• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • I'm not even sure if this would be expecting "too much" but given how similar they made Kalos to Kanto, I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to visit another region for the post game, as a nod to gen 2. I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to revisit Hoenn.
    For all we know, the next game could tie in both XY and ORAS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm honestly hoping for something on the scale of visiting a second region (Like G/S/C/HG/SS). There was so much given to us with the inclusion of Kanto that it made the game seem like you only completed a solid 50% of it when you beat the Elite Four for the first time. Then on top of that you're given the challenge to fight Red, which is pretty damn cool. I'm not saying they should add Hoenn (God I would love this though, even though ORAS came out 1 1/2 years ago) or another old region, but just something to that nature that would give us so much more to do. Hopefully they don't throw in a PWT and expect that willl sate most people for an after game, because that honestly felt like something quick and easy to throw in. After all it only felt like the Battle Tower with nostalgia thrown in the mix (In my opinion at least, and I'm not saying they shouldn't re introduce it, just not have it be a main core factor in the after game).
    It might seem like they wouldn't do it because of the gap between OrAs and 'Z' being short, but then one thinks back to Yellow and GS. GS came out a year (1999) or so (might be slightly less or more than a full 12 month year)after Yellow (1998). In orderwords, it's entirely possible. Maybe then we'll see Wallace as champion, and The BF. Perhaps if one links it to OR/As it'll cause the opposite legendary to appear in Terra Cavern/Marine Cavern (the Emerald caves). Also, maybe a Jirachi event. It could also be Kanto, Gen V might just be an abnormally in it's generational reign (still appears in each systems thus far except for the 3DS) .

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Perhaps they could re-introduce PokéStar Studios. It would give Diantha something to do, at least.

Actually, I'm thinking now that perhaps early on in the Direct, they may show Magearna and reveal its Typing. Then they'd take it from there, with another new Mythical Pokémon reveal and maybe a Mega or a few if the next game is a third version to XY.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I think it's safe to assume that the game will most definitely involve Kalos and Zygrade, as the anime has already expanded upon Zygrade in its entirety. We could also be seeing new Mega Evolutions because of this whole "Ash's Geninja" thing, which might just be an unconfirmed Mega Greninja?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think it's safe to assume that the game will most definitely involve Kalos and Zygrade, as the anime has already expanded upon Zygrade in its entirety. We could also be seeing new Mega Evolutions because of this whole "Ash's Geninja" thing, which might just be an unconfirmed Mega Greninja?

I dunno, I never liked the idea of something so inherently anime-based becoming so major to the games. And if Mega Greninja is based on Ash, does that mean Mega Delphox is gonna be based on Serena, and Mega Chesnaught based on Clemont? It just seems rather silly to me. I'd rather they get Megas that aren't based on anime characters. And if people are that disappointed at the lack of Ash-Greninja, just make it available as a "special" Pokémon similar to the Spiky-Eared Pichu.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps they could re-introduce PokéStar Studios. It would give Diantha something to do, at least.

Actually, I'm thinking now that perhaps early on in the Direct, they may show Magearna and reveal its Typing. Then they'd take it from there, with another new Mythical Pokémon reveal and maybe a Mega or a few if the next game is a third version to XY.
    Or perhaps they'll leave Magearna hanging in the air to raise speculation as to it being an extra Gen 6 mon or Gen 7 like how they treated Sylveon's typing.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I've often wondered...

I know that Zygarde's Pokedex entry says it monitors Kalos' ecosystem, so one would assume it's a Kalos-exclusive Legendary, right? I still strongly feel that we'll have a Zygarde-centered plot, but what if it doesn't just include Kalos?

Meh, forget it. I'm all out of speculative diesel fuel for now. One more day left, and we'll all finally be put out of our misery.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Taking ideas from fans is never a good thing; ORAS happened because of fan demand, and look how that turned out. Not only does it limit a company's creativity, but there's also the issue of lawsuit if a companies in general, not just Game Freak, ever try to use a fan's idea. You just have to pray that one of their ideas they came up with in-house coincides with a fan's idea to avoid any possible lawsuit. The image I showed you about how the three systems parallel with tablets, smartphones, and PC should tell you that NX may not be a fusion but possibly a PC system, which obviously the mainline Pokémon games won't be moving to (only the 3DS's successor).

