• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Makes The Heart Go Fonder [PG13]

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Hello fellow Pokemon lovers!
    My name is daydreambeliever & this is my story (or first chapter) about Dawn struggling to overcome the loss of Ash in her life.
    Yes, I am a Pearlshipper and I hope (crosses fingers) that the anime will become a bit more reality like and make those two fall in love. I doubt it though but you can always hope.
    If this chapter does well, I plan to release the second one. If it doesn't, I will go back to work on it. Post what you think, how I can improved or if I have spelt something wrong. I have never been a great speller and as many times as you use spellcheck, it always misses something. If something doesn't make sense, tell me and I will change it and repost that section so it does. Thankyou and enjoy! (The first chapter doesn't introduce the full plot of the story. The next chapter does, & i will release it as soon as I can.)

Part 1
    It's been 3 years since she saw him walking away from her.
    And she could still picture him as clearly as she did that fated day.
    His brown hair was escaping from underneath his baseball cap.
    His brown eyes looking from her to the open road.
    His mouth, as it turned from a sorrowful goodbye to that smile that always made her feel weak.
    Looking back on life, that was the hardest day for her. Saying goodbye to a friend, to a mentor and to a love. Never had heartache stuck her body. Never had she known what it was like to see the end. To feel the world fall upon her. To know that life wasn't fair and to understand what would soon come her way.
    She could see him leaving her. She wanted him to stop and run back to her. To embrace her. To tell her he loves her. But he kept on walking. Tears emerged from her eyes. Feelings overwheamed her. Then he stopped and turned to face her. He too, was crying but quickly, put on a brave face and told her they would meet again. Nervously, she laughed and wiped her eyes, leaving them red and puffy. She told him that he better visit one day. He chuckled. Silence filled the air and their eyes meet.
    Then he was walking away from her again. She couldn't stand it. She gave one last glance at the boy she loved and ran the other way, covering her face as she fled.

Dawn awoke from her slumber.
    She thought back to her dream and just as she was about to remember the details, she shook her head.
    She needed to forget about it. About him. About the whole thing. Forgetting was best, she had decided that. Forget and move on, if only it was that simple. She sat up and felt a yawn coming on. As she went to move her mouth, her face felt stiff and wet. She run to the mirror and saw her slim, pale frame shaking, her straight blue hair resting against her shoulders, her dark blue eyes swimming with tears. Not again, she thought. It wasn't the first time she had cried during her sleep. She told herself to forget and it had seemed to be working. The dreams had stopped. She woke up normal and content. But tonight, he had visited her again in her dreams. He had made her relive the worst moment of her life, over and over again. Every night. He would not leave her alone. Nor did she truely want him to go or to stay.

She got changed and went downstairs.
    A familiar cry called her and suddenly, a little white and blue creature was in her arms. It looked happy to see her. 'Piplup,' cried Dawn and gave her Pokemon a big embrace. Struggling to be released, Piplup finally got its trainer's attention. Dawn looked confused. She knew her Piplup had pride but it never before had refused a hug. 'What's wrong?' Dawn asked. Piplup jumped from Dawn's arms and grabbed her hand, pulling her into the living room. 'Whoo there. Whats happening? Slow down...'
    When they reached the living room, Piplup let go of Dawn's hand and turned to give her a smile. But Dawn didn't notice it, nor did she notice the people in the room. She was busy fixing herself up, the reaction of any teenage girl. She patted down her skirt and fixed her lopsided beanie. When she was done, she looked into the room. 3 people were seated on the lounge. 1 was no more then her mother. Her face wore an expression which was a cross between excitement and concern. The next face was new to her. It was an old man, who looked around 60 years old. He wore a white coat and his hair was about one shade away from being gray. He gave her a friendly smile. Trying not to be rude, she smiled back. Her eyes feel upon the 3rd person. It was a male, not a man, yet not a boy. He was wearing a familiar baseball cap, with messed up black hair showing from the sides. His torso wore a white t-shirt that was covered up with a vest. She noticed his pants were of a blue shade. Something about him was familiar, too familiar for her liking. His face bored a slight nervous grin. A guilty grin. His eyes were a dark shade of brown and they seemed to be looking right into her heart. During all this, not one word was said. Then the young male spoke. 'Dawn. Ummm…' He looked scared but he continued. 'It's me, Dawn. It's Ash.'
    Her jaw fell. Her eyes welled.Her body shook. He was back. Yet this time, she saw him with her own 2 eyes. She ran, all the way upstairs.To her bed. And she cried.
    End of Chapter​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well I'm don't exactly like pearlshipping much, I prefer others actually but I can see your work really good. you describe emotions very well and the scene is very well described too. There's not too much you need to improve on and overall it's pretty good :) I can't wait to read your next part.

