• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A few things. Greninja is in fact a mega.

Joe Merrick on Twitter said this:

" Alan says to Ash that Greninja is a mega that was able to evolve because of it's strong bond with Ash. Because of such a strong bond, no stone of key stone was needed."

My guess is Pokemon amie will give us megas for the Kalos Starters.

Also I wouldn't expect a direct this month. I could be wrong but I don't find it likely. Nintendo has show off way to many things about their games on Twitter lately.
    Smash Bros, Fire emblem, Twilight Princess HD. All of these would get major screen time in a direct, yet they've been showing off and confirming things for all of them, just through twitter.

I don't think a direct will come for awhile.

As For Z, I find it 90% likely that corocoro will showcase Z, and probably primal volcanion.

However, I predict a few days before coro coro leaks, they will put up a 15 second teaser announcing pokemon Z that shows it's logo, much like how ORAS was first announced. Then CoroCoro will showcase the first actual details of the Z, which will be updated to a video later, much like the XY period.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well it is the 20th anniversary now, so if they're planning on releasing any major games for the year then they'd better start announcing them soon. It's usually around the beginning of the year we see the game announcements, Black 2/White 2 were February 2012 and X & Y were January 2013. Since we had no main series game in 2015, I'd put money on there being some sort of third game this year with a release towards the later half of 2016.
    Not always. Platinum and OrAs were announced in May. Emerald apparently was announced in July according to someone on Twitter...And as that twitter person said (I too said this in the old thread), the third game (or Sequels in the case of Gen V) usually comes out close to it's announcement like B2W2 & Pt coming out four months after their announcement, and Emerald which came out in September.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I hope we get a third version... the third usually allows you to nab the previous mascots that were exclusive in each other's version. Ruby had Groudon, Sapphire had Kyogre but Emerald had BOTH. Same with Dialga and Palkia when both of them were available in Platinum. Hopefully if we get a third Kalos game, probably we'll be able to get both Xerneas and Yveltal in the same version.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Detective Pikachu was announced in late 2013 and released in 2016. Hmmm, hopefully they can make more clothes for character customization and have more choices than Pokemon X and Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020

" Alan says to Ash that Greninja is a mega that was able to evolve because of it's strong bond with Ash. Because of such a strong bond, no stone of key stone was needed."

My guess is Pokemon amie will give us megas for the Kalos Starters.

Also I wouldn't expect a direct this month. I could be wrong but I don't find it likely. Nintendo has show off way to many things about their games on Twitter lately.
    Smash Bros, Fire emblem, Twilight Princess HD. All of these would get major screen time in a direct, yet they've been showing off and confirming things for all of them, just through twitter.

As For Z, I find it 90% likely that corocoro will showcase Z, and probably primal volcanion.

However, I predict a few days before coro coro leaks, they will put up a 15 second teaser announcing pokemon Z that shows it's logo, much like how ORAS was first announced. Then CoroCoro will showcase the first actual details of the Z, which will be updated to a video later, much like the XY period.

Yes could be but Ash Greninja gets another 90 or 100 points to the total base stats. Here could be Mega Delphox which has Serena and Mega Chesnaught with Clemont. Since, I know Clemont has Chespin in the amines.

Primal Volcanion might work like Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon and Volcanion would be in blue I think.

Serebii got the Corocoro leaking Pokemon Z date wrong, I think.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yes could be but Ash Greninja gets another 90 or 100 points to the total base stats. Here could be Mega Delphox which has Serena and Mega Chesnaught with Clemont. Since, I know Clemont has Chespin in the amines.

Primal Volcanion might work like Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon and Volcanion would be in blue I think.

Serebii got the Corocoro leaking Pokemon Z date wrong, I think.

True, we could see the other two later. Maybe in the games the megas for the kalos starts would take inspiration form your character somehow? Unlikely but who knows. I still think Clemont Chestnaught, and Serena Delphox are possible. Especially since ORAS hints that they want the anime and games to be somewhat canon to eachother.

What do you mean in regards to the Serebii being wrong on CoroCoro leaking Z?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think something needs cleared up a little bit...

Serebii said that this month's CoroCoro is supposed to have a "World Exclusive Scoop Poster" and a "major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie". Nothing was specifically said about "Z" being revealed.

Years
  • I think something needs cleared up a little bit...

