• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainers! Trainers! AND MORE TRAINERS!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    fufufu, okay how many times has this happened to you, your this close to a city, or the end of a dungeon you run into a trainer. >> espically in FR LG, also in platinum.

GAHHH!!!! ILL BATTLE YOU WHEN I COME BACK!!! .-. it annoys the crap out of me

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I know the feeling. I will like run out of potions or my pokemon will be poisoned and Im trying to run them to the pokemon center and one pops out and just wipes my party out.

Ayselipera

This brings back terrible memories at rock tunnel. I hate that place. :'(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't mind seeing trainers at first, but when they want to cram 25 of 'em into a single area, then it starts to get annoying. The four trainers on that stub south of Rock Tunnel are a classic example, as are the three Bird Keepers at the foot of Cycling Road (FR/LG), though the latter are more easily avoided.

I guess they want you to overstock on healing items. Once you get Fly it becomes less of an issue; when you traverse through the area again, at least the trainers have been dealt with.

Years
    When going from Cerulean to Vermilion, i always have to go back after like 2 battles... First, there's the Butterfree guy, that thing is sometimes pretty evil. Then, there's the 3 Pidgeys Lass, if i'm underleveled, she can annoy the hell out of me with Sand-Attack. And then, there's the Raticate dude, not as hard as the Raticate rocket in Mount Moon, but as a <20 Raticate it's still ridiculously overpowered.
    Rock Tunnel isn't that bad, the last trainers in Rock Tunnel are rather weak ones, the ones after Rock Tunnel can be easily avoided.
    But i hate the routes near Snowpoint, i mean, if you're battling a trainer with 4 Snovers that all use Ice Shard while it hails, and only have one Pokemon, it's hell. Seriously.

Can't think of anything similar now, but i'm pretty sure there are a lot of similar places i just forgot now.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    gold version, I've just coming out of union cave exhausted thinking "ah finally at azalea town" and then another hiker ambushes me at the exit. CURSE YOU MIKE

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh jesus christ , this annoyed the crap OUT OF ME in FR !!

When I was so overjoyed I finally go through Rock Tunnel w/o Flash and my Pokemon were on the verge of faiting , BAM that hiker from the exit wipes me out and I'm returned to the entrance ;_; .

Years
    Yeah it annoys me also, especially when you have almost no medicine and low HP pokemon ;_;

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Definitely annoys the crap out of me. That or when you take out said tons of trainers, only to encounter your Rival, who of course is all healed up and ready to wipe out your 2 pokemon with like 5 HP...... >_<

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    It always bugged me that on the way to the elite four not only did you have to battle trainers, but high level wild pokemon. So I'd run out of razor leaf after like 5 battles

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    Yeah i hear you, their really annoying. i remember once in sapphire, my pokemon were all worn out (some fainted) by the time i reached victory road, but then that a-hole wally battled me and i had to restart from the beginning.

when i got platinum this year, i bought alot of hyper potions and revives before i entered the DPPT victory road, only to find out that i would get a channce to heal my pokemon before my rival battled me.

Years
    Victory Road is by far the worst. I always have to go back after a few trainers which is colossally annoying because of all the boulder puzzles and such being reset. >_>'

Rock Tunnel can also be bad in FR/LG if you're overleveled, as I was. I had to dodge every trainer I possibly could to blitz to Celadon and beat Erika, because half my team failed to obey orders. XD Accursed trade effects.

Back