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    May I say, thankyou for posting! Hahaha only one, but its a start!
    I love this story and this part beings out the main focus of the plot. I know they are short but that is only because I don't want to rush it. More to come, please read and post! Enjoy! and sorry for the changes in font and all. I'm not good at remembering what I did before!
    Part 2

Time passed. Her beloved Piplup was lying next to her, making sure she didn't feel too deep into despair.
    This is all too much, she thought to herself. He leaves me for 3 years then returns. 3 years of no contact and he just comes back. He has no idea what affect his leaving has done to me. I cry myself to sleep some nights thinking of him. If he is safe, what he is doing, how his journey is going, who has he meet, is he well, what if I never see him again, what would I say if I see him again… My thoughts have always been about him. It took me a year to at least feel happy again. To smile. To go out and visit my friends. To train Piplup the way he needed to be trained. To be a good Pokemon Coordinator again. To want to do my best. Then he shows up and I breakdown.

She wiped her tears away and smiled at her loyal Pokemon, Piplup. Confused and not understanding the sudden change of Dawn's emotions, Piplup put its head to the side. This gesture made Dawn chuckle. She grabbed the Pokemon and wrapped it in her arms. This time, it didn't struggle but it seemed to be hugging back. A knock came from outside the door. Looking over, she remembered how she had slammed the door during her rage. She didn't want to talk but she didn't really think. She just spoke. 'Yes? Who is it?' No one replied. Yet someone knocked on the door again. 'Yes? Who is it?' This time, her voice had a bit more meaning in it. No one replied. Seconds passed and yet another knock was heard. This time she had had enough. She stood up from her bed, placed Piplup down and speed towards the door whilst yelling, 'If someone is there, would you bloody hell answer me when I'm talking to you?' She got a firm grip on the door handle and nearly tore the door off its hinges. Standing in front of her was Ash. The person she loved.

He still looked nervous and abit shocked. 'Dawn, hi.'

That was all he had. For 3 years, she had thought of the moment they would meet again. It was sunset and they run to each other from afar. They would tell each other of their adventures and would retire under the stars. He would show her the constellations and she would snuggle into his chest. After some time, she would fall asleep and he would whisper into her ear 'Dawn, I love you.'

But instead, he was standing at her bedroom door, looking like he had just seen a ghost, saying Hi.

Ready to give him anything she had, she somehow calmed herself down and managed to murmur, 'What?'

Her reply brought a small smile to his angelic face. 'Mind if I come in?' No, she thought to herself but instead she waved him in unpatiently. As he walked, she noticed he had a yellow backpack on. Once she closed the door, she went to get a better look. It was not a backpack but a Pokemon, and not just any Pokemon. It was Ash's 1st and beloved Pokemon, Pikachu and it had seem to have notice its old friend, Piplup sitting on the bed. Pikachu jumped from Ash's back and swiftly, climbed on top of the bed to a stunned but excited Piplup. Ash chuckled and turned to face Dawn. 'Seems like they remember each other.' Dawn crossed her arms and grunted. 'Dawn,' Ash moved towards her. 'I'm glad to see you again.' She didn't reply. 'I know it's been a while, how long? Ummm, has it been 2 years?' '3' said Dawn, cutting off Ash mid-sentence. He blushed at his mistake. '3 years then.' He started to pace the room. 'Well, it's just. Umm, Dawn, I…' 'What do you want?' interrupted a slurry Dawn. She uncrossed her arms. 'Why did you come back?'

