• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toys-R-US Dragonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    yeah they should be discussed
    i missed the alamos darkrai event by a week so i had to trade it from someone

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I probably won't go. The last event I went to was the GameStop Deoxys giveaway, but for some reason my local GameStop wasn't giving them away. :(

I got that Deoxys online, as I'll probably do with this Dragonite, if for some reason I feel the urge to do so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This is why these threads should be allowed. People don't know about events unless they are discussed.

Agreed.

As for the actual event, it is nice to see Nintendo starting to bring the Japanese events over, even if this is relatively short notice. I don't know if I'll be going to this one, though, considering how the Pokemon itself is not exactly new and the closest Toys-R-Us is half an hour away. We'll see, though.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Yay! Another "Who is UK? They don't need Events. Event.

Wouldn't this of made sense to be distrubuted via WiFi? As they are not promoting anything like other events?

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • But wasting gas driving there is much more fun. Especially when you're going with other 17 year olds, like myself. Plus not everyone has Wi-Fi. I think more people have access to TRU than Wi-Fi.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • But wasting gas driving there is much more fun. Especially when you're going with other 17 year olds, like myself. Plus not everyone has Wi-Fi. I think more people have access to TRU than Wi-Fi.

I guess so. However it seems that the events are mostly never advertised offline. Usually people only find out via online. A lot of people miss events all the time because they simply didn't know they where happening. Like someone in this thread said "he/she missed the event for Darkrai".

So if the only method of advertising is via the Internet, mainly only people who seen it on the Internet will go. This is why I say they should just do minor events (which don't promote new Pokemon products) might as well be done via WiFi.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    im definitley gonna get it since i do collect events
    my toys r us is near me so i could just walk there

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Simple Nintendo hates Canada.They might as well get an Alamos heck even Holland has one.

lol, there's a Nintendo of Canada that deals with the events as well as distribution of Nintendo products in Canada. So Nintendo (as a whole) hates NOC o.O? The only thing you can do and expect results is to send an Email saying there are plenty of Pokemon fans in Canada that want Pokemon Events. Otherwise, there's nothing else you can do.

EDIT: Even Korea gets events. So it would probably be a matter of profits over hate.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Im not Canadian but really how many years have they been doing an events and how many events has Canada had 0.Even Korea had events.Ok so an email like this Dear person from Nintendo taking my email whats the deal with no Canadian events do you have something against them I want some Canadian Events NOW!Then Nintendo sends an email back try the US.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back