• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Top 3 3D Old Pokemon: Yes VS No

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The thread is about listing 'Top 3 Pokemon that you'd love to see in 3D sprites' versus
    'Top 3 Pokemon that you'd hate to see in 3D sprites', please list your reasons: why yes and why no.

Top 3 Yes list:
    • Piplup: I'm always curious about this 'hood' thing that he's 'wearing', if it's attached to him like a body part/coat or more like Scrafty's 'hood'.
    • Dwebble: We know rocks look quite the same at first glance, but every single rock's structure and shape is actually different, just like our fingerprints. Will Dwebble's stone differs from one another like Flabébé's flower? Time will soon tell us!
    • Wailord(or other gigantic Pokemon): I'm wondering how BIG will these huge Pokemon look like in Pokemon XY! One might already saw videos or even images that contains six Wailord in a Triple Battle.
    Top 3 3D Old Pokemon: Yes VS No

Hmm.. That's a a bit overcrowded there. Doesn't it make you feel happy? :D

Top 3 NO list:
    • Grimer: I heard that Grimer was depicted in black/dark brown color in previous 3D games... Eew! Black/dark brown + Grimer = reminds me of something nasty!
    • Seismitoad: Those bumpy speaker-like things tend to make me uneasy, especially when he moves/shakes them in Gen V. Imagine seeing it in 3D... Sends shivers up to my spine.
    • Exploud: Hoenn Pokemon have been my long favorites even up to these days. Though there is of the Pokemon that I always want to get rid of forget about. That is none other than Exploud! He really reminds me so much of Chucky, yes that Chucky! Look at that face!

Note:
    The 3D sprites in discussion is about exclusively about Pokemon X and Y, you may only make reference about previous 3D sprites/art from various medias such as Battle Revolution, Gates to Infinity etc... But please do not discuss them here, I don't want this thread to be locked because of talking about those here. :D​

Image credit: Google

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I hope they look as good as they did in the most recent Mystery Dungeon.

It'll be interesting to see Unown.

Years
    The thread is about listing 'Top 3 Pokemon that you'd love to see in 3D sprites' versus
    'Top 3 Pokemon that you'd hate to see in 3D sprites', please list your reasons: why yes and why no.

Top 3 Yes list:
    • Piplup: I'm always curious about this 'hood' thing that he's 'wearing', if it's attached to him like a body part/coat or more like Scrafty's 'hood'.
    • Dwebble: We know rocks look quite the same at first glance, but every single rock's structure and shape is actually different, just like our fingerprints. Will Dwebble's stone differs from one another like Flabébé's flower? Time will soon tell us!
    • Wailord(or other gigantic Pokemon): I'm wondering how BIG will these huge Pokemon look like in Pokemon XY! One might already saw videos or even images that contains six Wailord in a Triple Battle.

Hmm.. That's a a bit overcrowded there. Doesn't it make you feel happy? :D

Top 3 NO list:
    • Grimer: I heard that Grimer was depicted in black/dark brown color in previous 3D games... Eew! Black/dark brown + Grimer = reminds me of something nasty!
    • Seismitoad: Those bumpy speaker-like things tend to make me uneasy, especially when he moves/shakes them in Gen V. Imagine seeing it in 3D... Sends shivers up to my spine.
    • Exploud: Hoenn Pokemon have been my long favorites even up to these days. Though there is of the Pokemon that I always want to get rid of forget about. That is none other than Exploud! He really reminds me so much of Chucky, yes that Chucky! Look at that face!

Note:
    The 3D sprites in discussion is about exclusively about Pokemon X and Y, you may only make reference about previous 3D sprites/art from various medias such as Battle Revolution, Gates to Infinity etc... But please do not discuss them here, I don't want this thread to be locked because of talking about those here. :D​

Image credit: Google

Hmmm... Good question. Firstly though I do have to say that we already know what that thing on the back of Piplup is - it's a cape. We've seen it in the anime and in numerous other 3D(ish) Pokémon games such as Battle Revolution etc.

Anyway, back to my list:

Serperior

I've always been fascinated with serpentine Pokémon and I hope to see it's tail swing all about the place during battle.

Volcarona

This beautiful bug is going to look majestic as F*** in 3D! 'Nuff said.