Ash's face fell. He didn't seem to have an answer. Dawn rolled her eyes. Pikachu and Piplup had started a game of some sort and run out of the room, nearly knocking Ash over in the process. Before he could fall, Dawn rushed to him, atempting to catch his fall. Instead, Ash fell on top of her, crushing her with his new found weight. She always remembered him as skinny and light, now he was toned? A lot had changed in 3 years, she thought. Ash jumped to his feet and with one pull of Dawn's arm, helped her to her feet. 'Sorry, Dawn and thankyou,' he said. His eyes were full of sorrow and of an untold tale. He waited for her to reply but she didn't. 'Dawn, I have to talk to you.' She nodded, knowing that she would have to talk to him sooner or later, and sat down on the bed, looking down at her feet. Ash stood in front of her. 'I have missed you a lot Dawn.' He sounded sincere. Her face rose and her eyes stared at his body. 'I'm here for 2 reasons. The first I just mention and the second…' he rubbed the back of his neck.
    'Sorry to tell you this now and all, but something bad has happened,' continued Ash. 'A few days ago, residents near Stark Mountain saw a blinding beam of light hit the volcano and a small earthquake happened. Those who went into the mountain claimed they saw a Pokemon in the lava. The walls started to shake and rocks started to fall. At the same time, a group of researchers and some Pokemon trainers were studying the Lava Pokemon found in the mountain. When the earthquake occurred, all managed to get out of the volcano except one.' Ash stopped and looked at Dawn.

She knew it. She knew he didn't really come back to see her, he just needed her help. Note to self, she thought. Never give your hopes up.

She kept her emotions bottled up and nodded for him to continue. 'Professor Oak, the local professor in my home region of Kanto, got the news and they needed someone to go in there and find the missing person.' He stopped and pondered on something for awhile. After what could have been half a minute, Dawn broke the silence and asked 'Who is the mystery Pokemon?' 'No one knows,' Ash replied. 'They claim it is nothing like they have ever seen…' 'Then who is the person trapped inside?' Ash looked sad and regretful. 'I chose you to come with me, Dawn based on another 2 things. One is, well…' he seemed scared. 'I'll tell you later. The next is the person who is in the volcano…' He didn't say anymore. 'Yes?' Dawn said.

'It's Zoey.'
    End of Part 2​

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    wow

this is really good and i really want to know what dawn says?

the suspence is killing please write the next chapter up!

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Thankyou matt for the comment. Post more please!
    This part is really short. The next is bigger though.
    The spacing is weird and I don't know what went wrong so sorry for that.

Part 3

'It's Zoey,' said Ash. That sentence seemed to be replaying itself in her mind, over and over again, like a broken record. She could picture Zoey right now. She met her red hair friend at her first Pokemon Contest and straight away they became both rivals and friends. Zoey was her closest friend, other than Ash and Brock, and had always been there for her. She last saw Zoey a few months ago before she headed off on her grand adventure to Battle Park. And now, she was stuck in a mountain with an unknown, potentially dangerous Pokemon. Dawn knew her decision as soon as Ash had said Zoey's name. She stood up and declared, 'When do we leave?' Ash gave a huge smile in disbelief. 'We leave tonight.'

They both headed downstairs. In the living room, Professor Oak and Johanna were discussing matters. Johanna looked healthier than ever and seemed to be enjoying the company. It had always been Dawn and herself while she was recovering from her illness and with a new person to talk to, Johanna could take her mind off the past.

With the entrance of Ash and Dawn, both adults sat up and faced the youths. 'Dawn has agreed to come with me to Stark Mountain,' proclaimed Ash. Prefossor Oak's face lit up yet Johanna's looked concerned. 'Dawn darling,' said Johanna. 'Are you sure you want to do this?' Dawn nodded. 'I have no regrets, Mum. It is a friend and she would come and find me if the situation was reversed,' she confirmed. Suddenly, Johanna's face lit up with pride. 'Well then. If this is what you want.' She stood up and gave her child a hug. Slighty embarrassed, Dawn hugged back.

BANG!

A loud noise came from the kitchen. 2 Pokemon cries emerged and quickly, Dawn and Ash rushed into the kitchen. On the floor, covered in pots and pans was Piplup and Pikachu. Dawn giggled and bent down to pick up Piplup. Pikachu, after having removed a saucepan off his head, jumped onto Ash'shoulders. Professor Oak and Johanna, who were not far behind the youths, entered the room. Both were shocked with what had happened but for some reason, broke out in laughter. Dawn smiled at Ash. Maybe she would have a chance with him. After all, he did say he missed her.

