• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Top 3 3D Old Pokemon: Yes VS No

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Yes:
    Top 3 3D Old Pokemon: Yes VS No

Archeops: I've always enjoyed watching it move its wings rapidly in battle. I'm sure I would really enjoy seeing it in 3-d.

Any form of rotom: They have this interesting bold outline that I feel would look nice in 3-d.

Infernape: Well.. This is quite obvious. The flames look pretty nice in 2-d. In 3-d they will look extraordinary.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No:

Sunfisk: Okay.... this is one ugly looking pokemon. also it is very 'flat'. A flat pokemon to me would not look so good in 3-d.

Relicanth: This pokemon always looked weird to me. Also it seemed to be at a very strange angle. It doesn't have much of a design. Overall to me, it will give me nothing interesting in 3-d compared to the plenty of other pokemon who would look just fine in 3-d.

Druddigon: I have nothing against this pokemon. But it doesn't do me any good. It's standing in an awkward position (to me) and in 3-d it would not look good.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years

3. Espeon:

The sexiest Eeveelution of them all! I wanna see her move like an irl cat with her glowing gem, I wanna see her bald & not as hairy as the other Eeveelutions (she was meant to be like that).
    Um... I almost agree except..

bald & not as hairy
    Reading that I kind of leaned away from the monitor.
    You know, it's pretty safe to say she doesn't have as much poofy fur as other Eeveelutions, but bald is really awkard, and is not the word I'd use for sure. I'd imagine she still has a decent fur coat, maybe not as much as Jolteon or Flareon, but still. Its fur apparently feels like velvet, so..

Espeon's fur aside, I do have an issue with this; Anything from 4th gen down has already been seen in 3D.

At any rate, here are some Pokémon I want to see:

Most of the Pokémon have already been seen in 3D in some form, and the ones that haven't mostly aren't all that interesting. With that said...

1: Mega Charizard - I haven't seen him yet in-game, but I bet it'd be awesome.
    2: Fennekin's missing evolution (The only stage we don't know about yet)
    3:
    Espeon/Jolteon - Yes, I cheated. But when one has a tie for a favorite Pokémon, why wouldn't they want to see them again?

Last edited:
    Years

1. I think Rayquaza is going to be one of the best 3D animated Pokemon, if this picture from SSBB is an inkling. It's a twenty foot long Green dragon sky deity. What's not to like here?

2. Something with Sand Stream, preferably Tyranitar. I'd be interested to see just how they animate weather patterns with the 3D. A big scary Tyranitar, roaring or whipping its tail around, with sand swirling around it would be soooooo cool I think.

3. Mega Charizard would be a cool one to see flying around. I think any of the Fire/flying types, especially Ho-oh, would be a sight to see.

As for the ones I don't like, probably the Klink Line, or Stunfisk. They ugly. :(

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Finally a thread about this!!!!

Lets start-
    1.Braviary....kinda gimmicky with the US flag all over it but this bird would look awsome!
    2.Milotic-it is a beautiful pokemon and they always say he is majestic...wonder how this will turn out.
    3.Scyther-he has SCYTHES. FOR ARMS. yeah.

Now for my hated pokemon in 3d:
    1.Muk- so,so ugly, and they want to make him brown apearently? oh crap. (pun INTENDED)
    2.Tynamo-there isnt really much to talk about he is practically the most useless-looking pokemon ive ever seen.
    3.Stunfisk-in the sprite he looks like he has no spine what-so-ever....it'll not be good.

Now for some pokemon who i thught will look hilarious in 3D-
    Wailord,Jynx,Gastrodon,Weezing,the whole Machop evolutionary line,Mr.mime,Slugma...to name a few.

What i really like to see is how exactly the fire would turn out to be:

Will Cyndaquill blaze burn the whole time?
    Is the fire on their bodies move?
    Will it go out a little with water-type attacks?

Guess we need to wait a month....Im so pre-ordering on Ebay.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes:
    Such a magnificent beast. In my opinion the Sinnoh starters had the best last stage/evolution( Design wise).
    Easily one of my all-time fave Pokemon.
    The pose, the smile and because I have loved this guys Since the second Pokemon movie.

No:

Is there a need to explain? Its just a pokeball, his evolution is kinda better because of the smirk. But since you will see his back and not his front its still a no no.

I just hate this guy. His looks and origin/pokedex entry are awful, Ninjask looks way better.

