• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Black + White paint = Grey.

Correct? It's only natural it would be gray. Shoot me if I am incorrect when they decide to announce it... but vampires cannot be shot until they die.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    Personally, I don't think they should add third games anymore. From what I've heard, there's a lot of features in B&W. The third games used to operate off the basis that they had something the other 2 games didn't. But I think it'll end up like HGSS; they won't make a 3rd game because there was nothing really more to add. They'd just be remaking the same thing, with no real improvements.

Then again, there's always that possibility. Time will tell.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Since my previous post was deleted, I'll take the opportunity to ask this;

How do you know there's going to be a third version? Sure, every other generation that had a remake had a third version, but every other generation also had their own handheld systems.

If the third version is being made though(most likely, since Game Freak knows how to milk their audience for every penny), then my money is going on Pokemon Grey/Gray since Pokemon Latino edition seems unlikely.

bossman2

Gym Leader Dominic, Jamsa reg.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    i think its going to be grey or rainbow but rainbow would cover the entire spectrum so that most games could not be produced with a name. All of the color names could be already taken!

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
    I have a feeling the 3rd title could be a 3DS exclusive, so it could be called Pokemon 3-D, as it being the 3rd game and in 3D??

D3r Schatten

shiny collector
    Years
    Yeah the games new names might be changed to Dusk & Dawn, other names ight offend people, so the third game could be Twilight

tht makes a lot more sense because i sense lawsuits with the whole "it's rascist!" deal, duck and dawn might work but also maybe sun and moon, moon being the darkness and sun well, being the light (duh) lol, who knows it's japanese people it might be pokemon pownage and pokemon ownage for all we know :P but there will be a third game like all the others, there always has been one with the exception of the remakes like fire red leaf green soulsilver and heartgold. but ten again there may always be a remake of crystal.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    if b&w dont have the follow featire, 3rd game will.

tht makes a lot more sense because i sense lawsuits with the whole "it's rascist!" deal, duck and dawn might work but also maybe sun and moon, moon being the darkness and sun well, being the light (duh) lol, who knows it's japanese people it might be pokemon pownage and pokemon ownage for all we know :P but there will be a third game like all the others, there always has been one with the exception of the remakes like fire red leaf green soulsilver and heartgold. but ten again there may always be a remake of crystal.

probably the same soccer moms who got rid of coin slots. they think its gonna turn theyre kids into nazis & panthers

stickdynasty

Ruler of the Stick People
    Years
    i think the third game will be something yellow.
    not a lot of logic behind it but here it is:
    Red Blue Green Yellow
    Ruby sapphire emerald (nothing)
    (same colors, except, you guessed it)
    then

Gold Silver Crystal
    Diamond Pearl Platinum
    (precious stones/metals)

which only leaves yellow. Even though there is no logic you can still hold me to it that the game's name will relate to something yellow. (citrine maybe)

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    In relation to the names mentioned a few posts back, I was actually thinking about them tonight and by process of elimination, I actually now think the third game name will be Opal.

I think it just relates to the G/S/C pattern in relation to D/P/Pt, which are the game names with opposing names, in other words, it should match up like Gold/Silver/Platinum and Diamond/Pearl/Crystal. Then I look at R/B/Y and R/S/E, which actually match up as per their previous two games. Because of these two patterns, B/W is the 5th, and the odd one out. (Also notice how the matching names pattern were set at the same time). This means Black and White, both colours, should best match up with something that relates less to the other generations. The two it followed - with "neutral" colours, like Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver, etc, being...idk lightish, not really on the colour spectrum (Uh, unsure how to describe it), and the fact that these are Black and White, being neutral colours, too... suggests that the third game won't follow the pattern of matching up colours with colours, or gems with gems and instead a colour that contrasts the two, well, combines them. Opal is sort of like a whiteish colour, which can also be seen to be sort of misty, together that could be the combination of Black and White. Due to this, I believe there will be a grey legendary within B/W that people will be all like "omg new game is gray/grey", when they'll overlook the fact that in B/W, the title legendaries were contrasting, not complimentary colours (well, I think that's what I mean at least), but yeah, logically the third game will be named Opal.

Then again, this is just my theory, so yeah.

I love how everyone ignored a well thought out, intelligent post with reasoning and an attempt at logic. Instead I just read a stream of "Grey/Gray cause Black + White = Grey/Gray"

I'm all for this, if it is Opal I will personally write a nice Visitors Message explaining that you're great.

I want the third version to be called "Re(a)d All Over".

Sounds like someone's been reading too many Penguin wrappers...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    For one thing, how will the third version take care of the recently announced version exclusive locations Black City and White Forest? Will it have both or will it have a new location altogether....

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    So Fire [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. Electricity [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. What else [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights[/S-HIGHLIGHT]? Maybe [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT] itself. So our first [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Type? [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT]/Dragon? Or perhaps we'll have the opposite, Darkness. A Dark/Dragon third Legendary for the 3rd Game? And since there's no [S-HIGHLIGHT]Light[/S-HIGHLIGHT], or perhaps some, or the whole place will be Dark, maybe Grey? Pokemon Grey. Then again, it's Future and Past. What's in between? Now...

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    For one thing, how will the third version take care of the recently announced version exclusive locations Black City and White Forest? Will it have both or will it have a new location altogether....

What I'm thinking is whatever they do in the Anime / Manga, they'll do in the third installment.

I'm thinking the third game will either be Grey or Chrome.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    What is WITH this 'if they do make a third game'?! Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all sold very well. Why would they stop? It makes them money. They like as much money as they can get. Do the math.

When it comes to the third game. Grey is possible. Clear? No. Just no. Copper, chrome and bronze might have a chance too. (And before you say anything about that. Gold, Silver, and Crystal/Diamond, Pearl and Platinum may SOUND right. But, if we were naming these the logical way it would be Gold Silver and Platinum/Diamond Pearl and Crystal. Who ever said B&W will be like RSE and RBY?)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Gold, Silver and Crystal and Diamond, Pearl and Platinum have more in common with each other then Black, White and some arbitrary metal do. If you believe that then you might as well think the next version will be Forest Version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back