Tick… Tick… Tick…

Time was passing slowly. It was close to midnight and the house was dark. Dawn could make out 2 silhouettes. One belonged to Ash, who was standing close enough to her that she could hold his hand if she wanted. Dawn resisted the temptation to as hard as she could. The other was a mystery in the dark but when he started talking, Dawn knew him to be the Professor. 'Now, this mission is dangerous and it will test everything you know. Stark Mountain is nothing like the rest of Sinnoh. Watch out for lava Pokemon and stay safe.' Then he stuck out his hands, 2 pokeballs in each. 'Take these and use them wisely.' Dawn and Ash put the pokeballs away in their oversized backpacks. Moonlight was steaming in from the windows. 'Don't worry Professor. I'll take care of Dawn.' 'And I'll take care of Ash,' piped up Dawn, not letting her pride go down the toilet for some boy, matter how much she loved him. Ash smiled and said 'You are still as stubborn as before.' 'Same goes for you,'she replied. 'Now now you 2,' whispered Professor Oak. 'Keep your voices down.' 'Professor?' 'Yes Dawn.' 'Why are we leaving at such a late time?' Professor Oak nodded. 'Good question. Well, I have heard that Team Galactic have something to do with the Pokemon's appearance at Stark Mountain.' Ash and Dawn look confused. 'Didn't Team Galactic flee Sinnoh?' asked Ash. Dawn could remember back to the time when Ash, Brock and herself had fought against Team Galactic in a bid to keep the Pokemon of Sinnoh and the world safe. 'That's what I thought but they have been sighted in towns lately. Only one member at a time but we believe they are planning something.' He looked to his Poketech. 'Almost midnight. Get going and use your Pokemon to stay in touch.' After their goodbyes, Dawn and Ash, along with Piplup, Pikachu and their other Pokemon made their way out of the house, out of Twinleaf Town and into the plains of Sinnoh.

End of Part 3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    wow

ANOTHER GREAT CHAPTER!

IT WAS A LITTLE SHORT BUT IM STILL ON TENTERHOOKS WAITING TOSEE WHATS NEXT!

WONDER WHAT TEAM GALACTIC ARE UP TO?

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    thankyou matt and thankyou to everyone that viewed my fan fic.
    haha i just noticed i spelt the title wrong.
    its meant to be 'Time Makes The Heart Grow Founder'
    oh well, you get the idea. next part out soon.
    keep posting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    oh lol i dont matter i didnt notice anyway :D

i just cant wait for the next part this story is exciting i am still waiting for a battle so will there be one soon?

and may i ask how many parts there will be?

anyway so great fanfic keep the good work up!

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I must say there is not a battle coming up in atleast 7 chapters.
    There is one big battle that takes place.
    Next part up today hopefully.
    I have written 11 parts and I'll planning for 30 parts.
    We will see ;)

aceupthesleeve

[Insert cool user title here]
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    I know there's more chapters after this one, but I figured I would reply as I read. This is as, me being me, (forgetful as anything), wouldn't remember anything that came to my attention whilst reading.

The first and foremost thing that came to my attention was that, when a new character speaks, you should always start a new line. If you don't it gets harder for the reader to understand who is talking which does get a might annoying.

Otherwise, nice work, I shall continue reading and post another reply if anything else immediate comes to my attention that you might have otherwise been unaware of.

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    PART 4
    The sun was appearing and the darkness was fading. A mixture of pink and orange filled the sky and the cries of Pokemon filled the air. But they were too tired to take it all in. They had been waking for 6 hours straight and haven't had a moment of shut eye since their journey began. Dawn was walking slowly, her legs aching. Ash was leading slightly, with Pikachu tucked away safe in his backpack and Piplup was trailing behind. They needed rest, they knew it but stopping wasn't an opinion. Ash paused and waited for Dawn to catch up.

'We are close to Sandgem Town,' said Ash, reading his map. 'Prof. Oak said that Prof. Rowan would let us say the night...'

Dawn was too tired to think. She was like a zombie, walking for, what seemed, no reason. She just wanted to collapse and sleep. Piplup was also tired and tried making noise for Dawn to recognize. Piplup felt it was unfair that Pikachu could have a rest when it couldn't. Each time it called, Dawn didn't answer. Fed up, Piplup took all the energy it had left and used the attack, Peck on its Trainer. The pain was extraordinary. Dawn screamed and fell to the floor. Ash was shocked and quickly came running to her side. Piplup, unable to go any further, fainted beside Dawn.

