• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tokyo Ghoul

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
  • Episode three was heartwarming as well as havin the usual darkness each time the doves were shown. I like how the MC is slowly adapting to the whole new change, plus being motivated by the idea of meeting his friend as a human.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I really liked episode 3 since it delved a lot more into how the ghouls, at least in the 20th ward, survive in Tokyo. I also have a theory about what those briefcases might be:

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I really liked episode 3 since it delved a lot more into how the ghouls, at least in the 20th ward, survive in Tokyo. I also have a theory about what those briefcases might be:

Spoiler:
    Episode 3 was the last one I really liked. I didn't like how they skipped few arcs... :/
    Mamoru is fantastic as Gourmet that kinda saves the arc but I would still prefer the normal flow.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • I love this series. I actually came across it by accident, but I'm calling it a happy accident now because it's such a good show. I checked out the manga and I was a little upset they skipped so many arcs however. I wish they would make the anime longer so they can go into more depth, but it seems they are going to rush things a bit since there's only 12 episodes planned : (

Anyways, Tsukiyama is definitely my favorite character. Why do I always go for the insane, anti-villian types? I like Kaneki, the MC, as well. He goes through tremendous character growth and actually embraces his "power" and adapts, which you don't see in a lot of shounen action series. He reminds me of Lee Shioon from The Breaker in that aspect.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • I don't read the mangas (which I guess saves a lot of unhappiness since I can't tell if they skipped anything.) I have really enjoyed watching Tokyo Ghoul thus far; by far my favourite summer anime.

Spoiler:

Years
  • The latests episode IMO was the best so far.

Great debut of Kanekis mask( Even if we did see a little of it at the end of the last episode). Pretty big foreshadowing on what's to come(The connection with the ring Mado was wearing and Touka. The potential Yomo was talking about and that Mado wanted to burry the one-eyed one)
    As I said overall a great episode.
    I can't agree with the way the young investigator(can't remember the name) sees justice, it's just too black and white.
    I also really liked Kaneki in this episode. It showed how much in the middle he is(between ghoul and human).
    Sadly the anime is only 12 episodes and we got only 4 more weeks until it end. I guess I'll have to start reading the manga.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I started reading the manga, but the pacing as so different that I literally stopped because I wanted the anime to constantly surprise me. xD; The only bad thing that I noticed is that it's going faster than the manga, and I kind of wanted this anime to air for a good while. ;;

Years
  • I liked the newest episode, pretty hype. But I decided to read the manga, since everyone says it's way better.

It's like completely different. I'm only on the 25th chapter tho. They skipped so many stuff that would be interesting, changed dialogue. Changed how the scenes played out and the order of stuff is different. Also they butchered the character Amon(The young investigator), he is so different. Also Kaneki is less wimpish. Just feels totally different. Oh and the art in the manga is so damn good, but now I see why people see the anime as a bad manga adaptation.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I started reading the manga, but the pacing as so different that I literally stopped because I wanted the anime to constantly surprise me. xD; The only bad thing that I noticed is that it's going faster than the manga, and I kind of wanted this anime to air for a good while. ;;
    It was intended to be 12 eps anime from the start.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It was intended to be 12 eps anime from the start.
    Yeah, I read that recently, I just think it's a shame. It's become pretty popular, and I think it's definitely one of those that could last longer. Then again, the manga is still going, so you never know. o-o Unless it's pulling an FMA and it's so different from the manga that it can't keep going. :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yeah, I read that recently, I just think it's a shame. It's become pretty popular, and I think it's definitely one of those that could last longer. Then again, the manga is still going, so you never know. o-o Unless it's pulling an FMA and it's so different from the manga that it can't keep going. :/

I'm pretty sure that this was only animated to boost the manga's sales, so I don't think it'll pull an FMA unless it becomes SNK-level popularity. It's unfortunate =/ I think that the anime is starting to get a lot better, and while I like the premise still I'm still a little bit on the fence on whether it's great or not.

Back