• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen This is madness! Rotom the kitchen applince polterqeist attacks

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
    Yes, it's all clever about the whole plasma manipulating machines and such but the thing I don't like is the idea of forms...

*Bangs head on table and cries* WHY?

Deoxys was a nice idea with the forms as it was something new and unique. Girantina's Origin form I decided to like the idea of this new form and thought they've got something right here a multi-form legendary for each generation. Shaymin's Sky form, that's where it went down hill. And now Rotom. *Sighs* They ruined Rotom. They ruined Shaymin.

As for the forms themselves, the Frost form is the best and the Cut form looks mental... I love it. Shame about that Fire one really could've been better but Nintendo had to screw it up.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It's a lawn mower, no..it's a fridge..oh no..it's a washing machine, oh wait..It's a rotom -_-
    I wonder what else Nintendo will do XD.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yes, it's all clever about the whole plasma manipulating machines and such but the thing I don't like is the idea of forms...

*Bangs head on table and cries* WHY?

Deoxys was a nice idea with the forms as it was something new and unique. Girantina's Origin form I decided to like the idea of this new form and thought they've got something right here a multi-form legendary for each generation. Shaymin's Sky form, that's where it went down hill. And now Rotom. *Sighs* They ruined Rotom. They ruined Shaymin.

As for the forms themselves, the Frost form is the best and the Cut form looks mental... I love it. Shame about that Fire one really could've been better but Nintendo had to screw it up.

Even though I'm against any "running out of ideas" thing, I have to agree somewhat with what you've said, burn.

I don't think they've ruined Rotom though, at all. If anything I think it's only boosted it's status among the "wtf is that? o_O" players. (Not to mention, competitive play) Shaymin I agree on, didn't see a need really. But Rotom fits due to it's ability and nature as a destructive household ghost. *shrugs*

As for the forms for me, lawnmower will run all of you over. :B

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    This man speaks the truth.

This just proves my point that the guys who actually come up with the ideas for these new Pokémon just can't lay off the crack.

It really is irrelevant to me whether or not it fits Rotom's type; this is just retarded.

Well, I don't think it's retarded for a ghost to play around in other household items, at all. (It's creative, too, in my opinion)

I don't see how adding a poltergeist to Pocket Monsters is a bad thing. Ghost stories like that happen in real life, why not Pocket Monsters. Obviously, I can't sway your opinions, and you're entitled to your own, but come on. Act like this is the bottom of the barrel if you want, but we're not there with these guys.

edit: Sorry if I sound harsh, but I just think people are far too rough on these.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I aboslutely love the washing machine and Lawnmower, but the Washing Machine is utter win!

Roto-Machine use full cycle! Roto-Mower use close cut!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    XD if those are real moves then hell they got to be learned by em both. I absolutely love em and i dont see why others dont. I dont like the fridge much but come on the fan is all win.Xept the head could have been on the top cause i really dont like the hand position but meh its still cool.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    Im loving these new forms of rotom its really cool how creative theyve been done. Its very specific to rotom for him to ttake over other appliances as thats what it says in his bio.

Also anyone got the sprites for these yet?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Im loving these new forms of rotom its really cool how creative theyve been done. Its very specific to rotom for him to ttake over other appliances as thats what it says in his bio.

Also anyone got the sprites for these yet?

This is madness! Rotom the kitchen applince polterqeist attacks

Those are all of the ones released on Bulba so far from what I've seen.

Source.

Chilicheesefilms

Gliscor Breeder
    Years
    I disagree completely. Here's a ghost (Rotom) that finds joy in taking over and creating havoc out of appliances. Haven't you heard any ghost stories like that? PokéDex entry: "Its body is composed of plasma. It is known to infiltrate electronic devices and wreak havoc" So what else do you even want? They hit the "ghosts and taking over" stories dead on.

It's not "OMG WHAT DO WE DO! ;O;" If anything, it's rather clever, and fits the Pocket Monster. (and it's background, perfectly)

this is right all the way. if you think about it poke'mon is ment for kids 10-12 so it fits perfectly. I think its a good humorous thing to do! Trust me they have no where near run out of ideas!

Years
    This is seriously the only reason I'm buying Platinum. I wasn't even considering it before this, now I'm 100% sure that I'm getting it.

I must have a Toaster Rotom. It's my new favorite pokemon. XD

I think they're great. I don't see this as running out of ideas. And if you do see it that way... at least they aren't wasting pokedex spaces?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]I agree with you there, i wasn't expecting this at all.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] I thought the remaining dual ghost types would be a whole different set of pokemon, not just more appliances. >.>

I was expecting this the whole time. Since Rotom can live in anything electrical powered, I figured the forms would be based on appliances.

And as for the whole "They are losing ideas" thing-- How many Pokemon do you see that are based on something else besides real animals?
    (Even though some might not be based on animals,--- You get the idea.)

-- I do have a semi-Off Topic question though...
    Are these Pokemon already programmed in PBR
    or would they have to create a whole new game?

Last edited:
    Back