'Dawn, are you Ok?' asked Ash to the fallen youth but she had gone into a mode of sleep. He smirked and took off his backpack. Pikachu, who was fast asleep, woke up startled and gave a little yawn. 'Pikachu, can you carry the back pack for a moment?' Pikachu nodded sleepily and started to carry, or rather drag the overstuffed backpack. Ash gently placed Dawn in his arms and placed Piplup on top of her. He looked down at her and whispered in her ear, 'You are a true wonder Dawn. You amaze me.' He stood up, and with the extra weight, headed towards the sign that said 'Sandgem Town.'

He was standing in front of her again. The same way he did the day he left her. She was ready for the pain and for the tears, except the pain never came. He didn't turn around and walk into the sunset, like every other time. He just stood there.

'Dawn...' Tears started to roll down her cheek. 'Please don't cry. I can't leave you like this.'

She couldn't help it. She just broke down. Tears flowed off her face and onto the ground. He came towards her and took her in his arms. 'Don't cry my sweet. You have no need to cry. I'm here and I'm not going to leave you.' He used his soft skin to brush her tears away. 'I'm not leaving. How could I leave without you? You are my life.'

The widest grin appeared on her sad face. It was her turn to speak. 'Don't leave me. Stay with me.'

His hands reached into her blue hair.

'I would never dream of it. For I… I…' He was stuttering, but what a beautiful stutter it was to her ears.

'Yes, you what?' asked Dawn.

He let go of her and stared into her blue eyes. 'For I love you Dawn.' His face closed into hers. She could feel his nose rubbing against her own. One of his hands coiled around her stomach while the other was underneath her chin. The moment she wanted was finally here. Nothing could wreck this moment. Nothing.

The sound of an alarm clock entered her dream. She opened her eyes, startled.

The kiss had never happened. It was an illusion of the mind, all a dream.
    Her emotion changed from disappointment to anger. She threw her fists to the bed. The bed? She checked her surroundings and they were unfamiliar. She was in a room with blue walls, a bookcase and 3 beds. Her first reaction was wonder but when commonsense kicked in, she started to panic. Where was she? She jumped out of bed, to find she was in white pajamas. Many questions flew into her mind. Where was Piplup? Where was Ash? Where are my clothes? She walked over to one of the other beds, which was unmade. Then something small in weight jumped onto her back.

'Pip Pip Piplup,' cried the creature.

Suddenly, Dawn felt a wave of relief, knowing her Pokemon was with her. She grabbed the Pokemon off her back and gave it a hug. Footsteps filled the room and when she turned around, she could see Ash and Professor Rowan standing in the door way.

'Prof. Rowan?' asked Dawn, quite surprised.

'Yes child. How are you?' The old man was wearing his trademark brown suit jacket and was holding a book.

'Very well, thankyou,' said a happy Dawn. 'But Prof. Rowan…'

'Yes, Dawn…'

'I have one question…'

'Go ahead child.'

'Umm… how did I get here?'

Prof. Rowan smiled. 'It seems you collapsed on your way here this morning. Ash, being the kind male he is, carried you here to my laboratory in Sandgem.'

Ash blushed and started to blabber on. 'Why, it was nothing. I just didn't want to wake you.'

Not thinking straight, Dawn placed Piplup on the bed and rusted to Ash to give him a hug. Ash seemed shocked at first but eventually hugged her back.

'Thankyou.'

'Anytime Dawn, what are friends for?' She looked at him. He still thought of her as a friend.

'Thanks anyway.'

She suddenly felt awkward and embarrassed. She moved away from Ash's arms and went to pick up Piplup.

Prof. Rowan continued, 'Well, I have places to be and Pokemon to study. I'll leave you 2 in here, shall I?' With Dawn's back facing him, Prof. Rowan winked at a confused Ash, and then walked out of the room.

The silence that had seemed to have been stalking them had reappeared. Dawn looked down at her feet but Ash's was staring at Dawn.

'Dawn?' said Ash.

'Yes.'

'I… ummm...'

'Your clothes are over there,' he said in what Dawn thought was, a disappointed voice.

Dawn's eyes followed Ash's hand that was pointed at a pile of clothes in the corner of the room. She thanked him and rush to the pile. All her clothes were accounted for. She picked up the pile and walked to her bed. Ash was sitting on one of the beds, staring at his hands.

'Where is Pikachu?' she said.

Ash looked up to Dawn then looked back down to his hands.

'He is outside.'

She nodded then again silence entered the room. 'Ummm, Ash?'

'Yes?' he said quciklky with no delay.

