• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 most ridiculous pokemon designs

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    Seriously, what I mean by ridiculous means unnatural. They don't look like species, rather they look like artificially made pokemon, except for porygon, mewtwo, the claydols, and the 3 regis.

Most ridiculous: JYNX
    I can't understand why a pokemon wears a skirt. I mean, does any species out there in the world that is naturally endowed with man-made fabrics? In addition, the two big bras really make it horrendous.

1st runner up: Combee
    Show me a picture of a hexagonal shape species in the world and prove me wrong. You see, even though after reading its nature and biology, I still can't understand why it looks akin to pictures drawn by kindergarden schoolmates.

2nd runner up: Hitmonchan
    Yet another pokemon naturally endowed with fabricated clothes, in addition, a pair of punching gloves. Oh, you should see the shiny sub-species of hitmonchan, the clothes are rendered in a different colour, which makes it more unnatural.

3rd runner up: Machamp family/Mr. mime
    Can't think of which one to put as 3rd runner up. I have to agree with my friend that machamp looks silly with the underwear and machoke with the belt. Imagine you had a real machop evolving and suddenly wearing a belt... disgusting. And, I have to agree with ign that Mr.mime looks weird, due to its resemblance of a clown.

Least ridiculous out of the ridicule: Maybe tyrouge?
    I think so, another variating design of hitmonchan, but less obvious though.

SO WHAT'S YOUR'S 5? OR MAYBE 10? Please do not give some crap like: Oh Beautifly looks silly because it is a copy of butterfree or Oh hippopodown is dumb because it is a hippopotamus.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'll avoid harping on about Bidoof in this one, it gets so much crap...I'm sure it will be covered plenty in this thread.

5- Magmar. A flaming duck with a pooper for a forehead. :/
    4- Snorunt. I actually like this Pokemon, but it's one of many that's just too creatively simple for my tastes. Cute, though.
    3- Purugly. That poor thing is the ugliest obese cluster of fur I've ever seen. They seriously could not be more imaginative than that?
    2- Stunky -> Skuntank. Stunky's face was very poorly executed imo, and the overall look hardly changes upon its evolution.
    1- Chimchar. It's just so obvious, with the chest swirl and the Charmander-like tail flame and how it is such a typical representation of a monkey; I absolutely loathe that Pokemon and its creators. Its evolutions are equally uncreative.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    5. Palkia - Have you seen this thing, it's upper body looks like something I can't say.

4. Magmar - An ass for a head and it's on fire, I can understand where it gets it strong flames from.

3. Torterra - Am I the only one who thinks the tree on its back is just plain stupid? Who has a tree growing on its back? It looks so unnatural at least Hitmonchan's Skirt suits him, the tree is juts ridiculous. What is he, a green version of Ankylomon from season 2 with a tree on its back.

2. Spiritomb - I can just imagine some guy spilling some paint and this appeared, the guy just thought this guy is good enough to pass for a GenIV Pokemon, people will be hating the new evolutions so this pile of stuff will be completely ignored.

1. Voltorb - It's a Pokeball with eyes, at least Electrode was flipped around this guy is just ridiculous. This design was more lazy than Spiritomb. I can imagine them getting stuck on making 150 Pokemon and decided to recycle the Pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Most ridiculous: JYNX
    I can't understand why a pokemon wears a skirt. I mean, does any species out there in the world that is naturally endowed with man-made fabrics? In addition, the two big bras really make it horrendous.
    Before the black face controversy, Jynx was meant to be a psychic presence akin to Ghastly. It only had the body armor and wig to give its body form, when otherwise it would be near-invisible. You can see evidence of this in the Stadium games during battle... After the controversy, they made the black nothingness purple and give it Smoochum to further make it a physical rather than psychic being.

2nd runner up: Hitmonchan
    Yet another pokemon naturally endowed with fabricated clothes, in addition, a pair of punching gloves. Oh, you should see the shiny sub-species of hitmonchan, the clothes are rendered in a different colour, which makes it more unnatural.
    I always thought the gloves were its fists. While I can't exactly prove it, I thought the clothes it wears are also a part of its body... Kinda like hair acting as fabric.

