• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer personas

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • So, if you are a trainer in a "real pokemon world", what kind of a trainer would you be?

For example, would you be a trainer that strictly prefer strong pokemon and trains them in the toughest conditions without them getting a break? Or, maybe you'd be a type of trainer that only prefers cute pokemon to play with all day? Would you punish your pokemon? Or, maybe you'd be a trainer that is a reflection of your own personality?

[just maybe think about those kind of stuff.]

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    That last one. Pokemon seem smart enough so I'd treat them the same I would a friend of mine. And I wouldn't follow any guidelines on how to obtain pokemon, I'd get whatever I like. The only specifics I can go into is that I would probably stick to a limited number of pokemon once I've gotten some of each type, size and locale, just because I wouldn't want to leave tons just sitting in a pc or if we're using the manga's logic sitting on my belt.

Years
  • I'd probably do a combination cute and tough, raising them through a mix, eg. Giving my Vulpix a treat for thrashing his/her opponent in battle.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mine would be fairly strong, but also cool (not necessarily cute) looking. I wouldn't specialze in one type. And yeah, I'd probably get mad at them if they lost a match horribly, but I'd usually treat them pretty well.

Years
  • I'd just pick my favourites, and I wouldn't be harsh, even if they did something bad. Of course I'd give them a break - they aren't machines lol!! :D I'd treat them with respect, otherwise I wouldn't expect them to respect me back and work with me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I would work very hard with them, absolutely. I would also want to find new and creative ways to utilize their moves (for example, a hyper beam towards the ground send the pokemon flying) stuff like that. But of course, we'd have a lot of fun and I'd treat them with absolute respect.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd be kind to them...and I probably wouldn't end up with a water pokémon, or a bug-type. I suppose Swampert, Empoleon or Samurott possibly, but no reptiles or fish.

I'd probably want a dragon for all of time, but never find one.

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
  • I would capture whichever pokemon I liked and train them often. I would mostly love the traveling and exploring aspect so I'd like to go to all the gyms. If my pokemon had bad habits, I'd scold them but I wouldn't be harsh. In battle as long as they did their best that'd be good, though I might get frustrated. If they weren't very tough, I could make up for it by being clever and strategizing more in battle. I'd focus on their good traits.

I'd be very kind and encouraging and take good care of them :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would catch a certain pokemon I liked, and train them about 2 hours a day. I'll give them generous rewards (Pokeblocks and the like) and let them rest if they were tired. If my pokemon weren't behaving well, I would just return them to their poke balls immediately and then switch pokemon.

Years
  • I like to think that I'd be a kind Pokemon trainer. I'd reward my pokemon for jobs well done and punishments would be nothing more then a lecture or a "tongue-whipping" by a Lickitung (just kidding!)

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'd strictly use powerful and good looking Pokemon in my team, but I'd treat them nicely. I would keep cute ones at home.

Years
  • I don't really have a preference on whether my pokemon look tough or cute, I just prefer the ones I enjoy most. I would train vigorously but not in a way that would seem ruthless or such.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't want to push my Pokemon too hard, so I'm going with Pokemon that match up with my personality and train them without pushing them too hard.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I'd capture and train strong pokemon, but I'd always be nice to them :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Hm... I'd be a trainer that represents myself. Training is a must, but I don't think i'd be cruel. spunky BA pokemon for me!

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Reflection of my own personality!

That's not necessarily a good thing. Some people (*coughmyfathercough*) think I'm obnoxious. I have no idea how that would play out in the Pokemon world. Of course, I can't trust my father, because he's obnoxious himself. I don't know what my personality actually is, tbh. xD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I'd treat Pokemon like my friends, so yeah. Reflection of my personality, I guess. I'd give the League challenge a go, but if my Pokemon don't want to continue with it, I'd stop. I would probably be paranoid about them battling at times, and such.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I pretty much settled for my team, and I think I can conclude I will favour Pokémon that I like and are strong at the same time. I'll be a though battler, but I wouldn't mind taking a lazy break and slack of training. After all, I, and my Pokémon, would do our best to enjoy our journey as much as possible.

If anyone's curious, my team consists of Ty (Typhlosion), Kanda (Serperior), Veren (Scollipede), Aurora (Zebstraika), Kai (Crobat) and Lavi (Gyarados). I adore each and everyone of them. Each of these appeared in one of the games I played... ^_^ I can easily say they're some of the best Pokémon I ever trained. :3

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2013
    I'd treat my pokémon like I treat my cat. I talk to my cat.

I'd be the kind type of trainer that treats her pokémon like friends. All my pokémon would be cute and soft and cuddly and if I were to battle, it would be just for fun.

Back