• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just merged the two threads on this discussion :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There is no way for Game freak or Nintendo to add on to these two games and keep the initial meaning.

Black and White are made to be TWO GAMES ONLY. Ying and Yang are only two colors. If anything these will act like Gold and Silver. Two main Legendaries headlining it and if a third game is produced (This one hasn't even been released yet, why are we rushing into the third game already?) then it won't have anything to do with the main series unless it combines the two games like Emerald and Platinum did with some non-discrepant minor Legendary introduced in Black and White.

OR it goes the Yellow and Crystal route and just Copy Pastas part of the main game's mechanics and stays away from Black and White leaving their delicate balance alone. Meaning this will litterally be a third game that can stand on its own and NOT a combination of the two to cheaply reproduce the games in a sad attempt to make it better.

The Second seems more possible because of White Forest and Black City. Two areas that are signature to those games only.

I'm hoping there is no third game, or if there is it has nothing to do with the current story being developed.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    There is no way for Game freak or Nintendo to add on to these two games and keep the initial meaning.

Black and White are made to be TWO GAMES ONLY. Ying and Yang are only two colors. If anything these will act like Gold and Silver. Two main Legendaries headlining it and if a third game is produced (This one hasn't even been released yet, why are we rushing into the third game already?) then it won't have anything to do with the main series unless it combines the two games like Emerald and Platinum did with some non-discrepant minor Legendary introduced in Black and White.

OR it goes the Yellow and Crystal route and just Copy Pastas part of the main game's mechanics and stays away from Black and White leaving their delicate balance alone. Meaning this will litterally be a third game that can stand on its own and NOT a combination of the two to cheaply reproduce the games in a sad attempt to make it better.

The Second seems more possible because of White Forest and Black City. Two areas that are signature to those games only.

I'm hoping there is no third game, or if there is it has nothing to do with the current story being developed.

That's what people said about Ruby and Sapphire. Oh, and Diamond and Pearl.

Everytime people say that they're wrong. Ever since the first generation, there have been two games released, then awhile later a third installment.

I am bookmarking your name so when it's announced I can say "I told you so! :D"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's what people said about Ruby and Sapphire. Oh, and Diamond and Pearl.

Everytime people say that they're wrong. Ever since the first generation, there have been two games released, then awhile later a third installment.

I am bookmarking your name so when it's announced I can say "I told you so! :D"
    Ruby and Sapphire had a Third Legendary that wasn't used but played a pivitol role in the back story. The same in Diamond and Pearl. Those two games were designed to have THREE main legends. Red and Blue were designed with three games, one for each starter. Red, Green, and Blue. Yellow is the fourth in that series and is based after the Anime. Yellow was more of a Fan addition whose story line was different from Red and Blue.

Gold and Silver had two main Legends and that was it. Crystal wasn't related to either of them story wise as it centered around Suicune, a lesser Legendary that seemed to get the luck of the draw in being picked to head line a game.

As said before, Ruby and Sapphire was about Groudon and Kyogre respectively. But THEY have a Third Equal, Rayquaza who ended up getting his own game by combining Ruby and Sapphire's story lines.

Diamond and Pearl ALSO had a third Pokemon that tied into the main set. Diamond had Dialga, Time. Pearl had Palkia, Space. Platinum gave Giratina its time to shine who represents Dimension and worked as a balancer between Time and Space. Platinum was once again a Copy Pasta of the two story lines into one, even though Pearl and Platinum had One single story line to begin with.

Black and White is centered around Reshrim and Zerkom who are Ying and Yang Pokemon. There is only two things in this. IF they make a third, it would have to be outside of these two OR these two together in the same story. Which raises issues with items they have in the individual games, namely White Forest and Black City.

Learning from fact, a third may be immanent. I'm saying that They left no room for a third Legend UNLESS the introduce one before the release of Black and White or show us something afterwards. The two before that hosted three showed all of them together. And they were all shown to be in game.

Unless Vicitini is the Third head liner, our highly expected third game is going to be some lesser Legendary like Suicune with no tie ins between the story or a merger with no main legend.

