• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Three Wishes to the Writers

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    1.Bring back Misty she was more better then that good for nothing ***** May and that ***** Dawn.

2.Let Ash reset to his good old funny self and not have him be like his Sinnoh crappy bland boring self.

3.Have Ash win the Unova league and make this Pokemon league more longer.

At least May and Dawn did something other than complain. Dawn and May actually competed in Pokemon Contest through out their series. What did Misty do really?Yeah shes a Pokemon trainer, she only battled in the gym once against Ash (If I can remember from that far), thats all she is good for complaining. Oh yeah, I forgot she fought in the Whirlcup with Ash.

:t354:TG

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

At least May and Dawn did something other than complain. Dawn and May actually competed in Pokemon Contest through out their series. What did Misty do really?Yeah shes a Pokemon trainer, she only battled in the gym once against Ash (If I can remember from that far), thats all she is good for complaining. Oh yeah, I forgot she fought in the Whirlcup with Ash.

May and Dawn might have done somethings like Pokemon contest but that don't mean they were great characters unlike Misty was. Misty had a great personality and she was a even more powerful trainer then May aand Dawn never really was,atleast Misty never cry like a baby or annoy other people like May and Dawn did.

Misty never did complaining that much as i recall and she would only do this a few times,May and Dawn would complaint non stop most of the time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    First off what is a "great" character. They all have their good qualities and not so good qualities so I don't see how one is better then the other when they have all have an equal share of stage with Misty having more since she was a companion for two regions. And May and Dawn didn't have great personalities, how so? And May had plenty of strong pokes like Blaziken and Venusaur, not to mention she doesn't specialize in a specific type, so i fail to see how she is any more weak then Misty. Misty didn't complain much? Try re-watching the Kanto saga then, tell me she didn't complain any less then the others. I get that your are bias toward Misty but you cannot discount other characters too be lesser, they all played their fair share in the anime.

Now if you would all please take the female companion discussion else where(perhaps make an topic on it...) that would be appreciated since this topic is about Wishes to the Writers not who is the better female companion and why.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    First off what is a "great" character. They all have their good qualities and not so good qualities so I don't see how one is better then the other when they have all have an equal share of stage with Misty having more since she was a companion for two regions. And May and Dawn didn't have great personalities, how so? And May had plenty of strong pokes like Blaziken and Venusaur, not to mention she doesn't specialize in a specific type, so i fail to see how she is any more weak then Misty. Misty didn't complain much? Try re-watching the Kanto saga then, tell me she didn't complain any less then the others. I get that your are bias toward Misty but you cannot discount other characters too be lesser, they all played their fair share in the anime.

Now if you would all please take the female companion discussion else where(perhaps make an topic on it...) that would be appreciated since this topic is about Wishes to the Writers not who is the better female companion and why.
    This thread isn't about which character is great ..it is about opinions on the wishes of the writers to do with the show.

Back on topic.

Wether Misty complain a lot or not she was still a much better character then May and Dawn put together,character and personality wise Misty was the best.

1.Please don't bring back May or Dawn.

2.Let Brock and Misty have a come back.

3.Let Ash become a Pokemon Master.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    1. Bring Misty and Max back (as an actual trainer) and write off Cilan and Iris.

2. Remove Ash from the show entirely.

3. Get a new protagonist which isn't stupid.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    1. The whole plot is becoming disturbingly stale and generic. Ash commences his journey with Pikachu whose level drastically decreases through some incident at the beginning. Ash catches his first Pokemon, usually a bird or insect type one. etc etc

This has become quite 'lazy' from the writers if you ask me. I'd like to see complete refurbishing of most of the anime's aspects, from the uninteresting, dull characters to the formulaic plot.

2. As many have already stated, I think it is a about time to let Ash win a Pokemon League. The writers have an annoying propensity to end Ash's dreams and ours by introducing an opponent with relatively higher battling experience, stronger Pokemon (by a margin), legendary and clearly prevalent Pokemon, and such.

