• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    That person is an imposter! They're trying to get rid of me. D:

Anyways, I don't know what shiny I want next. D: Cherrim? Minccino? Growlithe?? Mawile would be cool too. Too many choices. D:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Breed!? I just want a 5IV Timid Yveltal in a Premier Ball!! Stupid RNG....

Years

I am not EV...

Lol. You are not fooling anybody.

Trade Corner DCC

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, some people say it's kinda like Blissey, since it can use Heal Bell, and unlike that one it can actually attack. Even if not for much, it's one of those Pokémon that can be creative should you try to use it.

Too bad it can't learn Wish, though. :( If it did, it would've been able to make an amazing alternative. At least it has access to Milk Drink, so that sort of makes up for it.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Too bad it can't learn Wish, though. :( If it did, it would've been able to make an amazing alternative. At least it has access to Milk Drink, so that sort of makes up for it.

Unfortunately, no one can compare to Chansey/Blissey as a Wish abuser. The best next options are Vaporeon/Alomomola. But yes, Miltank would have been a great wish alternative. You could try Umbreon, both have the same HP, access to Heal Bell and are weak to fighting. Umbreon has a much better SpDef, though, but is a lot slower and cannot hit as hard as Miltank can.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Unfortunately, no one can compare to Chansey/Blissey as a Wish abuser. The best next options are Vaporeon/Alomomola. But yes, Miltank would have been a great wish alternative. You could try Umbreon, both have the same HP, access to Heal Bell and are weak to fighting. Umbreon has a much better SpDef, though, but is a lot slower and cannot hit as hard as Miltank can.

I believe we had a conversation about Umbreon earlier in this thread but I will help you out. Sylveon has the same HP/SDef as Umbreon and can learn Heal Bell + Wish as well. Sylveon also has an offensive presence that Umbreon lacks. Umbreon is garbage, never use it.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I believe we had a conversation about Umbreon earlier in this thread but I will help you out. Sylveon has the same HP/SDef as Umbreon and can learn Heal Bell + Wish as well. Sylveon also has an offensive presence that Umbreon lacks. Umbreon is garbage, never use it.

But Sylveon has a terrible defense stat. Physical attacks decimate Sylveon.

I suggested Umbreon as an alternative to Miltank because of the similarities they share. Almost identical defense stats, Umbreon's being a tad better, identical HP stats and access to support moves like Heal Bell. It also has the quality she wanted in Miltank, but that sadly it can't offer, Wish. It is a logical alternative.

I never said Umbreon was a great competitive pokemon nor that there weren't better options. Sylveon outclasses Umbreon in almost every role, yes. But it doesn't outclass Umbreon in being a physical wall, the role that Miltank plays. You can't replace a Miltank with a Sylveon.

Besides, Umbreon might be garbage in Smogon OU, but in UU it is a great pokemon and very common. VGC is also known to be unpredictable. I remember that a guy won a VGC regional tournament one or two years ago with a team that had Garbodor and Umbreon in it. Umbreon makes one of the best stallers in the meta game.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    A fair point. I was also thinking that the fact both Miltank and Umbreon are weak to fighting isn't a good thing. Fighting is one of the first coverage moves a Pokémon will go for if it has one available.

I've personally been testing out a Physically Defensive Sylveon and it works pretty well. Use a Bold Nature with 252 HP / 252 Def. Your mixed walling ability comes from Calm Mind boosting an already high SDef. Have Leftovers for passive recovery and the obvious support skills.

Sylveon is weak to Poison and Steel, more rare than Fighting. Also if you don't have access to Gen 5 move tutors for Pixilate Hyper Voice you use Cute Charm. While this may seem useless it actually helps against Physical Attackers you're trying to wall. I run into more Male Pokémon so using a Female Sylveon gives you a 30% chance to inflict Infatuation when they make contact with you.

The worst thing about Umbreon is the best you can do to stall out an attacker is Toxic. Foul Play is there and about the best thing Umbreon could ever wish for but you run into the same problem as with Hyper Voice Sylveon.

You simply need 5-6IV Eevee with the proper Nature in a Gen 5 game to tutor the proper moves. This may be hard to find so if you're really set on it, look into trades here. Remember that trading in Gen 5 will be shut down soon.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    A fair point. I was also thinking that the fact both Miltank and Umbreon are weak to fighting isn't a good thing. Fighting is one of the first coverage moves a Pokémon will go for if it has one available.

I've personally been testing out a Physically Defensive Sylveon and it works pretty well. Use a Bold Nature with 252 HP / 252 Def. Your mixed walling ability comes from Calm Mind boosting an already high SDef. Have Leftovers for passive recovery and the obvious support skills.

Sylveon is weak to Poison and Steel, more rare than Fighting. Also if you don't have access to Gen 5 move tutors for Pixilate Hyper Voice you use Cute Charm. While this may seem useless it actually helps against Physical Attackers you're trying to wall. I run into more Male Pokémon so using a Female Sylveon gives you a 30% chance to inflict Infatuation when they make contact with you.

The worst thing about Umbreon is the best you can do to stall out an attacker is Toxic. Foul Play is there and about the best thing Umbreon could ever wish for but you run into the same problem as with Hyper Voice Sylveon.

You simply need 5-6IV Eevee with the proper Nature in a Gen 5 game to tutor the proper moves. This may be hard to find so if you're really set on it, look into trades here. Remember that trading in Gen 5 will be shut down soon.

Well, most of us RNG'ers, and we are a lot, don't have a problem getting one. It shouldn't be very hard when looking in the correct places. I've done some trades for some of my Eevee with those characteristics. Trading in gen 5 will be shut down but poketransporter will still work, so it wont change the availability of gen 5 tutor moves.

Do you need a HA Hyper Voice Eevee? Flawless and either Modest, Timid or Bold.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Actually yes I do lol. Not sure what you need, I haven't done anything but SR for Yveltal on Y recently. I think I've been at this for about 8 days. Got a 5IV missing Atk but neutral nature on my last reset.

I could use either Timid or Bold. Both are great for Sylveon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back