EDIT: What I want to say: WHY are we discussing a game that won't be out for at least another two years?

nSpire

#1 Liz Thompson fanboy <3
    Years
    POKEMON RAINBOW.

THE AWESOMEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE.

Yeah, that's probably it, have a colorful cover and a seizure like pokemon that's attacks are based on colors making it flash all the time like a midnight rave.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I want to know how you think the games aren't meant to have three legends when we know nothing about the legendary storyline of the Isshu region, and we don't even have half the Pokémon revealed yet.

And Zekrom and Reshiram have never been confirmed to represent Yin and Yang. That is just a rumor. So if you're going to use that as an actual point, go to the Rumors Thread.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I want to know how you think the games aren't meant to have three legends when we know nothing about the legendary storyline of the Isshu region, and we don't even have half the Pokémon revealed yet.

And Zekrom and Reshiram have never been confirmed to represent Yin and Yang. That is just a rumor. So if you're going to use that as an actual point, go to the Rumors Thread.

All Sources refer to them as Black Yin and White Yang Pokemon. They've been known as that since their release as far as I remember. There hasn't been an update on these two since their Abilities were revealed, but their Pokemon Species has been the same since they were released. If these weren't confirmed all the sources wouldn't have them known as Black Yin and White Yang.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I completely forgot about that. XD Sorry!

Here is an explanaiton of Yin and Yang:

The Yin/Yang symbol is one of the oldest and best-known life symbols in the world, but few understand its full meaning. It represents one of the most fundamental and profound theories of ancient Taoist philosophy. At its heart are the two poles of existence, which are opposite but complementary. The light, white Yang moving up blends into the dark, black Yin moving down. Yin and Yang are dependent opposing forces that flow in a natural cycle, always seeking balance. Though they are opposing, they are not in opposition to one another. As part of the Tao, they are merely two aspects of a single reality. Each contains the seed of the other, which is why we see a black spot of Yin in the white Yang and vice versa. They do not merely replace each other but actually become each other through the constant flow of the universe.

Maybe the third legendary will be that "Tao".

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Maybe they'll name it something to do with wishes, like the anime is called "best wishes." Or maybe it could some other 2-word thing with the letters B and W, like... Big Wieners. Sorry for the horrible example, its the first thing I thought of thatat least made a little sense. What about Pokemon: Badly Washed? No? There's also calling it Plasma version.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    The Yin/Yang Theory. Complex yet understand to a point for philosophical people. I wonder how they're going to implement this into the third game though? I guess it could be something like D/P/P with Time and Space, with Giratina being the balance between those two I guess? So acknowledging this, it would make sense of the third legendary was the "Tao" that kept the balance between things(if I'm interpreting the Ying/Yang theory correctly).
    i'm really hope they don't put in a third legendary for balance because
    a. we've basically have had it twice now. rayquaza for rse, giratina for dppt. bw is meant to be a reboot to the pokemon series, they shouldn't go back to the same formula.
    b. yin and yang are the balance, meaning that reshiram and zekrom are the balance. we don't need another pokemon to make it even more balanced or join them together. it seems rather pointless.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    i'm really hope they don't put in a third legendary for balance because
    a. we've basically have had it twice now. rayquaza for rse, giratina for dppt. bw is meant to be a reboot to the pokemon series, they shouldn't go back to the same formula.
    b. yin and yang are the balance, meaning that reshiram and zekrom are the balance. we don't need another pokemon to make it even more balanced or join them together. it seems rather pointless.

You're right. I hope they do like G/S/C where the third one is just a symbolic Pokemon of the region becuase there are only 2 main legendaries.

Years
    Surprised noone thought about the third installment mascot being a pokemon that breaks the balance. One that completely opposses balance and brings chaos lol.

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
    I think there is no way they would make pokemon gray/grey because it sounds boring and would be extra work to translate it for both US and PAL separately.

They would make it something good, I'm sure. They have a whole team of Japanese-expert-people to think of it.

If they do make a third version, I want them to bring back walking with your Pokemon because I'm going to miss that :(

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    yeah grey sounds dumb, I have a feeling it is not gonna be a color at all, probably something universal, possibly connected to yin-yang (actually black and white are not even considered colors)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back