'I was wondering if I could get changed.' Dawn gave a guilty grin.

Ash didn't seem to get the hint. 'Sure, go ahead.'

Dawn bit her lip. 'Is just… can I get changed… in private?' Her love's face looked at her in confusion. She gestured towards the clothes, then herself then him. He finally got it.

'Ohh… oops sorry…' He walked towards the door, turned the handle and walked through the door after one last glance at Dawn.
    End of Part 4​

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    another good part!
    i counted 2 Spelling mistakes which 1 were in the first paragrpah it was:
    opinion: which should of been option!
    and also i found:
    quciklky!

but they are the only two but another good paragraph im just waiting for a battle thats all but it will come as you said keep writing!

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    i thought of what you said matt, and I'm thinking of adding a battle in the next chapter.
    Not an epic one but a battle. It may take me longer to release it though...

People! If you read this, please post what you liked and what I can improve on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    um???????

well as much as i am waiting for a battle i actuallly dont mind waiting another 3 parts!

go with what you think your the writer we really shouldnt say you decide your the author!

matt!

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Part 5

It was around mid-day and after some well earned rest, they were ready to hit the road again. After they had said their goodbyes to Prof. Rowan, Dawn turned to face Ash.

'I need to do one thing before we leave Ash.' She bent down to talk to Pikachu. 'Pikachu?'

The little yellow Pokemon faced the girl.

'I think I have a present for you.'

She stood up and reached into her pocket, pulling out one of her Pokeballs. Her 3 companions watched carefully. Dawn giggled then let the Pokemon out of its capsule.

A blue light materialised to show a tall Pokemon.

Lop lo punny?' cried the fluffy, brown Pokemon.

It searched its surroundings. It saw a familiar boy, Piplup, its owner and then its eyes fell upon its own love. Hearts appeared in the Pokemon's eyes as it rushed to the side of Pikachu.

Ash laughed. 'Hey, is that Buneary?'

'Yes. She evolved the morning before you left. Remember when we couldn't…'

'Find her,' finished Ash.

The morning that Ash left to forfill his lifelong dream of becoming the world's greatest Pokemon trainer, Dawn couldn't find Buneary anywhere. She believed Buneary had disappeared in the night (most likely to find a present for Pikachu), not knowing of Pikachu's going and evolved into Lopunny. When the Pokemon came back, it was too late. Pikachu had left and the Pokemon feel into total despair.

'After all this time, it still thinks of him as her love.'

Both chuckled as Lopunny picked up Pikachu and held her small love in her arms.

Dawn agreed, 'She was miserable when we left you. She didn't recover well either. I guess the site of him has put the life back in her.'

She changed her glance from Ash to Pikachu. 'Thankyou Pikachu,' giggled Dawn. 'Buneary hasn't been this happy in a long time.'

'Pika pi,' replied Pikachu.

It was around 6pm and they had just made it out of Jubilife City, where they bought some supplies for their journey.

The blue sky was starting to unravel and the sun was ready to disappear behind the hills. This seemed to worry Ash.

He checked his Poketch.

'We should be no less than 5 minutes out of Floaroma Town.'

'When did you get a Poketch?' asked Dawn.

'Oh, just after we left Sinnoh.'

'Why?'

'Felt like I needed one. I saw how much use yours got and I thought, why not?'

Luckily enough, Ash was right. Before the sun could set, the duo & their Pokemon could see Floaroma.

She had been there before. Dawn had participated in a contest and won her first ribbon there and Ash had been by her side throughout it all. Memories flowed back to her. The place looked the same as it did 3 years ago. That sweet aroma of honey still filled the air.

'Shall we find a place to sleep?' asked Ash. 'It may be too late to check into a Pokemon Center room but we can always camp. You cool with that?'

'No need to worry, Ash!' said Dawn.

'No need to worry, huh?' Ash chuckled. 'I haven't that in a long time. I missed it.'

The sun had set as they trooped up a hill covered in the most beautiful flowers Dawn had ever seen. It is like a fairytale, she thought to herself.

Piplup, who seemed to be in awe with the place aswell, was walking by her side while Lopunny was faithfully following its beloved Pikachu. Ash was ahead.

'Dawn,' yelled Ash. 'Get up here quick. Take a look at this view.'

She started to run. By the time she got to the top of the hill, she was puffed out. She lent against her knees, trying to catch her breath. Then she stood up right and saw the most stunning view of the Floaroma River.

