• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Sorry about that, but 170 win streak is good. Maybe I should try the Battle Hall to get my 100 win streak for the star and Trainer Card upgrade.

Anyway, just now playing at the Frontier Wi-Fi place, I was chuffed about my Empoleon beating my first oponent when it seemed impossible and my Garchomp beating second opponent. I however did not know that the third opponent will have a Poygon-Z who had moves that'll knock out my team, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. I was happy that at first my Torterra wwithstood a Ice Punch from from Electrivire wth 3HP remaining, when it used Earthquake, although the Electrivire had a Earthquake power reducing item, my Terry still landed a critical hit and I was like "I'm definately recording this!" But then I lost.

Stupid me for having 2 Ground types in my party, I don't know why I didn't choose my Infernape instead.lol. So this isn't really the games fault, even though my Pippa had a Sitrus Berry which should have withstood Thunderbolt... *sigh* I'm typing on DSi and it's really a chore. So that's my moment.

Another thing,I didn't know the Pokémon coming out as they were nicknamed, now I know how in-game Trainers feel ^_^

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Last night when I bred a shiny Cyndaquil. I decided to finish the load of eggs for trading purpouses and I passed out without saving.
    Woke up hours later to find a dead DS lite.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
  • I always almost break my ds whenever I run into one of those 6 team Magikarp trainers, how do they even go into tall grass without dying is beyond me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Whenever any trainer uses Focus Band or Focus Sash.

Or when (vs Crasher Wake) my Luxray left his Gyrados with 1 HP. Then, when I was about to use Spark, he switched to Quagsire.

@Jaysantos - Barry's Pokemon fainting tended to be a good thing for me. More experience FTW! Hell, I killed half of his pokemon to get more experience.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Ohmy.... When you're going through a cave or are chaining with level seventy-fives and a level fifty decides "Oh, hey, you're in a rush, I see. WHY NOT STAY AND CHAT FOR A WHILE?" or "I know I just broke your chain and all, but I am loving your hat!!!" And NEVER lets you run away. (And yes that is what I swear they are thinking.)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Just now, Buck's god damn Umbreon used Double Team 5 times. I missed with Explosion. I FINALLY hit with my Latias' Draco Meteor which thankfully killed it

double team = pain in the ass

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I spent a LONG time (good hour or so) looking for a female Ralts with synchronise (or however you spell it), finally found one, and started throwing pokeballs to catch it. It clearly wasn't going to work, but I didn't want to attack and risk critting and knocking it out. I then spent about 5 minutes begging my game not to crit (yes, I talk to my games...), guess what happened? And it gets better, I kept looking for another half hour, and finally found another one. Guess what happens then? I actually thought I was gonna cry.

I eventually did get what I was looking for, and this morning I turned my game on to start training it, had raised it about 7 levels when my game decided to freeze. Thank God I saved last night so I don't have to go catch it again. I honestly don't think I have the willpower to play the game right now...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I was ev training my Flygon (for its very first time). This is what happend at the last Unown I fought.

Wild Unown appeard!
    5% ChAnCe was sent out!
    5% ChAnCe used Strength!
    Unown Fainted!
    5% Chance gaind 238 EXP!
    +4 ATK
    I died when I saw this. Ive been training this Flygon FOREVER in Unowns. And I havent even trained it in attack once.

Flygon/5% ChAnCe
    Level 59 (Before level up)

Seriosuly. I knew I was supposed to get more.

If the Pokémon's already gained Exp. through battling, it will have gained effort points. So if you already leveled it up before, it might already have reached the 510 EV limit (or got close), stopping it from gaining Attack EVs.
    Unown only gives 1 Attack EV anyway, so if you don't have Pokérus, the Macho Brace, or a Power item, you're going to have to KO a lot of them to see a difference. At level 59, KOing 20 Unowns will only give you a roughly 3 Attack boost.

EDIT: Or you put it in the PC halfway through training; the PC recalculates its stats, meaning that the majority of the Attack gain could have occurred when you put it in the PC rather than when it leveled up.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    *Used Poke'Ball*

Catchitcatchitcatchitcatchit

*Uxie broke out of the ball.*

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

Hardest legendary for me to catch.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • In the Wi-Fi Battle Tower...

[Insert Japanese Name Here] sent out Metagross!

Go! Swampert!

(With Quick Claw) Foe Metagross used Meteor Mash!

Swampert used Earthquake!

Ok, so I'll be able to 2HKO it, as long as its Quick Claw doesn't...

Swampert fainted!

Wow, two Quick Claw procs in a row... Well, my Skarmory should be able to stall it to death.

Go! Skarmory!

Skarmory used Stealth Rock!

Foe Metagross used Thunder Punch!

Skarmory fainted!

FML

Go! Latias!

If anyone can wall Metagross, she can.

(With Quick Claw) Metagross used Meteor Mash!

Critical Hit!

Latias fainted!

Probably my worst hax experience ever. T_T

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • In the Wi-Fi Battle Tower...

[Insert Japanese Name Here] sent out Metagross!

Go! Swampert!

Swampert used Earthquake!

Ok, so I'll be able to 2HKO it, as long as its Quick Claw doesn't...

Swampert fainted!

Wow, two Quick Claw procs in a row... Well, my Skarmory should be able to stall it to death.

Go! Skarmory!

Skarmory used Stealth Rock!

Foe Metagross used Thunder Punch!

Skarmory fainted!

FML

Go! Latias!

If anyone can wall Metagross, she can.

(With Quick Claw) Metagross used Meteor Mash!

Critical Hit!

Latias fainted!

Probably my worst hax experience ever. T_T
    Maybe it Was a hax :/
    It is weird......

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • I was confused by swagger and never got to hit the enemy except hitting myself four times in a row and then dying.

AHHH, I almost broke my DS just now, I got to the second battle against Argenta in the Battle Hall (170 Win Streak) with my Tyranitar, she used a Gligar and it just used Double Team about 10 times and I couldn't touch it, then it took out my Tyranitar in about 5-6 hits and none of my attacks hit it, I truly hate this game right now.

Lol. Try Lock-on. Sheer Cold. Dead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    When you walk into a cave and realizing you need a pokemon with rock climb.
    When you run out of pokeballs when fighting a legendary.
    When your pokemon is confused and won't snap out of it and it keeps hitting itself
    When your pokemon keeps missing.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

• Maybe it Was a hax :/
    It is weird......

I dunno. To my knowledge, you can't really hack items to do such things. I guess I just had horrible luck that game. My Swampert had a Quick Claw too and it never used it! :(

But, I guess to make it up to me, in a later game, I was using a Togekiss (with Serene Grace) against another Metagross, and every Air Slash caused it to flinch. So, easy KO there. xD

reyzn

Years
  • I usually get those moments during chaining and a bidoof completely ruins my streak.

Years
  • When I'm raising Traded Pokemon and it's all "Oh btw y'know, you're on your third Gym Badge so after this your Pokemon need to be past Level 30, OH BUT TRADED POKEMON CAN'T YET, SORRY." And my Pokemon ignore me.

Back