• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Time and Gameplay

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    How long have you played your FR/LG and what do you normally do in the game? Just wander, or battle, or catch pointless Pokemon?

I normally train, switch Pokemon in and out of daycare, and battle a select few trainers with strong Pokemon. Every now and then I kick those four Elite Four folks' butts just for the fun of it.

I am at 99:59 hours. Beat that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2006
    I just, wonder around. Train, Raise Pokemon, etc.

I think my time so far is in the 70s.

kintar

Celebi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    On my first playthrough, I was at about 48 hours before somebody borrowed my game and deleted my sav file. -_- I decided to train every Pokémon I had, which is why I took forever.

If I'm trying to beat the game fast, I could do it in about 8 hours.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • My gameplay time on Fire Red is about 46:21, but my longest gameplay is 119:45 on my sapphire version. Trust me gameplay time does add up when you attempt to catch feebas!

~Kipper~

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • My gameplay time on Fire Red is about 46:21, but my longest gameplay is 119:45 on my sapphire version. Trust me gameplay time does add up when you attempt to catch feebas!

~Kipper~

haha, Ditto on that one! (pun intended)

My longest gameplay was around 112, on my original Blue version (first I ever got). It took me 3 bleeding hours to find out how to exit my house. (I was 8 or 9, and I didn't read the directions, so... don't judge! hahaha).

Now on the remakes I can beat the game in around 30, get a killer team by 40 or 50.

After I beat the games on any Pokemon game, I usually retire my game team and start to build up a specialized team of my favourite type, with EVs and such. I rarely focus on finishing my Pokedex... I have to fight to catch Pokemon in order to get some of the items the Aids give you, but besides that, making a complete Pokedex is low on my Pokemon list of things to do.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    My FireRed has 285 hours on it. I spent most of the time breeding until I got Emerald. Now I don't use FR too much. My LeafGreen version I will reset constantly, trading over TMs, Rare Candies, etc., to my Emerald cart, along with teaching Move Tutor moves to selected Pokes. My Emerald version is now my breeding cart, with over 500 hours. I haven't used it much lately though. Too busy.

hamadf

lol
    Years
  • I had about 500 hours on sapphire but my friend whos a pokefreak:P played firered and it locked at 999 hours. He can wander around for hours on XD or colloseum (spelling) trying to turn the snagged pokemon into normal pokemon without getting bored

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • My FireRed has 285 hours on it. I spent most of the time breeding until I got Emerald. Now I don't use FR too much. My LeafGreen version I will reset constantly, trading over TMs, Rare Candies, etc., to my Emerald cart, along with teaching Move Tutor moves to selected Pokes. My Emerald version is now my breeding cart, with over 500 hours. I haven't used it much lately though. Too busy.

I prefer to use my Sapphire or Ruby version to trade over that kind of stuff - you don't need to play the game all the way through to be able to trade with Emerald. I usemyLeaf Green to trade over Pokemon. It's like a double cross: I constantly retart my Fire Red version to trade over to my Leaf Green version, which I in turn trade over to my Emerald. LOL

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Doesn't longer play hours make you look weak? I mean, if you haven't beat the game at all (If you have then it's just your dedication to the game I guess)

Oh yeah, mine is 139:30

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I've got 120 hours.
    There was one time, I left my GBASP recharging when it was on. D:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Meh... I have played over 600 hours something. ^^'
    No wonder I have over 90 pokemon at a high level and all those breedings I did took a long time.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • I have like 66 hours on my sapphire. And i'm not too proud of it. But hey pokemon is like the only game i play consistently now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I don't play LG much anymore. First file was 50 hours, started over recently and am at 10. Sapphire is at 180, Emerald at 85, XD and 80, and Collosseum at 45.

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
  • my colosseum maxed out at 99:59 so I have no clue what my time is anymore and the rest of my games together probably around 1200

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    if u play pokemon on vba and you want to finish it fast about 5 hours but if your on a real gameboy it takes much longer because of all of the annoying pokemon coming up whilst your in the grass

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
  • Well,I more like caring breeder that battler,Sometimes i battle with some trainers to level up but mainly i just trying to complete my Kanto Dex.
    My time is,Let me check(load fast)There we go the DS loaded.
    My time:57:28

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    If I remember correctly, I had about 120 hours of play time during my last playthrough on Firered. However, do to my Emerald file getting corrupted, (I accidentally switched off the power while saving. There goes 268 hours of playtime, my only shiny and over 20 Pokémon I spent alot of time on training. <.<) I started a new game to get some TMs for my new Emerald file, but haven't been bothered to play that much. I have around 30 minutes of playtime on my current save. x__x

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • I've got 294:41 on my Fire Red now. Also over 500 hours on Sapphire. Too lazy to check Crystal and Yellow if they have any more. I've done it a few times in Crystal around the time I got it, but otherwise I've never restarted my games. I get attached to my bits of data. ;P

Back