• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 most ridiculous pokemon designs

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Ok, I have one, maybe more later..

Treecko is ok, I'm not a big fan.

Grovyle is just plain awesome, good design, good Pokemon.

but.....

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
    Years
    Machop family - They're too humanlike for Pokemon, and I don't like how Machop grows pants when it evolves.

Shieldon/Bastiodon - Looks like a castle wall, which is a little peculiar.

Bibarel - It's normal/water but it has the ability to propel jets of water from it's mouth. NOT SO NORMAL, ARE YOU BIBAREL?

Bronzor/Bronzong - I am not amused.

Geodude - HURR DURR IMMA ROCK WIFF ARMS

Lunatone/Solrock - A little too unnatural for my taste.

Igglybuff - Probably the simplest, and by extention, most forgettable Pokemon I can think of.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pikachu: Yes, I said it. From its overweight body, to its stupid smile, to those ugly red dots on its face, there is not one redeeming quality about its design.

Pichu/Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu: You take Pikachu, alter it slightly, and spawn new Pokemon that look like 5 minutes was spent on designing them.

Lickilicky/Tangrowth - Their pre-evos weren't the most attractive Pokemon, but at least they didn't look as disproportional as their new forms...

Growlithe/Arcanine: Hey, here's an idea! Let's throw so much fur on these things so that they look like giant orange hairballs!

Manaphy/Phione: Wow. They're floating blue blobs with antennae who smile. Betcha someone came up with their design after a night of hard drinking and use of controlled substances.

Rattata: It's a rat. It's purple. Big deal. I could come up with that in my sleep.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Probopass does look like Mario, eh? I never saw that one. I think he looks like Josef Stalin, myself. :P

Well admittedly, I usually dislike Pokemon not because they look ugly, because they look pointlessly cute. Thus, my top five ridiculous designs are as follows:

5) Roselia

4) Cherrim

3) Chikorita

2) Marill

1) Jigglypuff

Dark Shade

It's already too late...
    Years
    RIGHTS FOR BIBAREL!!!!

Back on topic...

I can honestly say that the only pokemon I hate is Purugly. It's just a really fat ugly cat with the worst name in the world. Nothing against glameow though.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Probopass does look like Mario, eh? I never saw that one. I think he looks like Josef Stalin, myself. :P

Josef Stalin = Probopass LOL!

I love Probopass by the way! It may be ugly, but I don't think it's unoriginal or ridiculous.

Well then, disregarding ugliness among other things, these are my top 5 ridiculous pokemon designs:

and now, just a few honorable mentions.......

Ledian, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Magby, Pupitar, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Ludicolo, Hariyama, Plusle, Minun, Roselia, Swalot, Sharpedo, Castform, Luvdisc, Chimchar, Pachirisu, Happiny, Drapion, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Togekiss, Dusknoir, Phione, Manaphy

Enjoy!

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    My Top 5 Pokemon Designs I'm not fond of:

5: Ambipom - Just cuz of it's face really...I can't stand looking at it..it's a great pokemon though.

4: Combee - It looks like a four year old drew it.

3. Lickylicky - Seriously, Lickitung could've had a MUCH better evolution.

2. Wormadam - What is this thing?

1. Probopass - SERIOUSLY, Nosepass was fine. But what happened..??

Honorable mentions:
    Jynx, Purugly, Bronzong, Magezone, Shelgon, Tangrowth.

I don't mind Bidoof/Bibarel...=x

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    My top 5 I don't necessarily dislike, but they just seem ridiculous:

5. Lucario: I'm all for cool looking Pokémon, but this just looks like a Digimon or something.

4. Arceus: Ha ha, I get it. The lamb of God.

3. Jynx: -_-

2. Heatran: I get that it's fire type, but... wth!

1. Exeggutor: This thing just tops off the chart. Looking at it makes me want to spill my guts...

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I daresay I disagree with a lot of these. Wobuffet, Swalot, and Drifloon are things I could see myself getting a T-Shirt of. I really like the silly ones, but there are some that make me embarassed to be playing the games (well, moreso than I already am). Combee looks like the Death Bee from Invader Zim. https://www.invaderzim.tv/images/ep8p4.jpg

Bibarel: It looks like it's from a blasted Disney movie.
    Happiny: Based on Humpty Dumpty? I hope it has a great fall!
    Rhyperior: As said before, it looks like a goddamn toilet.
    Lickilicky: Can't Lickitung just evolve into a member of KISS or something?
    Jynx/Lopunny: Designing Pokemon after Blow-Up-Betty dolls and the Playboy Bunny isn't going to bring you older fans.

