• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tougher D/D/P Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I just looked at the D/D/P Main section (Not Battling/Trading),

Look at the amount of Closed/Moved threads,

Clearly people keep posting in the wrong section numerous times, and it gets kind of annoying getting your (rule-abiding) thread pushed back 2 pages because of all the Locked/Moved threads. It's frustrating because I'm the last post on my thread, and I can't post again, but nobody can see it to post in it.

There are a TOTAL of 23 Locked and Moved threads on the FIRST 2 pages.

So I think the rules should be enforced more, or at least another idea for the amount of Closed/Locked threads.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Seeing so many locked, and some moved threads does show that the D/P/P forum is not tough on things, and especially when we get so many new members who post very nooby threads without even looking for an answer before hand.
    Therefore a new solution may be needed to be looked at

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
    People break the rules, and or their questions are answered, thus the threads are locked. I fail to see what are you suggesting by "more enforcement." Threads can not be deleted as threads are only deleted when they are severe. Not to mention locked threads are there to set an example of what not to do. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum may look like a mess, but what more do you want? The staff in that forum deal with everything promptly as well.

You're frustrated over locks, yet you suggest more rule enforcement, which... by the sound of that looks like more locks. By "more rule enforcement" what are you suggesting they do? Because, from what I see, they're doing everything they can.

D/P/P is tough on things, someone breaks a rule or something is answered, they lock. (That's how it works) And when it's put in the wrong section, it's moved. The same goes for other forums, D/P/P just has a lot of members that don't understand how things work. And you could never "remove" the newbie members. Repeated offenders get infractions, too. It's not the same person doing the wrong thing multiple times, it's different and multiple people. So, saying D/P/P is not a tough forum is more of a shot to the excellent moderation of it overall, in my eyes. The fact is, honestly, many members that are new to forums flock there. By "rule enforcement" you want even more of a crack down on things... Thus, that should frustrate you more. That forum has a lot of work, and there's not much people can do about it. If rules were not enforced, you wouldn't see locked threads. :| We all can't see the infractions they issue too, so don't think a lock always means no infractions either.

As for your own threads, you have numerous ways to get your thread looked at. You have a signature, could ask for help from friends to keep it up on the front page, advertise your thread on instant messengers, etc...

It's a very difficult forum to run, and overall I think classicrockfan and DeanoDance (And to another extent, Apostle) do an excellent job, and are doing what they can.

Well, that's my take on the matter~

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    o___________O;
    I wasn't expecting a big rant on things.
    But really, either way Locked threads are very annoying.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    i belive that there should be a whole thread at the bottom of the index that all of the locked/closed topics get moved to, so there is less clutter for the real threads that matter. I have been to 3 forums that do that and it seems to work out well. Though only the mods and admins can post there, its like a garbage dump for those that dont like to delete topics.

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
    AJ™ said:
    o___________O;
    I wasn't expecting a big rant on things.
    But really, either way Locked threads are very annoying.

Don't get me the wrong way, I know exactly where you're coming from, but just saying there's not a whole lot they can do.

i belive that there should be a whole thread at the bottom of the index that all of the locked/closed topics get moved to, so there is less clutter for the real threads that matter. I have been to 3 forums that do that and it seems to work out well. Though only the mods and admins can post there, its like a garbage dump for those that dont like to delete topics.

I find that rather pointless, to be honest. Locked threads are there to set an example, and an entire forum devoted to locked threads... Well, seriously, the people that NEED to look at it, never will, frankly. The only people that'd visit that kind of forum would visit when they're really bored. Thus, the threads need to stay in their forum so they can set the example there.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Thats not what i mean, its not deticated to locked threads you just move them ther so the board is less cluttered. Its not a "Hey look at me, come on inside" thing its just there, it is not ment to be visited by the members, it is a dump. And i thought we had Rules to set an example. Having locked topics just sitting there is just stupid and a waste of space. And since you guys fro some reason dont delete them, i think there should be a place for them. I dont think some member that reads a locked topic is going to have a life changing revelation of following the rules and being a saint, they see locked topics and move on, unless it was there own, then they just get mad.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    A giant heap of Closed Threads?

Isn't that kind of strange?

It is an alternative to keeping the real threads, full of useless crap isnt it. And for the places that have one acually works. Once a mod locks it a few hours later they move it to that forum, so the member has a chance to see it. Of course no one but the higher ups can post there(mods, admin, staff).

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, there is a huge heap, but you can't do nothing about it. Mostly moved thread are in the Diamond/Pearl Q & A thread, and the rest are pointless. can you do something? I'd rather have locked threads that're answered instead of open noobish threads.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    The trouble is, guys, new members (and some others who don't properly read the rules) ask simple questions that really should be asked in the Q&A sticky. I lock the threads and tell the posters to ask any further questions in said thread. Other threads are simply spam, or are threads that I cannot move due to belonging in no particular section, or I don't have the permission to merge them with various stickies in other forums.

If things don't improve over the next few days, rest assured that I will be posting an annoucement in D/P/P that asks potential posters to read before posting any question they may need asking. Either that or I will try and contact higher staff to implement a thread-approval system similar to that with other forums conduct.

I know it's a mess, and it looks ugly, but I'm doing what is best for the forum, and only doing my job. I know D/P/P is a very active part of PokeCommunity, and I will do my best to make it a better place for all it's posters.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Thank you for kindly responding, Deano. :)

I hope things do get better, because I agree: It does look very bad.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Thank you for kindly responding, Deano. :)

I hope things do get better, because I agree: It does look very bad.

No problem.

I want what is best for the forum, as much as you do. I'm not going to just sit idly by and lock threads as and when they need to be; I'll be looking to improve the forum in any way I can.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    That's what I was trying to do, when creating this thread.
    I appreciate the forums, but this is getting a LIIIITTLE out of hand.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    D/P/P is chaotic by nature. It's the first Pokemon-related forum that pops up while scrolling down, meaning it's the first place all of the newbies will go. And since nobody reads the rules or stickies (heck, even I haven't. :/), they will undoubtedly post a stupid thread or two, which are inevtiably locked. They may learn, but it doesn't matter, because another newbie posts another dumb thread in their place. It's an endless cycle, and I doubt any amount of toughness short of requiring moderator approval to post threads will do a thing about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back