Have him win the competition, then face off the Elite Four of the said region. We'll see what happens afterward. It would be a completely different story as we haven't really witnessed the atmosphere of an Elite Four league.

Let the main character develop in terms of age, maturity, and experience. The idea of resetting a story amid a new region is totally justified and blatant. But, I believe that incorporating character development into the show will definitely attract a wider, older audience to the franchise.

The juvenile, clueless protagonist will eventually seem annoying. Hence, it would be great to have some major and minor changes in the main character and side characters in general.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I didn't like one of my three wishes, so I thought I'd change it a little.

1. Instead of wishing that no characters return, since I did say I kinda sorta want May back, I think I would like to wish for a new turn in the story.
    Pokemon has such a predictable plot these days. Unova is basically a carbon copy of the original series - Ash and Pikachu gets a reset and becomes an idiot/weakened, he travels with two gym leaders (not sure with Iris here but hey, she is a gym leader in White, so that counts), he gets all three starters, etc.
    They did implement Team Rocket into the story and had them fight Team Plasma, which is different from the games (and I like that, obviously). However, they don't come out 24/7, so there isn't much change you can see here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    This one's easy:

1: Make Team Rocket funny again. They stopped being a viable threat to Ash and co. after two episodes, and became the comic relief.

2: Add those funny, quirky moments to the episodes again. Little things, like the episode of the artist who wanted to draw the aurora in the desert, but he always got caught in the middle of eating a sandwich and never had enough crayons. Those moments gave the show a lot of personality.

3: Punny titles again, please.

Overall, I just don't want them to Jump the Sharpedo. The formula worked. They don't have to dazzle us with an overly serious tone now.

Edit:
    After careful rereading of the responses prior to my own, I see a lot of wishes similar to "Let Ash win the league" and "Make Ash a good trainer." I just would like to say, be careful what you wish for. There are many MANY tv shows that make this kind of mistake.
    Main Character pursuing their dreams = entertainment.
    Main character achieving their dreams = death of show.

It happens all the time. When two characters have romantic tension in a tv show, the fans really want to see them together. But when the characters finally do get together, the fans quit watching. It just gets boring. Ask yourselves what you'd want after he wins the league? How interested would you be if Ash was good enough that he became unbeatable?

I'm not knocking anyone's opinions here, but I want to remind everyone that there would have to be a show AFTER they got their wish too.

That said, the show doesn't suck now. It's still fun. Not as fun as, say, the Battle Frontier, but still fun. It needs tweeking, not radical changes.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't like the idea of Ash winning the league. It just doesn't make sense for a naive 10 year-old to come out of nowhere and beat tons of powerful trainers with his NFE Pokemon. Really, you'd think there'd be tons of older more-experienced trainers out there. Plus it gets rid of the goal of the main character in the show.

Really, Luffy isn't Pirate King yet. Naruto isn't the Hokage, etc. I'm curious, why is it the Pokemon fanbase who complains about this? Do you guys just want the show to end? Or do you want an overpowered Ash to run around and destroy people? Maybe you want him to change his goal?

Last edited:

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    After careful rereading of the responses prior to my own, I see a lot of wishes similar to "Let Ash win the league" and "Make Ash a good trainer." I just would like to say, be careful what you wish for. There are many MANY tv shows that make this kind of mistake.

It happens all the time. When two characters have romantic tension in a tv show, the fans really want to see them together. But when the characters finally do get together, the fans quit watching. It just gets boring. Ask yourselves what you'd want after he wins the league? How interested would you be if Ash was good enough that he became unbeatable?
    I agree with you. Still, I would like Ash to win the league because I'm dead tired of him. However, I don't want to see Jessie and James kiss or anything because there would be nothing left for us shippers. I'm hoping for something more subtle by the end of the show, like Meowth saying "they finally got together" or something similar.