Serebii said that this month's CoroCoro is supposed to have a "World Exclusive Scoop Poster" and a "major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie". Nothing was specifically said about "Z" being revealed.
    I'm surprised that despite how many of us have tried to clear this up (not to mention the multiple times) , that there is still misinformation about the next Cococoro issue.

We can still have an announcement this month, but it won't be coming directly from Corocoro. I'm hoping for a B2W2 scenerio.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    True, we could see the other two later. Maybe in the games the megas for the kalos starts would take inspiration form your character somehow? Unlikely but who knows. I still think Clemont Chestnaught, and Serena Delphox are possible. Especially since ORAS hints that they want the anime and games to be somewhat canon to eachother.

What do you mean in regards to the Serebii being wrong on CoroCoro leaking Z?

I think Serebii said that Pokemon Z maybe just an amine but Corocoro has not leaked the release date so that people can enjoy other pokemon games.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think something needs cleared up a little bit...

Don't worry, ORAS and I have already cleared that part. ;)

I already said it's anime/movie related, so yes don't expect too much from the said event.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024

if thats the case, what was with that "once in a 1000 years" crap and why dose it evolve into an ash hybrid? also if an extremely strong bond is all thats needed ash's charizard should have mega evolved a long time ago and diancie must have been really freaking lonely, despite having all those menservants carbinks around.
    doesn't really explain how that mewtwo could mega evolve & shift back at will either, giving how it hates humans.
    also, just because allan says its mega evolution dose not make it a mega evolution. he probably would have called primal reversion mega evolution if it hadn't been explained to him prior that it was not.
    an educated guess is not a conformation, not matter how much the one who made the guess believes it to be so, it dose not make it so.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    if thats the case, what was with that "once in a 1000 years" crap and why dose it evolve into an ash hybrid? also if an extremely strong bond is all thats needed ash's charizard should have mega evolved a long time ago and diancie must have been really freaking lonely, despite having all those menservants carbinks around.
    doesn't really explain how that mewtwo could mega evolve & shift back at will either, giving how it hates humans.
    also, just because allan says its mega evolution dose not make it a mega evolution. he probably would have called primal reversion mega evolution if it hadn't been explained to him prior that it was not.
    an educated guess is not a conformation, not matter how much the one who made the guess believes it to be so, it dose not make it so.

- Mewtwo Megas are a major plot hole that I have noticed since playing XY. One can only explain it in a cheap chessy way: We melted Mewtwo's heart or we have special powers that connects us with the savage Mewtwo.

- Ash's Charizard is hello from the Gen I era. There wasn't any form variants at that time, let alone Mega Evolution. Don't forget its species' Mega Evolution is triggered by Mega Stones. So far in games, the only Mega Pokemon who doesn't require a MS is Rayquaza, the Pokemon who m-evolves with the move Dragon Ascent.

- As for Diancie, she was a mutate, not an alternative form of Carbink...

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Nintendo has show off way to many things about their games on Twitter lately.

Well, there's also the reality that after the death of Iwata-san, Directs didn't happen for a while as they needed to figure out what to do with them. It basically took fan revolt to get the most recent Direct, which isn't even that recent at this point.

Years
  • Even though Ash-Greninja hasn't been confirmed to be a Mega, arguing that it isn't one is fairly pointless(in my opinion anyway). If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... It's an alternative type of Mega, but it is a Mega. Until they tell us explicitly exactly what it's called, i'm just going to go ahead and call it a Mega and not get overly hung up on semantics.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This makes me wonder whether if there'll be any other Pokémon carrying these kind of special mega-evolution forms, similarly to Greninja...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • With different variants of Mega Evolution already in existence(Primals and Raquaza's special method of Mega-evolving), I don't see what the problem is with Ash-Greninja being another one of those variants. If a character in the anime confirms that it runs off the same kind of energy, then I'm sure they're closely related somehow. They also both require a strong bond between a Pokemon and a Trainer, so yeah.

Years
  • With different variants of Mega Evolution already in existence(Primals and Raquaza's special method of Mega-evolving), I don't see what the problem is with Ash-Greninja being another one of those variants. If a character in the anime confirms that it runs off the same kind of energy, then I'm sure they're closely related somehow. They also both require a strong bond between a Pokemon and a Trainer, so yeah.
    Except for Primals that is, no bond is connected to those.

I wonder if our Rival would also gget such a form for their starter, it probably won't be rare in the games at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back