3rd runner up: Machamp family/Mr. mime
    Can't think of which one to put as 3rd runner up. I have to agree with my friend that machamp looks silly with the underwear and machoke with the belt. Imagine you had a real machop evolving and suddenly wearing a belt... disgusting. And, I have to agree with ign that Mr.mime looks weird, due to its resemblance of a clown.[/QUOTE]
    The Machamp doesn't evolve and just "get" a belt... It gets one later. Game Freak just isn't going to waste time programming the evolution sprite to have no belt, then a fixed time later the sprite has one.[/QUOTE]

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

With that said I think Bidoof takes the prize for crappiest design. >:/ Then comes Buuburn or whatever his name is now.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Umm, I just have something to say about "fabrics for body" thing. In think that those "fabrics" are actually parts of their body, making them what they are. The designer just portrayed them to look like human-like clothing.

For Jynx, she is based on mountain(hence the ice type) witches(hence the psychic type) who wore tattered red kimonos and had dark faces along with extremely light hair. It was just a matter of time that old Japanese folklore came into pop culture.

Now, sadly, I only have 1 Pokemon on my list... Spiritomb. Now really, I believe that the designer was just bored and couldn't come up with anything. I know that Spiritomb was based on 108 spirits and a spirit that was bound to one place, but really... They could have at least formed the Spiritomb to be able to take on different shapes or something...

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    #1 Arceus. That goat is quite possibly the most anticlimatic legendary that has ever been created. It's design is horrendous!!!

#2 Drifbloon/Drifblim (whatever their names are). Uninspiring, ugly, and also horrendous in terms of design.

#3 Magmorter/Tangeworth. Both don't deserve an indivdual spot, because they are both scurges of the pokeverse:///

#4 Glameow/Purugly. Just bad...

#5 Munchlax. Yes I said it- MUNCHLAX:p It looks like a weird puppet. Plus Snorlax was just fine how he was imo. It didn't need a chomo prevolution.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Magmortar, Electivire, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, and Magnezone all look hideous to me. The rest look fine in my opinion.

Scarlet the plusle

plusle lover
    Years
    i don't think bidoof looks that bad =(

anywho... I hate pretty much all the pokemon designs listed but I think sodowoodo (spelled wrong) is stupid! it's a steel tree... i mean really?! a tree and it isn't even a plant type!

I also hate blastoise it's a giant turtle with canons! that isn't natural at all it's just dumb.

Let's not talk a bout nose pass k. A rock with huge nose it's shouldn't be a pokemon it's a horrific mistake and it's just butt ugly.

Ambipom... apom did not need that ugly demented beast as its evolution. nuff said.

Snoorunt is down right awful it's a triangle with blank eyes and a giant mouth. Trust me it's like a demonic beast that eats you in an 8 yearold's nightmare.

Then there's lovedisc. It's a heart turned on it's side and that's it nothing interesting about it.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
    #1 ~ Chimchar. I never really like Fire-Fighting combos.... but this one is just ridiculous with it's appearance. It looks like a demon monkey.

#2 ~ Drifloon. I know it's supposed to be some sort of balloon thing, but it looks more like a target for an Uzi, with it's X thing on its face.

#3 ~ The crappy Normal starters. You know the normal Pokémon you can catch at the start of the game? I loathe them, especially Rattata. Raticate isn't too bad.. but.. I just hate them.

#4 ~ Growlithe. It looks like a fluffy poddle, with red markings. It drove me crazy in Pokemon Ranger >.<

Last but not least...
    Palkia. Now, not only does it looks like a plastic toy, it doesn't have a gender, and I would suspect that both Dialga and Palkia would have genders. The thing I hate most about this Pokémon is that it can learn Surf, considering the Water/Dragon combo. I don't think a Water-Dragon combo isn't good for a Pokémon.

Ayselipera

1. Rhyperior - The design killed my love for Rhydon. Those bumpy rocks all around it don't work at all. Its just way too over done. and the colors... needless to say I was really dissapointed.