I wouldn't mind the show to end because there's been more than enough episodes already. However, I would enjoy a fresher show in which Ash'd grow up and develop psychologically.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    FIRE YASELVES

No, but seriously;
    1. Either let Ash grow up, so he's not a ten-year old with the voice of an eighteen year-old, or just start with a new main character. He's getting really boring and it does kind of drag the show down a bit.

2. Pikachu. Gets. On. My. Titles. Seriously, every time I pick up a pen to write a review of it I hear a "Pika!". It was adorable the first billion times. Now it just annoys me. It's probably just the high-pitched-ness of it, but it reminds me of my brother. And we haven't spoken in a year.

3. The music doesn't really fit in for an anime, or a television show. Yes, it's based on a game, but you can't base a cake recipe on a biscuit recipe. You do have to make some changes, and for me, the music's a big no-no. It's good on the DS, but on a screen any larger than I can hold comfortably in two hands, 'tis bad.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    1. Have Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn and Iris meet up
    2. Ash has to age at some point
    3. Evolve Totodile or Corphish.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    1. Have Misty, Brock, May, Max, Dawn and Iris meet up
    2. Ash has to age at some point
    3. Evolve Totodile or Corphish.
    1.Evolve Corphish he need it really badly or maybe Totodile.

2.Add sex to the anime and more mature adult themes.

3.Bring back Misty and Brock,not May,Max or Dawn.

4.Have Ash win a Pokemon league and become a pokemon master.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Add sex? Omg that wouldn't fit at all! For that, there would need a parallel anime.

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
    Years
    1. Do more realistic things (I.E. In all my years of pokemon nobody on the show ever went to say, the bathroom)

2. Appeal to a much more mature audience

3. Have the pokedex entries of pokemon reflect there attitude in the anime. ( I.E. If a Haunter licks Ash, Ash's soul is taken away)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    1.Evolve Corphish he need it really badly or maybe Totodile.

2.Add sex to the anime and more mature adult themes.

3.Bring back Misty and Brock,not May,Max or Dawn.

4.Have Ash win a Pokemon league and become a pokemon master.

I do agree, i believe that Totodile should have at least evolved because the other two (being Chikorita and Cyndaquil evolved). As for the 3rd one, I've already explained myself on the Misty part, theres no need for her. If they were to have May, I really don't think that Max should be there because he was there to see what it was like to being a Pokemon trainer (I guess), the 4th one will end the show and the 2nd one will ruin the show.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

I do agree, i believe that Totodile should have at least evolved because the other two (being Chikorita and Cyndaquil evolved). As for the 3rd one, I've already explained myself on the Misty part, theres no need for her. If they were to have May, I really don't think that Max should be there because he was there to see what it was like to being a Pokemon trainer (I guess), the 4th one will end the show and the 2nd one will ruin the show.

Well just because Chikorita and Cyndaquil evolve does not mean Totodile needs to evolve as well since he is strong enough as is,Cyndaquil evolving was to promote the HeartGold & SoulSilver games.,Totodile could evolve or not.

I don't know if Ash will ever become a pokemon master or the show would end.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
    1. Make an anime of Pokemon Adventures. That manga blows the anime out of the water.

2. Make a brand new mature anime and place it on Adult Swim. Ash & Co. for Cartoon Network for the kiddies during the day, new mature show at night for the 13s & up.

3. Stop resetting Ash.

Kowai

Elite
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    Edit:

I'm not knocking anyone's opinions here, but I want to remind everyone that there would have to be a show AFTER they got their wish too.

That said, the show doesn't suck now. It's still fun. Not as fun as, say, the Battle Frontier, but still fun. It needs tweeking, not radical changes.
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but winning a league wouldn't really make his dreams come true. After all, it's only one league out of a ton of them. His dream is to become the best and he would probably need to win several different leagues and beat the elite four of each region to prove that.

Back