• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Toughest Elite 4 Member?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    That stupid Garados was the last pokemon out of all the E4 and I had to miss him TWICE with my lvl 79 Blazikin. That made me so mad, that I had to fight the E4 all over again after how unlucky I was.

Non-Legend

Forever Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Drasna's Dragalge Was the toughest pokemon for me since I wasn't expecting gamefreak to release a dragon type that counters and almost defeats the purpose of fairy types in the same generation they were introduced, most fairies I've seen so far are special atk/def oriented.

Dragalge happens to be a sp.def tank with posion typing to cancel the weakness >.> My pangoro had to be the one to take it out after floette died to a poison attack >.>

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    To be honest I had no problems with them lol.
    My pokemon were 20 levels ahead of the E4 though....

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Least weak elite 4 member would have been a more appropriate title.

Siebold I guess, though that's not saying much. Brock could have swept the floor with him.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • I didn't have much difficulty with the E4, considering I had one pokemon in my party that could individually take down the whole E4. I was expecting them to have 5-6 pokemon each too.

Fire E4 - Blastoise
    Water E4 - Jolteon
    Steel E4 - Delphox
    Dragon E4 - Swirlix's evolution (can't remember the name, mine has a nickname.)

Not to mention with exp. share on the whole game, my pokemon were ridiculously over leveled..

So yeah, the Elite 4 and the Champion were a joke. n_n'

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    I pretty much wrecked the elite four with a planned out strategy.

Steel: Blaziken pretty much had this from the start, taking out everyone with his fire and fighting moves.

Water: Rozerade could take this team with an arm tied behind his back. The only trouble was Gyarados, but my Rozerade's speed was better, and took it out with a quick Hidden Power (Rock).

Dragon: My Mega-Blastoise tanked the entire team with ice beam, and if when he fell, I had my Lucario to finish up the scraps with his Speed and Attack power.

Fire: Blastoise also had this one for the majority of the fight, falling only to the Chandelure at the end.

The champion wasn't too bad, and I was pretty prepped up for the fight, but that Gardeviour's speed was nothing compared to half my team.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • They were all pretty easy to be honest...
    The one that was maybe more difficult than the others, was steel.
    It really depends on your team :P

On another note... I think they made the Elite Four and Champion way too easy in this game.
    Every other game I played, I got F'd up like 10 times before I was able to beat the league. Here I beat it on the first try, and without using more than 3 pokemon to be honest... Also my highest level was 62 and lowest was 59.

I really love this game and think it's probably the best game since HeartGold, but they really should have worked on making the league harder.

Years
  • Siebold was the only one I had trouble with. My Talonflame and Delphox destroyed the steel types, my Blastoise mega evolved and Surfed the ever-loving crap out the fire types, and my Tyrantrum destroyed the dragon types with Draco Meteor (basically, Draco Meteor then immediately switch), but I was unprepared for the water types. Granted, I did take out the Champion without too much trouble (lost half my team though, so glad I wasn't doing a Nuzlocke), but this is why I should use a grass- or electric-type.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Wikstrom was the only one my Sylveon couldn't solo. Everyone else my Sylveon demolished XD

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Siebold because i freaking hate fighting Gyrados! That and Wikstrom because of him constantly spamming the crap out of full restores

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    Dragon type set me aback,but that was the only one and it didnt last long after i taught gengar dazzling gleam

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    That Aegislash....so annoying @_@ I found the dragon type to easy D: due to having Xerneas.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Elite 4

I'm almost done with pokemon x and y's main story. I'm currently stuck on the elite 4 though since im underleveled. I'm WAY to lazy... What should i do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    How are you underleveled? Did you trade your high-level pokemon away, or did you not turn on the EXP share? Either way, I recommend you just spend all of your money on revives/items (so that you have nothing to lose when you inevitably are defeated) and tackle the elite four (whichever one you can beat) a lot of times with your EXP share ON. If you have a lucky egg, give it to the pokemon you think you'll need most for the battles.

Battle that trainer a few times and your pokemon should be higher leveled.

If this option doesn't appeal to you, but you have a pokemon that knows Earthquake or Lava Plume and another that knows sweet scent, I recommend having Horde Battles against Weepinbell on Route 19 (I think). You should rack up exp quickly (maybe 15-20 mins). Again, make sure to turn your EXP share ON and give your lucky egg to one of your pokemon.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • The elite 4 for me were all one hits... so i don't know how to help you i would turn on exp share and grind to there level. I was 5 lvl's bellow them.

They were all a breeze for me, thought the champions main took out 5 of my pokemon...(one was pikachu so it doesn't count)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    my first go through the elite 4 was a complete joke. i guess wikstrom was the "strongest" because of sturdy, that pokemon was able to use 1 move (still did almost no damage)

gardevoir beat dragons and water (had thunderbolt)
    charizard beat steel
    greninja beat water
    and i only really used gardevoir and tyrantrum against the champion.

on a side note: all my pokemon were ~ level 60 when i got to the elite 4

Back