• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too Soon?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Imagine the kind of projects they're jumping around right now... it must be like cooking four dishes at once, and making sure they're made perfectly. The one year releases will take a toll on them eventually if it hasn't already.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It's become that way with the book, and film world's too, and non (software) tech aka Hardware technology. In which the industries need to release every X number of years after another (books 1 year, films 2, tech 4-5?).

It may be a bad thing in the long run as they start to not have as many ideas as before. But for remakes one year is good, not much new stuff are needed (just development of the world, etc.) for them, so they make for a refreshing break from new generation pairs. If they do a third version then they'll get another relative "break". In the mean time they can focus all their remaining effort on Gen VIII.

I have to agree that GF has started to predictably and expectedly release games. If anything, all Pokémon fans would be steamed if the games don't come out in the right amount of time. But since the remakes already have most of the game planned out, and Z is just X&Y with a few modifications, the planning department may as well be fresh with new ideas for spinoffs and VII Gen as soon as they get done with Z.

Years
    I have to agree that GF has started to predictably and expectedly release games. If anything, all Pokémon fans would be steamed if the games don't come out in the right amount of time. But since the remakes already have most of the game planned out, and Z is just X&Y with a few modifications, the planning department may as well be fresh with new ideas for spinoffs and VII Gen as soon as they get done with Z.
    They leave the spin offs to others, so all their new ideas will got to VII ^_^.

And even if 'Z' ends up being a sequel it proably won't require much ideas other than in the story area (and some new Megas/formes for the legends).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

I kinda agree with you on that one. The last time GF actually shocked us is with B2W2 because we really did not expect it. For all we know, Z might be a prequel instead, tying ORAS and XY's storyline together. I hope Gen 7 will yield some new ideas and such, fresher than the other 6 generations did.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Are you kidding? It's not soon enough! I've been waiting for this remake all of my life, and low-quality ROM hacks have not satisfied me enough. I want this damn game in my hands right now.

Years
    I kinda agree with you on that one. The last time GF actually shocked us is with B2W2 because we really did not expect it. For all we know, Z might be a prequel instead, tying ORAS and XY's storyline together. I hope Gen 7 will yield some new ideas and such, fresher than the other 6 generations did.

Really? The announcement of these remakes shocked me, mostly because I expected something like the reveal of HgSs and B2W2 which were announced on the Pokemon Variety show in Japan. Or in a Pokemon Direct like XY were.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Really? The announcement of these remakes shocked me, mostly because I expected something like the reveal of HgSs and B2W2 which were announced on the Pokemon Variety show in Japan. Or in a Pokemon Direct like XY were.

Since most of us were hardpressing for remakes already, I think people just thought "About time."
    Okay, maybe it's a bit unexpected, but only because we expected it earlier. It's kind of weird XD

Then again, much of X&Y was also quite unexpected. What I really find unexpected is that with the release date so soon, I wonder why they never leaked any of this out earlier. Then it wouldn't seem 'too soon', as we would have been aware that these games were under development for longer time.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They (general they @ video game companies) not usually reveal what they are developing off the bat, especially with the bigger titles, as that takes away from their ability to build up hype for a game (it's hard to do that if it's years away), especially when they release a game every year or two as it is as well (meaning in this case they would have mentioned RSE remakes before X&Y came out). It's also more or less standard for what they've done for previous game announcements as well, and it's seemed to work for them.

Years
    Since most of us were hardpressing for remakes already, I think people just thought "About time."
    Okay, maybe it's a bit unexpected, but only because we expected it earlier. It's kind of weird XD

Then again, much of X&Y was also quite unexpected. What I really find unexpected is that with the release date so soon, I wonder why they never leaked any of this out earlier. Then it wouldn't seem 'too soon', as we would have been aware that these games were under development for longer time.
    They did a good job at keeping it underwraps. The only hint we had something game related was coming was from a post (it was facebook irc) that hinted at something big happening in Pokemon this year. We got slightly less time to speculate than XY, but I guess it's alright considering the current wait for some of us is exasperating...

Back