Ughhh every single one of them.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Yes:
    • Top 3 3D Old Pokemon: Yes VS No

؎ By far my favorite Pokemon, so I would definitely love to see his 3D model <3

؎ Because it's a 3-headed Dragon (or 1 head / 2 hand w/e) who wouldn't want to see this badass in 3D?

؎ Always loved this Pokemon, can't wait to see it in 3D!

No:

Ughhhh

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yay! It seems a lot of people agree on Rayquaza and Infernape :3

I got another set...

No:
    Ditto...it's just a pink blob...I'll imagine it'll look weird...

Stunfisk: Too flat...it won't stick out...

Grimer and Muk...same as the OP...

Yes: Huntail...I loved his animation in Battle Revolution

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yes:

Hariyama has always been a Pokemon I loved. It all started in Colosseum when I saw his model for the first time and was in awe at how much of a sumo wrestler he looked and animated. I hope they animate him the same way as Colosseum/XD did. Those stomps in his idle animation like sumos pre-match and his hand slap attacking animation like the real thing are still brilliant. Still my favorite model from those games.

It's Ludicolo. Come on now. Seeing him dance in Colosseum/XD was wonderful and I hope they don't give him any other animation because that would be unacceptable

Being a boxer myself I can't help but get rather curious in what they'll do with his animation. Although the model itself was fine in Stadium at the time his stance wasn't a boxing stance. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Boxer stances involve having your guard up and your feet ready for movement. In Stadium he just moved his arms up and down. I hope they fix it and give him an orthodox stance this time, which would get me excited.

Honorable mentions: Farfetch'd, Pinsir, Primeape, Donphan, Weezing, Tropius, Drifblim, Drapion, Scrafty, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Mantine, Tauros, Noctowl, Rhydon, Exeggutor, etc etc etc

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014

I really liked Voltorb's animation in the old 3d games, he would shake from anger and that for some reason amused me.

Its a dancing pokemon. I wanna see if it actually dances.

I actually really like Torterra's design in the first place, he has a mini landscape on his back and I would like to see it animated well.

You guys don't know how much I like Hitmonlee, he was one of my favorite from gen 1 when I was a kid and I still really like him to this day. He should have a Muay Thai stance

Caturne's animation in some of the old 3d pokemon games was appealing to me, the way he would just swing his arm was pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Top 3 Yes List:
    1. Snorlax
    This thing has spent most of the years trying to stand up, I want to see just how fat it actually is.
    2. Wailord
    It's a huge whale... do I need any other reason?
    3. Braviary
    Imagine seeing this thing from all angles as it engages in fights, that's pretty epic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

I really liked Voltorb's animation in the old 3d games, he would shake from anger and that for some reason amused me.

Its a dancing pokemon. I wanna see if it actually dances.

I actually really like Torterra's design in the first place, he has a mini landscape on his back and I would like to see it animated well.

You guys don't know how much I like Hitmonlee, he was one of my favorite from gen 1 when I was a kid and I still really like him to this day. He should have a Muay Thai stance

Caturne's animation in some of the old 3d pokemon games was appealing to me, the way he would just swing his arm was pretty cool.

I'm thinking that if Voltorb's face's gonna look 'flat' like a basketball or if it's gonna be semi-realistic like Revolution but with a little cartoon feel in it.

image: GameRadar

Torterra's Pokedex entry in one of the Gen IV games said that some Pokemon lives in its trees. I highly doubt that they'll add those tiny Pokemon on Torterra's back. But I'd be happy to see it!

tnfsf11

Reading that I kind of leaned away from the monitor.
    You know, it's pretty safe to say she doesn't have as much poofy fur as other Eeveelutions, but bald is really awkard, and is not the word I'd use for sure. I'd imagine she still has a decent fur coat, maybe not as much as Jolteon or Flareon, but still. Its fur apparently feels like velvet, so..
    I was mainly thinking of something like this.
    Maybe I'm weird, idek...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I love how creative this topic idea is, Fiery. :D It makes me think of things I haven't before... *looking through national dex list*

Most Want to See:

1. Jynx

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Jynx's design. However, I remember back in Pokemon Stadium (she had purple skin in this game), that whenever you sent her out, her lips DETACHED themselves from her body and smooched towards the camera. Whenever she fainted, her body disappeared, leaving her wig behind. Such a weird animation fit such weird pokemon.

2. Joltik

Joltik is only 4 inches long. Yet unlike Flabebe, it doesn't have a large flower to help spot it. It'll be a lot funnier to see Joltik in battle than it was in Black/White, now that it'll be displayed in its proper size.