Pokemon of all sorts had gathered by the rivers edge. She could make out 2 Mareep drinking from the river, a Magikarp and a Buziel, having a race in the water, a swarm of Elekid sitting in the flowers and a single Drifloon, floating about.

'Amazing!' she exclaimed.

A slight shock of electricity ran throughout her body as skin brushed against her own. Ash's hand was close to hers.
    She couldn't help but to start daydreaming.

End of Part 5

Last edited:

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • Aww I like it, which is suprising, I don't usually like this sort of thing tbh, but this is really good, you build up suspense well. :)

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Thank you very much Cloudy and others who commented my profile or sent me messages.

Short part, I know. But the next one is long and it should be up in 3 days time! Yah!

Sorry it took me so long to edit. I had alot going on today.

Thankyou again all. Keep commenting!

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Part 6

They set up camp on in a flower meadow, not too far from town and once the tents were set up, Dawn and Ash got busy making dinner for themselves and their Pokemon.

Dawn could remember how their friend, Brock had always made the Pokemon food and how much her own Pokemon enjoyed eating it. It had been Brock's dream to become the best Pokemon Breeder in the world and while he is still trying to achieve that goal, Dawn always felt that he could become a highly recommended chief if his first option failed. She had never once seen someone or a Pokemon refuse to eat Brock's food.

Piplup and Pikachu had rushed down to the river to play with the other Pokemon, with Lopunny following. This left Ash and Dawn by themselves. When dinner was made, Ash and Dawn went to watch the sunset among the flowers.

'Ash?' said Dawn after finishing her meal.

'Yes?'

Dawn lay down in the flowers and looked up at the night sky. 'Thankyou.'

'For what?'

'Everything,' she murmured.

This comment confused Ash. 'That's ok. I guess.'

Dawn chuckled underneath her breath.

'Dawn?'

She rolled her head to face her travelling companion. 'Yes?'

'Can you remember the first day we met?'

She could actually. It was the start of her journey and she found Ash's Pikachu in the forest, who was being chased by Jesse and James from Team Rocket. Luckily, Dawn, Pikachu and Piplup seemed to get away and Dawn rushed to the nearest Pokemon Center to heal Pikachu. Somehow, she ended up fighting to keep Pikachu away from Team Rocket yet again. That was the first time she laid eyes on the young boy. He, who was looking for Pikachu, finally found them and went to extreme lengths to get his best friend back.
    'Dawn?' asked Ash, waiting for her answer.

Dawn realized that she was daydreaming. 'Sorry. Yes I do remember. You saved Pikachu from Team Rocket.'

'Hmmm… That was an interesting day,' said Ash, who was suddenly smiling.

'Why?' asked Dawn.

Ash rolled over to his side. 'Cause I meet you.'

Dawn blushed and started laughing.

'What's so funny?' asked Ash.

She didn't really know. It was just one of those moments.

Dawn went to look at Ash, who was staring right at her. Her smile disappeared and she thought about his question.

'Umm… I guess. Well…' She didn't have a proper answer. 'To tell the truth, I don't know.'

Ash looked confused but did not pursue her. Instead, he went back to looking at the stars.

'Hey Ash?'

'Yes, Dawn.'

'What did you do during the time we were separated?'

He pondered on that for a while. 'Well, first I caught a boat back to Kanto and visited my mother. Then, I went to visit my friend, Misty. Remember her?'

Indeed, she did. She had meet Misty once before and they quickly became friends. One thing that worried Dawn now and back then, was the obvious attraction Misty had towards Ash. She never acted on it, but it was there.

'Yes, I remember Misty. How is she?

'Well,' continued Ash. 'She was fine when I was there. She had taken back the role of Cerulean Gym Leader.'

'That's good,' she said unenthusiastically.

'Am I boring you?' asked Ash.

Dawn noticed she was being rude even though she didn't mean to. She quickly apologized.

'Then after Misty, I travelled by myself. Ya know, just revisiting some old places and old friends. I saw May again.'

'Really,' said Dawn, quickly becoming excited. Dawn and May got on famously with each other, even more so then Dawn and Misty.

'Yeah, she has 5 Johto Contest Badges now, but she is taking a break from contests and is helping her brother on his own Pokemon adventure.'

