• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Toughest Elite 4 Member?

datgreentea

nomnomnom ^^
Years
  • I suppose it was the Water-type one. With Reflect on, my Special Attacks weren't doing much, and thus his Gyarados garnered up quite some power/speed with that Dragon Dance of his. As soon as he Mega-evolved, it was over.

Unlike our second battle, I shot him down once with a Thunderbolt and he was a goner. ;)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I had a bit of trouble with Drasna, since my Floatzel ran out of Ice Beam - stupid on my part on not keeping my Ethers or Elixirs for the Elite 4 (I foolishly sold them to buy Full Restores and Revives - and I didn't even need them), and the water attacks did little damage. I ran out since Drasna used the Restores a lot. Aside from that, I found the Elite 4 to be much easier than the previous generations. I only used 2 Pokemon to take down the Elite 4.

Wikstrom's Steel types - Flowers my Floatzel (it has very high affection from Pokemon Amie) took down all 4

Malva's Fire Types - again Flowers took down all 4 easily

Drasna's Dragon types - Flowers took them down, struggled on one since ran out of Ice Beam

Siebold' Water types - my Watchog took down all 4 of them with Thunderbolt and very high affection.

I bet the Elite 4 would have been much tougher if I had not spent 80% of my Pokemon X playing with Pokemon Amie. It gave my Pokemon higher critical hits and made them avoid attacks a lot more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    The water type was quite hard especially the starmie

How are you underleveled? Did you trade your high-level pokemon away, or did you not turn on the EXP share? Either way, I recommend you just spend all of your money on revives/items (so that you have nothing to lose when you inevitably are defeated) and tackle the elite four (whichever one you can beat) a lot of times with your EXP share ON. If you have a lucky egg, give it to the pokemon you think you'll need most for the battles.

Battle that trainer a few times and your pokemon should be higher leveled.

If this option doesn't appeal to you, but you have a pokemon that knows Earthquake or Lava Plume and another that knows sweet scent, I recommend having Horde Battles against Weepinbell on Route 19 (I think). You should rack up exp quickly (maybe 15-20 mins). Again, make sure to turn your EXP share ON and give your lucky egg to one of your pokemon.
    I never had my exp share on all game.. so my pokemon were quite underlevvelled too. i did grind my sneasel my venausaur and my heliolisk so they were at least in their 50s haha.

Havent beaten the champion yet though...

I hate that you have to 2 or 1hko them because of their unending supply of full restores, I wish you could choose between a full restore and a non healing mode. I prefer the non healing battles more.

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I trained my team till level 65, I only had some problems with that (why GF why?!) Psychic/Fairy Gardevoir of Diantha >_> I used my Goodra with Thunderbolt against the Water-type, My Delphox against the Steel-type (easy with Flamethrower/ Fire Blast), Aurorus/Sylveon/Noivern against the Dragon-type, My Clawitzer against the Fire-Type and the Champion was pretty much a mix of all my Pokemon in my team, but used my Sylveon the most there (that Mega Gardevoir kept knocking out most of my Pokemon so I had a lot of Revives etc., damn Shadow Ball >_>)

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • The only E4 member I had any real trouble with was Siebold. His Gyarados almost wrecked me. The rest of the E4 and the Champ was a joke, though.

Years
  • I hated Siebold! His Gyarados was so annoying and always managed to take down my team. Thankfully with some level-training I was able to get past him and the other E4.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Dragalge, koffi~

I love the thing, but it was the most difficult Pokemon for me to face down. Showing up and fighting the dragon lady first and facing Dragalge first. . . It was all smooth sailing after that. Malva's Chandelure was annoying as well, koff~

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I honestly had virtually no problem with this E4. They were all rather disappointing (less so than the Gym Leaders though, both in terms of difficulty and design.) Love Malva though, wish she had been a bit tougher.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    the hardest member was Siebold mainly because i had neglected getting an electric type and his Gyrados set up a few Dragon Dances

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • None? I was pretty overleveled by the time I got to the Elite 4, so none of them posed much of a threat against my team. I look forward to replaying the game again (after PokéBank is available), but this time without being so overpowered by turning my Exp. Share off.

Back