ORAS was more loved than XY though and you can't assume 3DS will have a successor. You need to not look at it how you want at look the pretty much the facts and the facts so far are NX is taking over The PC connect is just to make access to things like downloads easier since Nintendo is very behind with that. If your expecting a PC system getting ready to be let down. With leaks like NX is expecting a PS4 title and games are being made for it it is obvious a gaming platform and with how poorly Wii U went them fusing a system makes the most sense. The days of a handheld and home console is over and that is the way it should be.

Now it is most likely Z or XY2.
    It's not even a secret anymore.. everyone knows it is it.

Meh not really could be anything tbh. Only reason people are thinking Z or XY2 is that is what we have been given before (3rd versions and sequels) which is a bad way to think. Since we all expected Grey due to getting 3rd versions and we got BW2 over it. So keeping an open mind is for the best since we could get anything. Heck we could get Orre with GF confirming Coli/God as canon. Which I think should be canon since they are jrpgs that do connect with the main series. Even if they were made by a separate company. Idk I just in my mind called them canon for that fact.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    @the thing about having fan input: Idk I think you're both kind of right. On one hand "too many cooks spoil the broth" in that too many ideas are bound to conflict with each other and just create a big mess (and some people have incredibly wack ideas), but on the other hand there's at least a few widely requested features (like HM removal) that would be safe enough to try. Or at least there's a few features that are widely requested to return (Battle Frontier, Vs Seeker, Pokemon following you, character customization, etc) that they might as well try bringing back.

@Nekaku we do have games made by the fans. We just call them ROM Hacks lol

Perhaps they could re-introduce PokéStar Studios. It would give Diantha something to do, at least.
    yes plz

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    @the thing about having fan input: Idk I think you're both kind of right. On one hand "too many cooks spoil the broth" in that too many ideas are bound to conflict with each other and just create a big mess (and some people have incredibly wack ideas), but on the other hand there's at least a few widely requested features (like HM removal) that would be safe enough to try. Or at least there's a few features that are widely requested to return (Battle Frontier, Vs Seeker, Pokemon following you, character customization, etc) that they might as well try bringing back.

@Nekaku we do have games made by the fans. We just call them ROM Hacks lol

yes plz

HM are so annoying at this point and could be replaced by items like an axe to replace cut or a drill to replace strength.

As for rom hacks I feel in a way they are better since they are not afraid to try new things. Like i would love GF to drop the usual formula and see how it goes. Maybe for a game after the first gen game. Heck if Z had no gyms and a new feel to it I would be pumped since it would be fresh. Though we only have 26 hours to get hype,let down or meh. So at this point it is the final hours before the grand reveal.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Just look at the AlphaSapphire Extreme Randomizer. That game is truly amazing. Would rather have had that as remake than the actual OrAs pair we got.
    Like Nah already mentioned, Game Freak should take some demands from the community and put them to work, while still doing their own thing. Hell, they could hold polls after thr games' release to see what should be fixed and what not.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Just look at the AlphaSapphire Extreme Randomizer. That game is truly amazing. Would rather have had that as remake than the actual OrAs pair we got.
    Like Nah already mentioned, Game Freak should take some demands from the community and put them to work, while still doing their own thing. Hell, they could hold polls after thr games' release to see what should be fixed and what not.

TBH the original games are always better than the remakes. Well FR/LG were good with the SEvii Islands

But yeah GF needs to shake things up. Heck most devs take feedback from fans.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    YES! NO Z! Hug Me Brotha!

Joking aside it could be place holder names. Though I guess this means Z is not happening since if it is a place holder why make two if Z was happening. Though if it is not a new gen it makes you wonder since why not XY2

Omg sun and moon? Never expected them to use these names.. Please dont tell me they r skipping gen 6:/

I hope they do and not to bug fans of XY but to prove that we don't need 3rd versions of sequels all the time. In a way I kinda think it is smart since any long running game series has one or two bad games in a series. (Bad as in lacking) Though this could be Kalos 6.5 and maybe Sun and moon is the fall and rise? Like maybe each has a different point of view. One the fall of Kalos years ago and the rise of a new war?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back