2. PACHIRISU - Words cannot describe my hatred. I really don't even care if its one of the more natural looking pokemon. Its face makes me puke. Theres not one thing about it I like. What kills me more is that this is one of the only new electric pokemon they added that wasn't already part of an older generation. I swear they try to make a Pikachu like pokemon every generation. This was the fourth generation's model of Pikachu and it makes me wanna cry :(

3. Aipom/Ambipom - I always hated Aipom just for the fact that it looked annoying and used annoying moves. Ambipom I feel was a little less annoying, but it still sucks. And that hand for the tail. CREEPY.

4. Expoloud - When I first saw Whismur I said to myself, "Awhh what a cutey!" When it evolved into Loudred I was a little surprised, but it was fine with me. When I saw Expoloud I was diguested. It just gross. I don't know why, but the back sprite grosses me out a lot more.

5. Glalie - It reminds me of a cross of Gastly and Koffing. An evil looking circle... with horns. To be honest I just don't see the point. Its a floating block of ice. Atleast Frosslas has some character to it.

Well they may not be super ridiculous, but they bother me to no end.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    I found another Pokemon that has a bad design: Bagon, I do not understand how this relates to dragons...

@ Scarlet the Plusle
    These are the reasons why those Pokemon are designed that way:
    SUDOWOODO - name means FALSE WOOD, coming from the ancient root, PSEUDO meaning false
    Snorunt - Yukinko(https://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/430016361_001439755b.jpg?v=0), stalagmites, and zashiki warashi
    Nosepass - Moai(https://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/5714/34673/f/176578-Moai-at-Rano-Raraku-Rapa-Nui-5.jpg)

It's fantasy, what do you expect?

Years
    Can't think of 5 good ones off the top of my head, but Exeggutor is just some faces stuck on a palm tree with feet, Delibird is trying to look like Santa, and Ludicolo is some kind of pineapple/piñata monstrosity.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    1. Bronzong: Sorry, but when i saw this pokemon i sat there thinking WTF is that
    2.Bidoof: Simply the dumbest thing in pokemon god i hate that thing.
    3.Snorunt: WTF IS THAT
    4.Pachirisu: I also am disgusted with this pokemon. What is it? Good question. i dont know. It isnt cute at all. It looks like a figure with along tail. Man i would love to bite that things neck off.
    5.Palkia/Diagla: 1st generation Mew and mewtwo. Very good legendary pokemon. Sexy looks and strong. 2nd lugia, ho-oh and the three dogs. Epic. So much detail and purely amazing. 3rd generation. Kyogre was an ugly thing but groudon was sexy except the eyes. 4th generation. The biggest peice of crap i have ever seen. What were you thinking nintendo? How does palkia look anything special? It looks plastic like said above. When i caught the pokemon. Was i proud? No. Was i happy? No. I was disgusted. I got a peice of plastic. The same goes for you palkia.

gigapoodle

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Years
    Farfetch'd. Too simple.

Lickilicky. Lickitung was best as a no-evolve Pokemon. This just failed it.

Tangrowth. Really, man?

Whismur. Looking at that thing makes me want to stick knives in my eyes.

Barboach/Whiscash. I just ahte those things and they look ridiculously ugly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Rattata

A simple rat...That's it? How creative -_-

I surprisingly like the 4th generation though (which allot of people sems to hate right now)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love Spiritomb's design... -sigh- Anyway, I'm only gonna complain about one, because I can't organise even 5 Pokemon I have problems with. My biggest beef so far has to be this:

The heck is that? Damn, Nintendo, you was on something when this thing came to mind. It looks...unreal. I thought it was a fakemon at first because...well, just look at it. When I was waiting on the 4th generation, I was checking Serebii for updates every day. When this thing was added to the list, I almost cried in shame to be such a big Pokefan. This thing has got to go.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I love Spiritomb's design... -sigh- Anyway, I'm only gonna complain about one, because I can't organise even 5 Pokemon I have problems with. My biggest beef so far has to be this:

The heck is that? Damn, Nintendo, you was on something when this thing came to mind. It looks...unreal. I thought it was a fakemon at first because...well, just look at it. When I was waiting on the 4th generation, I was checking Serebii for updates every day. When this thing was added to the list, I almost cried in shame to be such a big Pokefan. This thing has got to go.

Really? I think that that guy is awesome :). I was thinking about using one (but then i decided to go with Tangrowth instead).

Back