3. Snake pokemon

The pokedex has always been unreliable when it came to their height, such as how Ekans is 6'07". Rather than telling us its height, they're telling us their length, yet it's hard to imagine how much height that translates into while they're coiled (as shown in sprites.)

Least Want to see:

1. Venusaur

This video doesn't show it very well, but whenever Venusaur got attacked, or used an attack in Stadium, its eyes went bloodshot. Venusaur used to be my least favorite fully evolved Kanto starter as a child. Years later, it's my favorite Kanto starter... largely due to how I no longer associate it with bloodshot eyes.

2. Roselia

In the anime, Roselia has been shown as being around the same height May's Combusken. In reality, it's much, much smaller. To this day, I still imagine it being much taller, and it'll be hard to adjust.

3. Roserade

Same as above, except I imagine her around the height of Gengar.

Insanium

Jimmy Cream
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I would like to see Excadrill in 3D with an animation that has him form a drill with his head and his hands. I was disappointed we didn't see that at all in the Black and White games.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Muk. I love muk. Muk is awesome, koff~

1. Muk is so bad, that the nightmare muk exists to haunt your dreams. Also, I would like them to bring back the minimize sprite. I don't know if you remember, but in the original games when you used minimize, your pokemon was replaced with a separate sprite similar to how substitute functions. I'd like to see Muk flatten out like a puddle. That'd be cool.

2. Koffing, of course. I'd also like to see if they'll put a third face on weezing. In some of it's entries it states that some have three faces. Or am I thinking of something else? Anyway, it'll be cool to see how they handle the gases emanating from Koffing.

3. Joltik. I am interested (like the op) to how they'll handle the different size aspect, as they've yet to implement something that accurately shows the differences in height between pokemon. In a sense, Joltik should be the most feared pokemon out there, as it's small size belies it's strength to take down Wailords. Think about that. Something that fits in the palm of your hand can destroy the largest pokemon in the game. Wow.

Bottom three:

Bidoof, because it's stupid

Rhyperior because it shouldn't exist (I'll never forgive the fourth generation for that mistake)

and every single unknown. I don't think they should waste so much time on those guys. At least give me some motivation to collect every single one of them. For example: If you collect every last letter of the unknown and put them all in one box, and show them to some scientist; he'll crunch them all down to a single pokemon. Remember when the unknown first appeared in their anime movie? All swirling about and such? Yes. That's what it would look like. Only all together they'd be considerably more powerful.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Well, as for the top three ... I suppose they are:

1. Ditto, if you've ever seen his PMD sprite, you can see he sometimes shapes himself like hands or other things (not transform, shape) and I think this would look interesting in 3D.

2. Porygon. While it's easy to make jags on 3D models, making them look good is a whole different story.

3. Haunter. I just want to see he doing the prankster routine he did in the anime ...

As for the ones I wouldn't like to see ...

The plain ones like Voltorb, Electrode, Ferroseed; the design's so bare they won't look all that better in 3D

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well, as for the top three ... I suppose they are:

1. Ditto, if you've ever seen his PMD sprite, you can see he sometimes shapes himself like hands or other things (not transform, shape) and I think this would look interesting in 3D.

2. Porygon. While it's easy to make jags on 3D models, making them look good is a whole different story.

3. Haunter. I just want to see he doing the prankster routine he did in the anime ...

As for the ones I wouldn't like to see ...

The plain ones like Voltorb, Electrode, Ferroseed; the design's so bare they won't look all that better in 3D

I'd like to see Ditto's face with the Pokemon it transformed into.

Though I doubt that's gonna happen.

I thought Haunter's face gonna look plain and flat, but it looks great.

I found out that most people hate seeing Voltorb, Electrode and Ferroseed. {D:}
    I surprised that Feebas was not mentioned... o_O

image: bulbapedia, nintendolife

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Ghastly in 3D would be awesome, actually, all ghost Pokemon in 3D would be amazing!
    Pokemon I don't want to see in 3D, hmm... I've got none, I want to see them all!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Ghastly in 3D would be awesome, actually, all ghost Pokemon in 3D would be amazing!
    Pokemon I don't want to see in 3D, hmm... I've got none, I want to see them all!

If we're talking about Ghosts, I'd like to see Cofagrigus specifically.

His hands looked shadowy or smoke-like in my view, yet it looks quite solid in PMD!

image: Pokemon.com

Back