• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainers with Legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
  • I think trainers with legends is just plain stupid. There's supposed to be only one of each, plus; I really don't see the point.

Years
  • I think trainers with legends is just plain stupid. There's supposed to be only one of each, plus; I really don't see the point.
    I pretty much agree there. I mean in the games there is ONE of each Legendary only. They can't Breed at all(exception of Manaphy, but then it can't evolve) etc. So i don't really like how randoms in the anime can pop up with a legendary. Befriending sure, friendship is supposedly healthy. But when you see a character send a legendary out of a Pokeball, it just ruins the concept of there all to powerfulness for Human control.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i think that trainers with legands are pretty cool an should incorpirate them more in the show. Tobias is a badass i like his character

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
    Years
  • - Oh and hey, Ash's Pikachu is kind of legendary! He can destroy Ground-types using Thunderbolt! And he can learn Volt Tackle merely by using Thunderbolt and Quick Attack at the same time... So yeah, I guess it's fair enough xP. :D

Do you think he's Pikachu are legendary? Say this to Ash's Charizard. I think Charizard is the more powerful pokemon Ash owned, he beat Articuno and even Entei could'n beat him. He defeated his WEAKNESS water + a powerful Pokemon like Blastoise!

Oh and about the questions...

1.Tobia with his Darkrai and Latios.

2.I've been thinking...how it is fair to Tobias to have 2 powerful legendary Pokemons? That breaked the anime.

3.Ash should catch Zekrom/Reshiram to defeat Plasma (Just if they own one of them) and I never watched Black and White episodes, im starting to watch now and I even don't know If N exists in the anime! So I don't think It's a good idea to Ash catch legendarys...But he can catch the small legendarys like Manaphy,Celebi or Victini cuz they're powerful,but not like the others.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Entei could'n beat him

0.o; What?

The only Entei I can recall Ash's Charizard fighting was the Entei in Movie 3 and he kicked Charizard's ass.

I pretty much agree there. I mean in the games there is ONE of each Legendary only. They can't Breed at all(exception of Manaphy, but then it can't evolve) etc. So i don't really like how randoms in the anime can pop up with a legendary. Befriending sure, friendship is supposedly healthy. But when you see a character send a legendary out of a Pokeball, it just ruins the concept of there all to powerfulness for Human control.

This^

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Anyone notice the random guy with Heatran in the Sinnoh League? He wasn't even a CoTD and had a legendary! I feel Tobias was inspired from the people that troll on wifi with legendary pokemon.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I think people like to look at legendaries as they are in-game: One-of-a-kind, when they aren't in the ''real'' Pokemon universe (Anime)

The ones that appear in the games and movies are ''special'' legendaries, with personal ties to that area, but that doesn't mean they're one-of-a-kind. The anime never makes legendaries seem less rare, because how often do you actually see any legendary in the anime? It's rare. It's not like you see every Youngster Joey tossing out a Kyogre.They're Pokemon just like any other, in that they can be captured, they can breed, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    I dont like the idea of of trainers having legendary Pokemon. Befriending or teaming up with, yes, but not having them in thier team.

Yes, in the anime, I see that they can breed and have more than one unlike the game. Yet, they are classified as legendary and that means they are rarely seen in the wild. So it should be by mere chance that they are even seen with a persons own eyes. So by this statement, Ash should be the luckiest person in the world to have seen so many legendary Pokemon.

Plus, legendary Pokemon are rotted to be the ultra powerful Pokemon of said region so unless these trainers who have them on their team of six have and uber powerful Pokemon on their team already. How in the world do they cat h them? Example, I can't think of the name of the trainer but what did the trainer from the win oh league championship who had a darkrai and latios catch them in the first place? That's a plot of an episode I would love to see.

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
  • - Do you think at any point in the anime(movies not withstanding) that a member of the Main Cast or a rival with come to own or befriend a Legendary Pokemon?

I don't see why not. Although I just wouldn't like for one to just appear out of nowhere like they tend to do with them. Since they are considered to be rare, they should be evaluated as such on TV or not. I wouldn't mind if they befriended them like Max with Deoxys and Jirachi or May and Manaphy. However, using it in challenges would be a bit unnecessary. What is a battle if someone uses a legendary?

- Do you think it is fair for Ash or anyone else to have to go up against Legendary or Legendaries.

Ash has faced many tough challenges. Including many legendary Pokemon that he has crossed paths with. He may have lost a vast amount of his team, but he eventually beat them.

- If Ash or anyone else Main Cast, Rival, Reoccurring character in fact did catch or befriended a Legendary Pokemon which one would you like to see them with and why?

I could see them using one when fighting an opponent who they know will have one. I could see Ash befriend one of the Musketeer trio. There is just something that seems like they would actually get along.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    While the reputation of legendaries in the anime as far as rarity goes has constantly been in flux, trainers using them was fine up until Tobias came along. Most legendaries were just befriended, or in Brandon's case, weren't particularly special or world-threatening in their capture, especially since he had to leave them with Regigigas in the end anyway.

But they kind of killed that when they had Tobias pull Latios out of nowhere, when he had already caught a Darkrai. In fact, Darkrai alone wouldn't have been a problem, if it weren't for one important thing: Tobias has no development whatsoever. Hes just some random trainer who happens to have two legendaries with absolutely no explanation.

Years
  • While the reputation of legendaries in the anime as far as rarity goes has constantly been in flux, trainers using them was fine up until Tobias came along. Most legendaries were just befriended, or in Brandon's case, weren't particularly special or world-threatening in their capture, especially since he had to leave them with Regigigas in the end anyway.

But they kind of killed that when they had Tobias pull Latios out of nowhere, when he had already caught a Darkrai. In fact, Darkrai alone wouldn't have been a problem, if it weren't for one important thing: Tobias has no development whatsoever. Hes just some random trainer who happens to have two legendaries with absolutely no explanation.

I agree on what you said about Tobias, he was a totally random Legendary user with no development. And I hated his Darkrai, it took out more than half of Ash's team until losing to Sceptile.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    About that which one we would like to see catch one ...
    No of them got what it takes to catch one . I always wanted to see a poke movie about an unknown trainer who always keeps his coolness and only goes for the legendaries ... one of those guys who don't speak alot and are awesome and all that

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I agree on what you said about Tobias, he was a totally random Legendary user with no development. And I hated his Darkrai, it took out more than half of Ash's team until losing to Sceptile.
    LOL, he's bit like those n00b players in Wi-Fi who can't even use legendaries right and therefore lose to good players who don't use legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    At the beginning , I believed all pokemon are catcable including Legendary so its made excited to see Ash finally catching a legendary.
    It was late after Jotho series where its became clear that Legendary pokemon are uncatchable.
    I feel like Stupid for believing Ash to catch Suicone .

Even now , I wish Ash to catch a Regigigas because it own by Dia (PokeSpe) and Harata (Pokemon DP).
    Also , I just watch Digimon Tri series So I feel like Regigigas would a perfect pokemon take down Alphamon and Omegamon .
    Plus , Regigigas may be strong but its own ability its own weakness so it makes him a perfect pokemon for Ash.
    Oh well , I just hope Ash-greninja will take down Regigigas .

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Hey everyone, since this thread died a few years ago, I'm going to close it. However, feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue the topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back