• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Trick or Treat!" "Get back to class!"

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Our school celebrates Halloween. We dress up and wear costumes and elementary students will go to the high school building to ask for candy, in which in the way we also "scare" them. Actually, we're celebrating Halloween tomorrow. :D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Half Term babeh ;)
    Mind you, every few years it falls on either the Friday or Monday either side of it. It's uncommon though.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    We get, or rather are encouraged to wear our Halloween costume so long as it fits the dress code(their is slight lenience on this.) It is on Sunday, sadly, and we don't get the following Monday off. It is kind of ridiculous, because I, among many others, am going to be out all night. I will probably wind up hung over some way or another :/.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Why would you expect the day off? It's not a statutory holiday. O_o

And most everything about Halloween takes place at night.

... That said though I once had a university exam on Halloween night I think.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • LOL No. Though Halloween is on Sunday this year. XD

But in my used-to elementary school on Friday they had a Pajama/Wacky Hair day. LOL. I guess that's a little Halloween-ish. Not really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Lesse... Elementary School we had parties, and then in Middle School/High School (except for sixth grade, it was the same campus) if we paid a dollar or so, we get to wear our costume out and about campus. Though I think one year we didn't have to pay anything to wear a costume... that or I'm mixing it up with the Homecoming Dress-Up days. Either way, we did get to dress up on Halloween if we wanted to~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Halloween is one of the best holidays in the year. Unfortunately, though, a lot of schools won't give you the day off if it occurs Monday-Friday.

Why would they let you off for the day if people Trick-O-Treat at night? O_o

Like the earliest I've EVER seen anyone Trick-O-Treat is after 5.

At all my schools, they do celebate Halloween but I don't dress up since it's silly to have to wea the costume longer than you have to.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    My High school doesn't really do anything for it, but little preschoolers come by and trick or treat and go to each teacher asking for candy :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uni doesn't give us a day off or anything and doesn't really do anything regarding it, which is fine by me since it's mostly an American thing~

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
  • Basically everyone in my school dresses up for halloween. We still have a regular day of school, but its still fun to see everyone show up in their costumes

Back