Kathryn.

That shy girl.
    Years
    HONCHCROW!
    Murcrow did not need an evolution, its hair is a hat! BIRDS DONT EVEN HAVE HAIR! It looks like a pimp for gods sake, and shiny? Oh god it's even more of a pimp.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    First I have to say I adore Bidoof (Bibarel is okay too) but maybe because I'm Canadian and we have beavers on our nickels, so when I saw it I thought it was awesome. I don't mind pokemon that resemble real-life animals. That goes for Rattata and such as well.

The ones I really dislike are:

Licky-licky: WHY??! Lickitung was funny and kind of cute. This is just makes no sense.

Shieldon: I keep thinking that thing will fall flat on its face and become unable to stand up again. I love dinosaurs, but that thing just makes me roll my eyes.

Grotle: I think Turtwig is pretty cute, and I love the GIANT TURTLE Torterra, tree and all, but UGH Grotle. It's squat and clumsy-looking. Anytime I use Turtwig I don't let it evolve until the next level will be Torterra.

Sceptile: I never use Treecko because this is what I would end up with. Blech. The tail or whatever that is looks like some kind of pipe brush. Overall it looks stiff instead of agile, and that's sad after Grovyle.

Shiftry: I'm sure it's a reference to some kind of forest spirit, and I might be okay with the crazy hair and nose and lack of hands if it wasn't for those ridiculous-looking feet. I cannot get over those "stilt" things.

Manectric: It looks like it's wearing plastic armour.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    eggsecute (i think) - eggs with faces. wow

raticate - a rat! at least ratata was purple!

granbull - repulsive snubbul was ok but it didn't need an evo

i agree with pikachu being ugly. plusle isn't i luvs it! :'(

I liked Eggsecute, and Snubull was ok-ish, but Pikachu? Really??

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    ok...
    my top 3 cuz i dun have any more.

-groudon that looks like its yawning

-venonat cuz it looks like its lost and not found.

-ursaring cuz it's pedobear [look @ spoiler]
    Spoiler:

kilaa1000

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    1. Magemite: Its a magnet with an eye
    2. Grimer: Walking sludge?
    3. Exeggcute: A bunch of eggs together? they should be counted as one egg= one pokemon logically.. wonder what happens if u smash 1 egg...
    4. Tangrowth: It looks like a spaghetti cooked very awfull so it gained his own life
    5. Regi(any): They look more like ancient machines then pokemons, especially Regigigas, he reminds me of a gambling machine somehow

ggooostie

N/A( none to ask )
    Years
    Simply bad Pokemon designs:
    5: Probopass: Seriously, it looks like a Pokemonized version of Mario
    4: Regigigas: Awful excuse for a Pokemon. I hate the grassy stuff that sticks out of its body
    3: Shelgon: Uhhh... This Pokemon is the pre-evelution of Salamence?! Oh well...
    2: Shaymin: It doesn't look like a Pokemon, let alone a legendary... To me it looks like some sort of dustbunny
    1: Phione: ... Rippoff of Manaphy. I know that you need to breed Manaphy to get this thing but.... it's got this THING sticking out of its head and no lower half of a body...

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Jynx: Ever since I saw that mutant Mr. Popo, I always shudder with disbelief on my it is created. Seriously...

Probopass: Nosepass is much more OK than that. And the image idea is from Mario. lolz

Spinda: Obvious? The swirley drunken looking guy from the Salty-Spitoon...

LickyLicky: The big pink fat baby from the crib got mutated from steriods...

Bidoof/Bibarel: The goofy ones. #1 on the list. And it's obvious ain't it?

4: Regigigas: Awful excuse for a Pokemon. I hate the grassy stuff that sticks out of its body
    2: Shaymin: It doesn't look like a Pokemon, let alone a legendary... To me it looks like some sort of dustbunny

Don't you dare insult them in front of my face. >:(

Last edited:
    Back