Hariyama

Whilst it certainly isn't my favourite Pokémon at all (in fact, I never use it). I am just curious as to how it looks in 3D. If you look carefully, it looks like its torso is just a gigantic nose. :P

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Top 3 Yes List:

Sceptile
    I always love Sceptile design, I think the transition to 3D will make it look cooler than ever. And with attack animations now goes hand-in-hand with the Pokemon, it makes me excited to see Sceptile doing Leaf Blade :]

Meganium
    Meganium might be lackluster in battle but her (all my Meganium's are female <.<) design is lovely. She's always been one of my favorite Gen 2 pokemon. Seeing her in 3D makes me a happy little camper. Hopefully if they give her a Mega-Evo, I demand it to be as pretty as Mega!Ampharos

Milotic
    MOST PRETTIEST POKEMON EVER. I just hope they bring back her original evolution requirement, making her as a trade evolution just ruin the uniqueness of having to make the ugly-ass Feebas turn into a SUPER DUPER PRETTY MILOTIC. (*pleasemakeherafairytypepleeeeeeeasepokemongods*)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Top 3 Yes List:

Sceptile
    I always love Sceptile design, I think the transition to 3D will make it look cooler than ever. And with attack animations now goes hand-in-hand with the Pokemon, it makes me excited to see Sceptile doing Leaf Blade :]

Meganium
    Meganium might be lackluster in battle but her (all my Meganium's are female <.<) design is lovely. She's always been one of my favorite Gen 2 pokemon. Seeing her in 3D makes me a happy little camper. Hopefully if they give her a Mega-Evo, I demand it to be as pretty as Mega!Ampharos

Milotic
    MOST PRETTIEST POKEMON EVER. I just hope they bring back her original evolution requirement, making her as a trade evolution just ruin the uniqueness of having to make the ugly-ass Feebas turn into a SUPER DUPER PRETTY MILOTIC. (*pleasemakeherafairytypepleeeeeeeasepokemongods*)

They actually showed Sceptile in the latest Pokémon Direct (at least the version they have at the E-shop)

I want to see:

Rayquaza: I want to see it move around like a serpent in full 3D

Giratina: Same reason as Rayquaza

Rotom: I want to see all it's forms in 3D and see how they handle the glow it always has in these games.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I'd love to see em all in 3d sprites, it'd take away any weird angles and provide a more in depth view, I'm not saying I love every sprite, I just love the thought of 3d models in any game.

blue

gucci
    Years

Swellow ~ Swellow has always remained as my favorite Pokémon, which is the main reason why I'd like to see it in 3D.

Altaria ~ Another one of my favorites is Altaria, but I would love to see this Pokémon in 3D cause it's just so darn beautiful!

Lunatone ~ Again another favorite is Lunatone, I'd love to see how they manifest the levitation animation in 3D for this Pokémon.

Years
    Milotic
    We have another vote for milotic! Not only is Milotic my favorite pokemon, but there is always a different interpretation of its body position every generation! I for one love the RSE and BW sprites most.

Vepiquen

My second favorite pokemon. I love Vespiquen, but I have always been a bit let down that the eyes and face are difficult to discern clearly. If one didn't know better, they might not know she has red eyes. Though the bottom of the beehive is nicely done in the sprite, the stinger in the center beneath the hive is, again, not clearly conveyed. Lastly, I would love to see the rapid wing animation in 3D.

Leavanny
    I love me some Leavanny! I just feel as if it's sprite completely loses its facial attributes. I really like the detail in which it bows and wiggles its antennas, but it loses its charm with out a smile or discernible expression. The 3D animation might alleviate Leavanny of this blurred pixelation and soften the man very dark segmenting lines on it's body.

WildEagle

Years
    They actually showed Sceptile in the latest Pokémon Direct (at least the version they have at the E-shop)

Woah really? Got any pics? Don't have my 3DS with me for a few days and I want to see Sceptile xD

We have another vote for milotic! Not only is Milotic my favorite pokemon, but there is always a different interpretation of its body position every generation! I for one love the RSE and BW sprites most.

Milotic <3

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I want to see

I have never used jirachi till pokeshowdown but it was love at first site. I simply love this mons design but its paraflinch combo lol

who wouldnt want to see this epic mon in 3d lol

I too fell in love with this mon when I started playing pokeshowdown. it has a very cute design(also I would love to see how its v-create would look)
    as you all Can see I just love psychic pokemon.

as for the pokemon I DONT want to see.
    Trubbish
    Muk
    Swallot

Years
    Woah really? Got any pics? Don't have my 3DS with me for a few days and I want to see Sceptile xD

Milotic <3
    Sadly I don't :( They also showed Feraligatr and Infernape too btw.

I too want to see Milotic...I wonder what position it'll have this generation...maybe it'll go back to it's Gen 3 position (RSE remakes!)

WildEagle

Years
    Sadly I don't :( They also showed Feraligatr and Infernape too btw.

