• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Three Wishes to the Writers

marcc5m

what
    Years
    1. Ash dies in a battle against Ho-oh
    It would be the end of Ashy-boy's career. He finds Ho-oh--one of the first Pokemon he saw--and has a massive battle with it. He uses Pikachu, Charizard, Primeape, Corphish and Sceptile. At the end Ash's Pokemon are all suffering, and Ho-oh has just enough energy to attack them once more and destroy them all. However Ash jumps in front of them shouting "Nooooooooooooo!!!" and is burned to a crisp. Ho-oh then dies because it has no energy left. It makes sense because his name is "Ash" and the end of his Japanese name is "oshi" which is kinda like Ash.

2. Brock becomes the new protagonist.
    I would love to see what it'd be like. Brock, travelling one of the regions, helping hurt Pokemon. He would have Golem, Steelix, Toxicroak, Swampert, Blissey and a baby something.

3. Three more wishes.
    Ok, so the first one was a joke, but now that that's wasted, I need more wishes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Here are my:
    -have Ash and other characters age abit.While i understand how pokemon was always lower tier show when it comes to character development or some deep plot having characters being stuck in somesort of limb never aging just doesnt sit well for me.While drastic change isnt to expect its not like it would kill them having Ash age by year or two still being young enough for target audience to associate with him having his development and all those region he travelled though from time point of view little more realistic.

Not to mention by aging you can provide new conflicts in someone story being "grown up enough"for writers to start working on such problems.

-give little more references to past and older traveling companions.
    Ignoring them not appearing anymore at all doesn't sit well for those who followed this show from beginning making it seem like previous characters and impact they left on this show with time fades away becoming pointless to show plot.

This obviously wont happen but i would actually be interested in writers providing new twist to show formula by starting to reuse some of older characters in this show like May,Misty or Brock instead of adding new ones all the time.They are all well liked and proven to be success and having them return in reasonable intervals could allow for further development of their stories seeing our favorites grow more.
    But i guess because of advertizing and writers desire of rather wanting new "Eye candies"being added this wont happen which is shame because they have things left to do with them having enough stamina and potential for another run which would serve as continuation of their stories.

-more creative anime only arcs wouldn't hurt either.It was showed countless times in past(with many anime only tournaments,sagas like Orange Islands or region locations not existing in games) how writers have certain liberty in this show straying away from games to certain extent,so their lack of imagination and enjoyable well written arcs cannot be justified on this.
    Following games closely is fine and dandy but it kills suspense and surprise factor which arcs which are coming only from writers imagination can provide not having that kind of unpredictability going for them.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    1. Bring back Brock
    2. Have Ash evolve Gible into Garchomp
    3. NEVER LET PIKACHU EVOLVE

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    1) Make Pokémon for more mature audiences. I think Pokémon has gotten much too complicated for children, now. So, I think they should mature it a bit. Like, TV-14. Make the fighting more realistic, as in add blood and the possible chance of a Pokémon dying in battle. As well as slight cursing.

2) MAKE ASH AGE. I don't care if it's a cartoon, Ash needs to age. He's been 10 for too long, and needs to mature. He seems to lose all of his battling skills as soon as he starts another adventure. I've had enough of that.

3) Make Ash win at least one league, preferably the Unova league. Losing each one he gets too is getting a bit old. Having him win one would be an amazing twist.

EDIT: Also, never evolve Pikachu. He's too cool for that.

I can also honestly see Ash becoming a Pokémon Ranger... :\

Last edited:

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    my three wishes would be
    1. age ash make him more mature
    2. let ash evolve more of his pokemon make them stronger
    3. i wanna see ash face elite four members and champions and idc if he wins or not i just wanna see him face good trainers like them

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    The only thing I agree with out of these bunch of comments, is they need to stop resetting Ash, I liked his D/P self however I'm also not Anti Best Wishes Ash, I'm fine with him now too. I loved May and Dawn, so the fact that tons of these comments would just keep Misty makes me glad the Pokemon writers do what they do and not listen to what the fans think. Honestly, what one Misty fan said about Dawn and May being bad characters is just freakin funnyXD Any ways, for Best Wishes

-Have Dawn get a cameo and have a little arc/travel with the gang for a few episodes I mean.

-Add N some time soon, let him be a rival for Ash.

Other than that I'm fine with the series as is now.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    1. End the series and start over fresh with no Ash and Pikachu and no annoying evil team
    2. Make it more mature at least for teens
    3. Use Red for Kanto,Jimmy/Ethan for Johto,Brendan for Hoenn, Lucas for Sinnoh and Hilbert for Unova. Or possibly use one of the girls in one instead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    1. If they continue after the Best Wishes series which they probably will, I'd like them to introduce Max back into the anime. Although in the anime Ash is meant to be 10 still :/ they still talk in years. Max was meant to be 7 so too young to do anything with Pokemon. Well if each Generation counted as a full year, after Generation 3,4 and 5 in reality that would mean Max is now old enough to travel with the Ralts he said he would use as his starter. I wouldn't mind see Ash, Max, May and Cilan travel if Max still needs looking after by May because Iris just annoys me so much and I don't think they'd bring Brock back or introduce a new male cook/baby sitter type person so soon.

2. Have Ash use his older Pokemon more frequently than just in Conferences. Pokemon like Bulbasaur, Bayleef and others with more personality need to bring brought back.

3. When Ash does capture more Pokemon stop with his group capturing the awful Pokemon especially with Ash always seeming to capture the starters, the obvious beginning of Pokedex Bug and Flying Pokemon. Although in Hoenn things were different slightly, Swellow and Beautifly were both caught and all 3 starters were in possesion of the group. Why can't more exotic Pokemon be caught for example in Unova if Ash had Pikachu, Tepig, Basculin, Archen, Gothita, Vanillite it be much more interesting with the typing different but he still has Pikachu, a starter and a bird. It made me happy when he Pokemon such as Snorunt, Donphan and Gible in his team as they were more exotic. He had never had an Ice, Ground or Dragon, respectively, before he captured each of these Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh yeah, also make Ash punch Iris in the face because he's tired of being called a kid by her. Then make him say, "Betch plz, I traveled four regions AND saved the world, like, thirteen times, and you've been doing what exactly? Swinging on vines? PFFT LOLOLOL" :|

But seriously, I'm tired of Iris calling Ash a kid. He may be a complete moron at times, but he ain't no kid. even though the writers are total jerks and keep resetting Ash 'cause they hate their fans

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    1. Have a season where ash brings back all his older pokemon for a couple episodes each.
    2. The next big pokemon tournament of the season, have ash get his strongest pokemon from each previous region and use them along with pikachu to beat them.

Back