• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Triple/Rotational Battles

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    For those who said the shadow triad @ triples, I'd love that. Thing is, they'd need to have a purpose to do that. :( Rotationals I really want to see gone, so in the 2 years hopefully they got phased out of the region due to being terrible. :3;
    If GameFreak completely removed Rotational battles out of the blue, I'd be upset. u_u It can be really fun since you have to think strategically, and you never know what Pokémon your opponent is going to switch to during the battle. I'm always looking for challenges in Pokémon battles, and I don't think there was enough in BW. More Rotational battles could get annoying, but at the same time it's also challenging. That's why having more within B2W2 would be fine with me, haha.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I loved these battle styles as soon as I was thrown in one, I hope they are used throughout the game more often, especially with gym leaders, evil teams and the rival.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I think it would be really cool if we had a Rotational and Triples Subway, as I think we didn't have one in BW ;w;

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of them entirely. I thought they were an annoying gimmick, to be honest.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I was in one rotational battle and I think 2 or 3 triple battles. So I would love to see more just to determine if I like them or not. I felt like I've been teased a little bit. I was only given a brief taste of something that could be in fact good!

Years
  • I think Triple/Rotation Battles should get more appearances in B2/W2. I enjoyed them and I like the strategy that comes with it.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I will like to see more of the two in B2/W2. Most likely they will put more Rotation Battles in one and more Triple Battles in the other. I also hope if you get to battle the Shadow Triad it's a Rotation Battle (in one game) or a Triple Battle (in the other). Even better if you get to battle the 6 Sages (like if they escape jail or they just get a 2 year sentence and their time expired) and you battle 3 in a Rotation Battle and the other 3 in a Triple Battle. As well as one of the latter gyms have 3 gym leaders that you tri/rot battle with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

If GameFreak completely removed Rotational battles out of the blue, I'd be upset. u_u It can be really fun since you have to think strategically, and you never know what Pokémon your opponent is going to switch to during the battle. I'm always looking for challenges in Pokémon battles, and I don't think there was enough in BW. More Rotational battles could get annoying, but at the same time it's also challenging. That's why having more within B2W2 would be fine with me, haha.

Well, they can keep them in but not too many---

I think it would be really cool if we had a Rotational and Triples Subway, as I think we didn't have one in BW ;w;

YES, that is what I think would be better. :3 Isolate those battles to the subway plz. lool.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Battle Subway should have Rotation Battles. That would be perfect.

There should also be a special color of grass, burgundy grass, that causes wild triple battle encounters. Or, maybe that is a bit too much :15:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh triple battle grass! Black and White = about a few years after DPPt, so that could actually be kinda developed in the sense that it happened with B/W. As long as there's no rotational battle grass >__> But possibly they might want to wait until the next generation to add in that. ;__;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I mentioned triple battle wild grass, and yes I would love this. I mean if they can include wild double battles, why not promote triple battles more with it? I see trainers using more of rotational battles, doesn't look like a technique that you should find within wild Pokémon.

Frozen

Frosty
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, I'd really love to see them utilized more. I loved the Triple Battles (Never got to experience the rotation battles), It seemed like a waste to only have a few battles with it. Oh and the first GYM needs a triple battle.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe rotationals would be suited to a structured environment, perhaps like in a place where Pokemon are at home/at nature sorta? Don't really know where, maybe in the earlier areas, where Pokemon are younger and work as a "team" to defeat the opponent (although mega unlikely lool) and have triples all over in the grass? IF NOT SUBWAY PLZ GF.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a feeling they'll expand the Subway and put a battling spot for triples there, similar to the Frontier.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    ^ I wonder why they didn't put them into the Subway in the first place. Of course at the time they were trying to make each one unique to a different region.
    But to see them in the Subway would be really cool. That would certainly make it a bit more difficult imo.

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • These feature were okay, but when they released double battles in R/S they werent huge until the emerald remake, I think there should be more of both and definetly incorporate them in to the enemy team, but definetly not the E4 or Champion, that would be absurd lol

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It was kind of pointless for them to include very few Trip/Rotations especially due to the fact that it's the games they were introduced in.

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It was kind of pointless for them to include very few Trip/Rotations especially due to the fact that it's the games they were introduced in.

Ruby and Sapphire also introduced double battles, but had far fewer than important, they werent correctly incorporated until Emerald which was remake of Ruby and Sapphire, They might have done that just to see if they would get good feedback and then add more or take them out depending on such feedback

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Didn't get to this type of battle yet in Black but I can see a patten here with Emerald and Black and White 2, Emerald included more double battles and Black and White 2 included more triple battles :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • True^ I can see them utilizing these into B2W2 in more areas, it would make sence really. Hoping for more Triples than Rotationals however.

Back