I too want to see Milotic...I wonder what position it'll have this generation...maybe it'll go back to it's Gen 3 position (RSE remakes!)

Don't tease :( Imagining RSE in Pokemon X/Y graphics. *Throws money at nintendo*

One other Pokemon I want to see is Arcanine

He always had the coolest sprites in the game, sometimes he looks like he's going to maw you down and other sprites he look like a cute puppy :3

I wonder what kind of Arcanine we'll get, a cute looking puppy position or the "i'll bite you if you touch me" position xD

Edit;

Found the Sceptile video on youtube

SO SEXY. DAT LEAF BLADE. DAT ANIMATION.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    OK, the top three Pokemom I like to see in 3D:
    Boldore: The only Pokemon with three legs, I'd like to get a blimp view to see if they form an equilateral triangle.
    Ho-Oh: Because of the wide range of colors.
    Escavalier: Impressive design.

Bottom three:
    Ferroseed, Voltorb and Pineco: They're all symmetrical designs, and these don't look much different in 3d than in 2d.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Ho-Oh: Because of the wide range of colors.

Ho-Oh, should have a glitter of golden powder like Tinkerbell or a trail of Rainbow following him.

I have the Pokédex app for 3DS so I've seen them all in 3D.

Yes, but the one in PokeDex apps, looks more realistic and smoother. While the ones in XY are cartoon-like with a twist of 3D.

Milotic
    I have to agree with the Milotic points, it's amazing that she took the shape of serpentine but having different position for every generation. I'm eager to see her animations as well!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I have actually seen a lot of them in 3D. Colo,XD, and the 2 Stadiums are pretty 3Dish and they all looked nice. I would say they will be using a more advanced style than they used in Battle Rev.

Years
    Don't tease :( Imagining RSE in Pokemon X/Y graphics. *Throws money at nintendo*

One other Pokemon I want to see is Arcanine

He always had the coolest sprites in the game, sometimes he looks like he's going to maw you down and other sprites he look like a cute puppy :3

I wonder what kind of Arcanine we'll get, a cute looking puppy position or the "i'll bite you if you touch me" position xD

Edit;

Found the Sceptile video on youtube

SO SEXY. DAT LEAF BLADE. DAT ANIMATION.
    Ikr? It's so awesome. Flame Wheel also looked pretty cool when Infernape was using it.

I'll also like to see Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem (all three of it's formes). Especially Zekrom.

tnfsf11

1. Togetic:
    My spirit Pokémon ^_^ I'm in love with its design, especially the wings because they make him look somewhat celestial, like an angel. I want to see him floating majestically in Sky Battles while kicking other birds' a**es with Zap Cannon. xD

2. Scyther:
    One of my favorite Pokémon design-wise but I never got to use him :/ I would love to see his shiny (normal irl meaning) blades & sharp wings in action ;)

3. Espeon:

The sexiest Eeveelution of them all! I wanna see her move like an irl cat with her glowing gem, I wanna see her bald & not as hairy as the other Eeveelutions (she was meant to be like that).

• DO NOT WANT:

1. Claydol:
    Not much to say here, except that it looks like a spaceship made from human eyeballs & clay. All my NOPE.

2. Snubull:

I can feel that it's going to look like an irl baby with dog teeth in a girl's dress.

3. MegaVenusaur:
    The design is okay, but the flower on its butt disturbs me...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    • WANT:

1. Togetic:
    My spirit Pokémon ^_^ I'm in love with its design, especially the wings because they make him look somewhat celestial, like an angel. I want to see him floating majestically in Sky Battles while kicking other birds' a**es with Zap Cannon. xD

2. Scyther:
    One of my favorite Pokémon design-wise but I never got to use him :/ I would love to see his shiny (normal irl meaning) blades & sharp wings in action ;)

3. Espeon:

The sexiest Eeveelution of them all! I wanna see her move like an irl cat with her glowing gem, I wanna see her bald & not as hairy as the other Eeveelutions (she was meant to be like that).

• DO NOT WANT:

1. Claydol:
    Not much to say here, except that it looks like a spaceship made from human eyeballs & clay. All my NOPE.

2. Snubull:

I can feel that it's going to look like an irl baby with dog teeth in a girl's dress.

3. MegaVenusaur:
    The design is okay, but the flower on its butt disturbs me...

I'd like to see Togekiss, they should have perfect Togekiss's sprite already... :D

Bald? NO! I don't want Espeon to end up looking like a Sphynx :S

Hmm... Imagine when Mega Venusaur uses Solarbeam, Bullet Seed...
    Ah! Where did those attack come from, you wouldn't want to know!

Back