do with it to them, so they had to choose a Pokemon from the legendary beasts.

Last edited:

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Just throwing this out there, cuz I just noticed this.

All 3 of the dragon trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem) learn Fly. I knew the first two get it, but now that I know Kyurem gets it too, hmmm... yet another connection they have. So further evidence in favor of a Kyurem mascot.

BUT WAIT! Volcarona gets it, too... Oh man!

It sure is interesting how many non-flying types learn Fly in the Unova region. :)

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't there already a Pokemon Grey? I mean I doubt Game Freak will try to market a game as "Grey version" as opposed to a more regal-sounding name like... Platinum... Or Silver... Or SoulSilver...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to the 3rd game to B/W. I loved Platinum alot more than D/P so I assume I will love "Grey" just as much more, hopefully they will include Gym Rematches and other useful features (VS. Seeker)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • The N name thing was said after the Japanese launch of BW I think. But I definitely remember it. It was on Pokejungle anyway. Looking through fake rumors, good time :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I suddenly fear another Anime spoof for the 5th Generation 3rd game.

Why? Pokemon Yellow. Red and Blue made Pokemon. Black and White are resetting Pokemon. Third game to the first set was an Anime spoof. They are pushing a lot of focus on the anime again. Or atleast more than they have since D/P and R/S/E series.

As for Kyurem. It hasn't been stated offically that he is in fact in a Trio. So there is still the chance that if he were involved he would not be related to Reshiram and Zekrom at all. I believe the common idea involving these are N tries to awaken Kyurem Player gets Zek/Reshi.

But what if Kyurem is awakened and goes on a rampage. N, being the protector of Pokemon that he is, seeks to subdue Kyurem with your aim, together you awaken one of the two Dragons for yourselves (maybe dependent on gender or you two can awaken both to protect Unova) Kyurem is weakened enough for normal battle, where you/N can catch it.

Reshi/Zek disappear and N says something about searching for them. You then get to search for them or continue with the badges until you are forced to search for them. You get to choose which one you want to capture and N catches the other. Normal story follows.

Only issue I can see is Kyurem not being where he's supposed to be. Lancousa is the only town he attacks and he never comes that far out anyway. So why would he leave the chasm before you can access the area.

I highly doubt we'd get to travel to Lancousa before meeting with the Elite Four cause route travel always stays the same in the 3rd's.

Years
  • Only issue I can see is Kyurem not being where he's supposed to be. Lancousa is the only town he attacks and he never comes that far out anyway. So why would he leave the chasm before you can access the area.

I highly doubt we'd get to travel to Lancousa before meeting with the Elite Four cause route travel always stays the same in the 3rd's.

The answer to that issue, my friend, is Team Plasma.

Also, why couldnt you have someone fly you into the town, and then have city officials block all borders so you are stuck in there to, yaknow, continue the storyline?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Only issue I can see is Kyurem not being where he's supposed to be. Lancousa is the only town he attacks and he never comes that far out anyway. So why would he leave the chasm before you can access the area.

This is a very good point. Not only would you not be allowed to Lacunosa yet because of that, but because that area has previous gen Pokemon, which aren't supposed to be introduced yet. If Kyurem is part of the story, with no way to get to the Giant Chasm yet, would they just ignore his cave entirely? It's possible that the way the cave is situated (unable to get to it if Kyurem isn't there to make it snow), that they intended to move him in the third game and didn't want to leave an empty cave to explore needlessly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Why not go reverse order? Like move / swap Opelucid so it's closer to where Laconusa is, and then you start off going right of Nimbasa, not left, and challenge different gym leaders--okay nevermind that's too complicated, or at least consider relocating leaders? :x

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I suddenly fear another Anime spoof for the 5th Generation 3rd game.

Why? Pokemon Yellow. Red and Blue made Pokemon. Black and White are resetting Pokemon. Third game to the first set was an Anime spoof. They are pushing a lot of focus on the anime again. Or atleast more than they have since D/P and R/S/E series.

If they are going to have the 3rd Game more like the anime then it would seem more fitting to replace Cheren with Trip and I don't see that happening. In the first generation Blue was the counterpart to Gary whereas Trip doesn't have one so I don't see it happening from a rival stand point. Also what pokemon would they use Axew, Oshawott? Cause those seem to be the feature pokemon in Best Wishes thus far and I don't see them as Mascot Material.

And wasn't Giratina area Turnback Cave post Elite 4 area in DP? Then in Platinum they worked Distortion World into the storyline thus you encounter Giratina as apart of the story. The same thing could apply to Kyurem, I am sure if they want to work Kyurem into the story they will find a way.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • As much as I never listen to Nintendo, they did make it clear they didn't want to make a third game for this generation. I actually hope it's true cause then they need to do -something else- and I would -love- a Hoenn remake..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    As much as I never listen to Nintendo, they did make it clear they didn't want to make a third game for this generation. I actually hope it's true cause then they need to do -something else- and I would -love- a Hoenn remake..

Clear where? People like to say this when they have no source as to Nintendo actually saying it.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Maybe was a comment about not wanting a third for Unova?
    Maybe the third will be a Hoenn, meaning Hoenn will not be split in two?

Thought it was a Sugimori or Game freak or the pokemon Company spokesman said such...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Every generation has had a third game so far, so I wouldn't put it past them if they made another. But if they don't end up making one like Simmy93 said they wouldn't, then whatever.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    99% sure it's in reference to months back when someone who worked on Black and White mentioned that there won't be a third game and that Black and White have been created to tie up perfectly, however, about a month later, Sugimori I believe (or another big name) mentioned that the original statement was false but didn't confirm that a third game was being developed. However, due to him pretty much throwing that statement out of the water, there's still a high chance of the third game, though I do think it won't be anytime this year at least.

Thoughhhhh I'm pretty sure they didn't say third for Unova and rather third for Black and White @ what the other poster said. But hey we could get double regions third game. Plus if it's a "third" for Hoenn wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a Black and White third game? Cause then discussing that wouldn't belong here. :3

Aeonz361

Army of 1
    Years
  • I think it's gonna be name, Pokemon Grey. It's always been like that. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. They're going to follow suit with their other generations...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back