• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I will probably choose Treecko as my starter, but then trade in a Torchic as well. I like Blaziken and Sceptile a lot so why not?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder if I could transfert eggs via pokebank to ORAS, this way I could get a starter with good IV and ability that will be hatched in Hoenn instead of being from Kalos.

Years
  • In Gen III as a kid, I'd usually choose Torchic and beat the game using only it. I'm choosing Mudkip this time, and spent months breeding a shiny to use. Giant pink beefcake. Yes.

I'm excited for whatever changes they might have made to the game- and it would cool if I'd be able to make a more varied team than usual.

Years
  • I wonder if I could transfert eggs via pokebank to ORAS, this way I could get a starter with good IV and ability that will be hatched in Hoenn instead of being from Kalos.
    Unless they update Pokebank I doubt it, we can't put eggs on it right now which is a pain... If they do update it I have a Buneary egg, which should have some decent egg moves, which I'd like to move over for Mega Lopunny...

I'll be using Mudkip in Omega Ruby, just like in my first time playing Ruby and then Treeko in Alpha Sapphire, which my brother used in Sapphire- unfortunately he doesn't play Pokemon anymore so I'm getting OR and AS. I might breed a Torchic just to get its line registered in my OR Pokedex.

Sirfetch’d

I almost always pick Torchic when playing Hoenn because it is my favorite starter of all time! However since I have already used it's mega evolution I will be going with Mudkip. I am super excited about Mega Swampert and can't wait to use it!

Years
  • Treecko obviously. Because Grass/Dragon?! Just yes. Plus the first time I played the original I chose Mudkip.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I was planning on picking Treecko from the start because I did so in the original Sapphire and Sceptile is one of my favorites, but now that Mega Sceptile is Dragon/Grass I can't resist. <3 Next time I play through ORAS I'm going with Mudkip since I haven't chosen it before.

Years
  • its hard to pick can someone help me dont know what one to have treecko or mudkip :(
    Well, it depends on what version you're getting. If you're getting Omega Ruby, I'd say Mudkip, because Mudkip's line will just blast through Team Magma, and Treecko's line would just blast through team Aqua on Alpha Sapphire. It also depends on your other team members, as if you are already planning on using a Grass type like Bellossom, then you don't really need another grass type that specializes in Special Attack. And of course, it doesn't make sense to have a Gyarados and Swampert on the same team, as they are both physical Water types. As for me, I'm picking Torchic, as I almost always pick the Fire starter in my first run through a game.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Well, it depends on what version you're getting. If you're getting Omega Ruby, I'd say Mudkip, because Mudkip's line will just blast through Team Magma, and Treecko's line would just blast through team Aqua on Alpha Sapphire. It also depends on your other team members, as if you are already planning on using a Grass type like Bellossom, then you don't really need another grass type that specializes in Special Attack. And of course, it doesn't make sense to have a Gyarados and Swampert on the same team, as they are both physical Water types. As for me, I'm picking Torchic, as I almost always pick the Fire starter in my first run through a game.
    I was thinking of mudkip as I used to play it back in the old ruby I know I'm going to have salamance on my team its just the rest its hard to choose

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I want an electric type as Starter :/
    well I choose Torchic not because of the type, but because of He looks cooler than the other craps

There's only one reason why I'm picking Treeko...
    File:254Sceptile-Mega.png

Mega... DRAGON... Type!!!!!

Years
  • I want to choose Mudkip but Mega Swampert doesn't have any special qualities and I'm honestly playing this game for the stones so Mega Sceptile is more valuable. Treecko is my choice. Altaria and Lopunny ftw.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • Torchic <3

It was my starter on Gen3... So many memories... I'll have to find my Pokemon Ruby cartridge. My Pokemon Blue still works with my 5 badges and a level 51 Charizard :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I'd say Mudkip is the best choice. It becoming an unbeatable Ground/Water type. I believe that Mega Swampert is going to be a tank.

I'm skipping out on Treeko because it has too many weaknesses. It sometimes makes it up with speed. Sceptile's Mega evolution doesn't excite me with it being a Dragon/Grass Type. One Ice Beam and GG.

I'm skipping out on Torchic because of my painful memories in Ruby with Roxanne and Broly. Some would go with Torchic, with Blaziken's Mega Evolution being an Ubers Pokemon, but I don't see it as that strong. one Earthquake. BraveBird? GG

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'd say Mudkip is the best choice. It becoming an unbeatable Ground/Water type. I believe that Mega Swampert is going to be a tank.

I'm skipping out on Treeko because it has too many weaknesses. It sometimes makes it up with speed. Sceptile's Mega evolution doesn't excite me with it being a Dragon/Grass Type. One Ice Beam and GG.

I'm skipping out on Torchic because of my painful memories in Ruby with Roxanne and Broly. Some would go with Torchic, with Blaziken's Mega Evolution being an Ubers Pokemon, but I don't see it as that strong. one Earthquake. BraveBird? GG

I see what you're saying, but I don't see why those weaknesses should deter you from using the other starters. You won't keep Blaziken in on something that knows EQ, especially since ingame the ones that use it are often Ground- or Rock-types, where Blaziken could just use its own Earthquake to take them out. Swampert has a 4x weakness to Grass, which isn't that uncommon of a type?

Back