May's little brother, Max, had travelled with Ash and Brock before they came to Sinnoh. Max had grown fond of Pokemon but as of his age at the time, he wasn't allowed to care for a Pokemon.

'That's wonderful. I'm glad to hear about them.'

'Yeah, also May is also dating a guy named Drew.'

'Oh yes, May showed me a picture of him once,' said Dawn, remembering his appearance. 'He is a coordinator, right? He was cute guy.'

'Whatever,' said Ash, suddenly agitated. He turned towards Dawn. 'What about you?'

Dawn thought about this for a second. She couldn't tell him that she had spent 3 years mourning his leaving. 'I… just visiting some friends as well. You know, Kenny and Leona.'

'How are they?'

'Both are great. Kenny stayed with me in Twinleaf Town while you were away and I'm sure he is still there…' She had just realized something. 'Oh no…'

'What is it?' said a concerned Ash.

'I forgot to say goodbye to Kenny.' With the excitement and confusion of Ash's sudden arrival, Dawn had forgotten all about Kenny.

When Dawn had come home from her journey, she told her mother all about her adventures and spoke highly of Ash. Dawn never told her mother, but she seemed to notice that Dawn not only had a crush, but was in love with Ash. One time, when Dawn had locked herself up in her room, Johanna rang up Dawn's 2 childhood friends, Kenny and Leona to come down and see Dawn, yet Dawn knew her mother just wanted someone to keep an eye on her. Kenny and Leona were happy to see Dawn again and for some time, all 3 would hang out together. Dawn put on a brave face in front of her friends but they sensed something was wrong straight away, especially Kenny. Kenny, even from a young age, had been fond of Dawn and even still to this day, Dawn was sure he had a crush on her. Before Ash appeared again, Kenny had been awfully close to Dawn. She was flattered but she knew no one could replace Ash in her heart. Kenny was still yet to give up proving himself to her.

'Well you will have to tell him you're with me now,' said Ash.

'What you mean by that?'

'Tell him that you are travelling with me and he ain't getting his hands on ya.'

Dawn wanted to believe that Ash truly had feelings for her but she knew the boy she travelled with 3 years ago, and he wasn't the quickest on catching on to things.

'No need to worry, hey Dawn?' said Ash jokingly.

'Whatever,' she grinned. 'How long till we get to Stark Mountain?' she asked, changing the subject.

Ash took some time to answer. '3 weeks, maybe 2 if we get lucky.'

3 weeks, it sounded like an eternity.

'Will Zoey be able to…' She couldn't think of the right word to explain the situation. 'Survive' sounded as if Zoey couldn't take care of herself, or that she didn't know a lot about Pokemon, which she did. The first time Dawn meet Zoey, she could tell she knew a lot about Pokemon and had had a lot of personal experience. Yet, 'cope' also sounded wrong, as it suggested that Zoey couldn't take a little time by herself.

Ash answered her question before she could finish it. 'Survive?'

The word sent a shiver down her spine.

'Of course she will. Zoey knows a lot about Pokemon and the land. Anyway, the other people that went in with her said she had taken enough supplies with her to last her a full month.'

That bought a smile to Dawn's ever sadding face. Now that she thought about it, she should have never for one second had doubted that Zoey went in that mountain unprepared for the worst. It was just out of Zoey's nature.

'True.'

Something about her answer made Ash worry. 'Dawn, are you alright?'

'Right as rain,' she lied. She looked at her Poketch. 'Well, look at the time.' She sat up. Her hair was a mess but right now, she didn't care and she prayed Ash wouldn't notice it. Ash too, sat up. 'It's getting late. Shall we head off to bed?'

'That would be best.' Ash stood up and stretched.

As he flexed his fingers, Dawn noticed muscles on Ash's arms, legs and torso that had not been there before. She would remember if they had.

After a weird looking pelvis thrust move, Ash stuck his hand out for Dawn to grab. She decided not to take the gesture anymore than a friend helping a friend. She put her hand in his and he helped, lifting her off the ground.

The 2 friends walked back to the camp site in silence, under the guiding light of the moon. Both pitched in to clean the cooking instruments and packing them away for the night.

Once that was all done, the goodnights were said and they headed off to their tents. Dawn lifted the flap of her door, only to be stopped by the sound of Ash's voice.

'Dawn?'

'Yes?' she answered sleepily.

'Don't let the bed bugs bite.'

'No need to worry.'

End of Part 6

Last edited:
    Back