• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tile-based non-romhacking map maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Since the romhacking board isn't doing a thing to help me with this, I might as well ask on here; I'm wanting to use all of the tilesets that I've gathered to make a full map of a new Pokemon Region I'm creating for a non-interactive fan project, but so far, I've not been able to find a program that can let me do that.

The program I'm looking for does the following:

1. Lets you create maps with tilesets from scratch without needing a rom to hack into.
    2. Can import new tilesets.
    3. Can save your work as an image file.

So far, I'm not able to find a program with all of those reqirements, and it's frustrating me. Can anyone help?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a tileset for the Pokemon worldmap? I've seen several people create their own worldmaps, but they refuse to tell me where they got the tileset for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    they refuse to tell u where they got their tileset for worldmap because they made it you see, most people who rom hack aren't happy with their games original region, so they decide "hey let's go to" one of three places A) A new region B)Jhotto or like me C) sinnoh
    if you want i'm willing to upload my tileset and tilemap for the worldmap,but right now i'm to lazy to do it XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    1. Lets you create maps with tilesets from scratch without needing a rom to hack into.
    2. Can import new tilesets.
    3. Can save your work as an image file.
    It's called Microsoft Paint.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121570
    ^They're called the rules.

Read them.
    If you have a question like this it's best suited for ROM hacking/Emulation, it doesn't meet any of the Pixel Art thread requirements.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back